FedEx Freight | Layoffs

I totally agree. This is crazy!!! I see plenty of the FXFE trailers around, don't ever see FXNL/WATKINS trailers. ABout a 20/1 ratio.

Starting to see a lot of FNL trailers now. There are at least 15 in HBG's yard and I know we've been loading them to all our EOL destinations. I also see that a couple of our city pups are done already as well.

They are starting to do the rebranding trailer today in HRT shop. They have enough to do 100 trailer. they have one bay in the shop just of this work

Fed Up In Cinci

Well, I just got a call this morning from a fellow dockworker telling me they called back the top 4 people that were forced off for 2 weeks and forced them on a 10 hour bid Thursday or Friday through. They just did away with all the 4 day 10 hour bids 3 weeks ago when we had our three month bid. It upset a lot of people now they want to force other people on a bid they did away with when thy people who want to work it. Guess I'm finding a job with another company. I'm not going to get a call on a Monday telling me that I have to be back to work at a completely different time and new days. Where I come from you just can't crap a babysitter in a few days. I have a sitter for my 3am shift. The sitter comes over at 5am so my husband can go to work and I'm home by noon to take kids to school and the sitter leaves. Got one that is still not in school. What has the world come to when making money is so much more important than your children? It's no wonder the crime rate in this counrty is so high, people are so busy kissing corporate butt:butt kiss: that all the children are left on the back burners. Not me and my family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad DHL did not buy us.
Already cut our vacations in half. Lost almost all of the extras. And the insurence sucks.

UH?

Too bad DHL did not buy us.
Already cut our vacations in half. Lost almost all of the extras. And the insurence sucks.

Lets see we got another week of vacation we don't pay for disability insurance our vision and dental got better. What am I missing??

Lets see we got another week of vacation we don't pay for disability insurance our vision and dental got better. What am I missing??

LOL, you guys sure you work for the same co??

On a side note, saw alot of Nationals headed East on my way back into STL this AM, hope it's picking up for you guys.

Also, I'm sure your just relocating equipment but to be sure can anyone verify why your pulling Centrals Transports trailers?

FM

Just like I said I lost 3 weeks a year off. and the insurence is not paying crap. I hope the watkins boys are injoying there money. They sure hurt a lot of good people by selling out.

Just like I said I lost 3 weeks a year off. and the insurence is not paying crap. I hope the watkins boys are injoying there money. They sure hurt a lot of good people by selling out.

I know I'm just a dumb old truck driver but how did you lose three weeks a year? Our health insurance pays for everything for us just like it did before and the claims now get paid in a timely manor. Now when the Drs or hospitals see aetna on the insurance card they send right to the insurance co ,and does not have to be redone to go to WAI.:1036316054:

I did not have any problems with WAI only since the buy out. Eatna is getting things screwed up and we have to get on the phone every time.
Guess the change was good for some I am glad for you.

In Cinci they have been rebranding like crazy! Good thing we have all these trailers for when the freight hits! Maybe that will be on July 24th!

In Cinci they have been rebranding like crazy! Good thing we have all these trailers for when the freight hits! Maybe that will be on July 24th!
Well, maybe by July 24th I'll get to see all the rebranded trailers. I had to call my TM yesterday and I still can't go back to work. He told they probably wouldn't need me back until the restructure on July 23rd. That will be three months off for me. Hope they don't pull that you haven't worked in 90 days you no longer have a job crap! I know they just waived that rule for a part time biller last month. They better do it for the rest of us lone dock workers too.

Cant wait for July 24th!!! Not only will I have a crappy bid,have anywhere from 20-40 of my fellow dockrats to dodge but(probably some drivers on the moving freight as well)!!!

I used to work for Viking I got Laid Off. Oh yea, they called it furlowed.:toxic: they never bothered to call me back to work, so I went to Waktins.
I don't think they will have to lay off any drivers, I think alot of the "displaced" drivers will quit, rather than have to move their families.

new city bids

Heard Dallas will have new p&d bids going up next week. With most guys not able to get in a full five day week, I wonder if there will be enough regular bids for all of the drivers currently punching the clock. Or will a bunch at the bottom be put on a call-in basis. There are already some drivers going thru that.

Got a total of 25 hours this week. Lucky to be allowed 4 working days. Dallas, one of the biggest local p&d coverage areas in the system. Mgmt keeps saying everyone is slow and not to listen to drivers for the competition when they claim they are, B@lls to the W@ll. But I keep seeing the competitions drivers who are shot on friday from the 12 and 14 hour days all week. They say believe it we are BUSY. Con Way, Overnite, AAA Cooper, Estes, Central. What the h#ll is going on? Where has our business gone? Fed ex Freight? Or to all of these other LTL companies who realize good old Watkins is gone and the shippers do not want to embrace the faceless Fed Ex mega corporation "press one to see if we want to pick up your freight". A cold sterile enviorment where it is the shippers privilege to have Fed Ex show up at their dock, they never see the same driver twice, or often enough for the driver to remember their name. Fed Ex National sales people must really be under tremendous pressure these days. I know the economy has slowed down some, but this is rediculous. :ranting2:

June 1st is supposedly the day where the whole sales force starts selling everything. Only problem is FNL account reps don't know what territories or customers they have left and which carrier's sales rep will be representing them. Most of our old good accounts either went to other LTL carrers during this past years confusion or are with FXF. Were at the end of the month of May and HBG is sending dockpeople home because there isn't enough work. This is slower than the mini recession we went through right after 9/11. This keeps up we won't have to worry about the reengineering on 7/23. We'll all be looking for jobs.

June 1st is supposedly the day where the whole sales force starts selling everything. Only problem is FNL account reps don't know what territories or customers they have left and which carrier's sales rep will be representing them. Most of our old good accounts either went to other LTL carrers during this past years confusion or are with FXF. Were at the end of the month of May and HBG is sending dockpeople home because there isn't enough work. This is slower than the mini recession we went through right after 9/11. This keeps up we won't have to worry about the reengineering on 7/23. We'll all be looking for jobs.

i believe you are probably correct on that one. i have been with WML for 20 years and never, ever has it been this slow. its the end of the month and we had a grand sum of 7 pickups yesterday and we used to have average of 30-40 a day. we dont have enough work to keep 2-3 drivers busy a day.FX can say hold onto the purple promise all they want, but i have been around the freight business since 1976 and i see the writing on the wall. Heard yesterday that MPS linehaul tore up there bid sheets and told the drivers bids were placed on indefinate hold??? Dont know what thats about. All i can tell anyone is keep your chin up (if thats possible) and hang on for the ride, i believe its going to get real bumpy. I heard our reps talking also yesterday that the customers they are seeing are telling them that FXF reps are not selling national...imagine that:hide: