ABF | Layoffs

Maybe you could get a kiss on the forehead from the Pope, that seems to work pretty good.

Best of luck to ya, even I get lucky once in a while it must happen to you too sooner or later.

Well,......you may be right. I do know that they give part-timers in the building benefits after 30 days. One of my sons worked there during college. I would think, especially in light of the provisions of the Affordable Care Act, that they would give the same to seasonal feeder drivers,..........but I am presuming. Of course we all know there are different provisions in different parts of the country. I'll ask the B.A. today and try to find out.

But,.....it sounds like you're doing the seasonal work. If so, then you would know far better than me. And I wish you luck on getting full time with them! I know it's a real process, but we'll worth it in the end. Our casual is doing that now, since we're so slow. I think this is his third year in trying to get on full time.

Thank you for the luck gentlemen... I know it is a long shot, but whatever happens, happens for a reason... I would not be one bit disappointed to have to return to ABF should nothing come of UPS. I am a firm believer of things happening for a reason and learning to accept it and live with it.

Canary, to get more specific with what you were saying about benefits, I know part timers that are permanent part timers get benefits after one year, and dam good benefits at that. They also get a pension and can take good solace in knowing that their seniority will get them into driving or other positions that suit them.

Thank you for the luck gentlemen... I know it is a long shot, but whatever happens, happens for a reason... I would not be one bit disappointed to have to return to ABF should nothing come of UPS. I am a firm believer of things happening for a reason and learning to accept it and live with it.

Canary, to get more specific with what you were saying about benefits, I know part timers that are permanent part timers get benefits after one year, and dam good benefits at that. They also get a pension and can take good solace in knowing that their seniority will get them into driving or other positions that suit them.

Yup, permanent part timers can eventually go full time non driving position. They top out at $26.75 an hour with of course full benefits and pension.