Estes | Let the Bids begin

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
It's that time of the year again. Finally a chance to get a bid run and be on a regular schedule. A few runs have been cancelled and a few added. Good luck to everyone and i hope you get at least one of your picks.

ioritynSeeing as how I’d be coming up on 11 years with them and probably on a decent bid by now I’d say yes, I do miss them. Estes is a good place to work but I kick myself in the ass frequently for giving up seniority.
Seniority is why I didn't give going back to work a second thought when PIE folded.

Some of these older drivers here will probably die in the truck before they leave. One driver is 71 years old. It's either in their blood or they are so far in debt they can never leave. Who knows?
I’ve known quite a few like that, steercrazee, or, they have an exwife in their past who, thru the divorce decree, they get half of the retirement of the driver. So they’ll work til they drop just to make sure she gets nothing.

Some of these older drivers here will probably die in the truck before they leave. One driver is 71 years old. It's either in their blood or they are so far in debt they can never leave. Who knows?
PIE had a Jax driver in his mid-70s who was a millionaire.
His wife retired from the phone company with a good retirement, and no children.
They owned an 800-acre working farm in Ga.
He would run an Orlando turn every 8 hrs, you could set your watch by him, and never marked off or missed a trip.
He was involved in 2 fatal accidents, and the company and union got him to retire or be fired.
He would only drive a 10 or 15-year-old clunker to work.
The man just loved to work, you would not meet a nicer guy.

PIE had a Jax driver in his mid-70s who was a millionaire.
His wife retired from the phone company with a good retirement, and no children.
They owned an 800-acre working farm in Ga.
He would run an Orlando turn every 8 hrs, you could set your watch by him, and never marked off or missed a trip.
He was involved in 2 fatal accidents, and the company and union got him to retire or be fired.
He would only drive a 10 or 15-year-old clunker to work.
The man just loved to work, you would not meet a nicer guy.
Between running every 8 hours and a 700 acre farm, did the man ever sleep?