ODFL | Let's fix this

buckeye

TB Lurker
Credits
Delay pay and breakdown should be paid at your full hourly rate starting at your gate time that's 30 minutes after you've been at work. Drop and hook and fuel pay is a joke a slap in the face and I don't even get paid for the drop and hook at a meet point. This company can do better for its employees. Whatever happened to the surveys we took never heard one word about them.

When we have issues with the rules, corporate always says "will look into that". Then they leave never to return with a answer

Make approximately $70-75 k on P&D here in Cali.Those guys out of CIC do about 540 miles a day make somewhere in the range of 90 I think?

Out here in CA, no more drops, hooks, or fuel pay. We get paid hourly (city's minimum wage) for all on duty time. We can clock in 30 mins before our gate time, and clock out after we break our sets and turn in our paperwork.
Although over here at SFC (Oakland,CA) the city's min wage is currently at $12.86/hr, all our line guys are getting paid $13/hr, so that's pretty generous of OD ;-)
Last time I talked to a couple guys from RTO, and LAS, they were getting paid only $10/hr. I guess the cost of living in Oakland, more specifically the Bay Area is much higher than in So. Cal.

Out here in CA, no more drops, hooks, or fuel pay. We get paid hourly (city's minimum wage) for all on duty time. We can clock in 30 mins before our gate time, and clock out after we break our sets and turn in our paperwork.
Although over here at SFC (Oakland,CA) the city's min wage is currently at $12.86/hr, all our line guys are getting paid $13/hr, so that's pretty generous of OD ;-)
Last time I talked to a couple guys from RTO, and LAS, they were getting paid only $10/hr. I guess the cost of living in Oakland, more specifically the Bay Area is much higher than in So. Cal.

That's a goofy state who's really doing a good job at screwing everything up for truck drivers. Be soon enough and OD will move all the terminals to Nevada and send city drivers over to CA in sleeper trucks lol.

Does Cali make OD give you OT after 40 like WA??
After 12 hours in a day or after 60 hours in a week.I truly believe if they did start paying it "correctly" that they would try and find a way to minimize OT.Only problem is there's only so many guys out there to hire or trucks to buy.
I thought it was $10 and I'm in SAC.But I'm P&D.They stopped letting us run on the weekends at the beginning of last year.Allegedly P&D guys were running in some places while line guys sat.The KET runs on Saturday were supposed to be city guys so that wild or extra board guys would be available for other runs.The consensus around here is that it came about because they already knew they would be switching to hourly instead of drop and hooks pay.

After 12 hours in a day or after 60 hours in a week.I truly believe if they did start paying it "correctly" that they would try and find a way to minimize OT.Only problem is there's only so many guys out there to hire or trucks to buy.

I thought it was $10 and I'm in SAC.But I'm P&D.They stopped letting us run on the weekends at the beginning of last year.Allegedly P&D guys were running in some places while line guys sat.The KET runs on Saturday were supposed to be city guys so that wild or extra board guys would be available for other runs.The consensus around here is that it came about because they already knew they would be switching to hourly instead of drop and hooks pay.

WA forces cheap Old Demon to pay us OT after 40. We still break the 50 hour mark because no one wants to do city work.

How does OD, or ANY company for that matter, get away with not paying hourly employees OT after 40 hours?

All hourly truckers should be paid OT after 40. In a time when fast food idiots can make 15 an hour, I don't see why the gov't continues to let trucking companies get away with cheating driver's out of OT. OD is not hurting either to do the right thing for its employees.

All hourly truckers should be paid OT after 40. In a time when fast food idiots can make 15 an hour, I don't see why the gov't continues to let trucking companies get away with cheating driver's out of OT. OD is not hurting either to do the right thing for its employees.
Is there some goofy loophole they use to get out of it?

Federal law exempts certain industries from the overtime regulation because we are considered "unskilled labor". They're completely within the law, but way behind the times.
Would have loved to seen the amount of money & back scratching that was done back when the law was written.But,yes OD need's to step up and really show that we are the Premier LTL Company.They do take this law to there advantage for sure.Look how much money they save by paying reg time up to 60 hour's in most state's.Other thing that really burn's me is the $74 and some change that we the driver's who only qualify for a 1 year Medical Certificate have to pay OD now by certified fund's to Corp every other year.Has much money this company makes and throw's away there should be no ? at all in this matter.It really is Sad.Love working here and OD is up on the list for LTL Company's to work for.But,it just burn's my A.. for sure.."JOM"