FedEx Freight | Let's start working on a CONTRACT.

Everyone knows where I stand, but I'll bite. Here's what I disagree with:

Wages- everyone shouldn't make the same. Cost of living differs according to region

Seniority- two boards should still be used in the case of layoffs otherwise you would force bottom drivers to have to move to other board. I know I would not be happy getting bumped to the otherside.

Bonus- I would rather have cash than more stock. Prices jump around too much.

Now THAT is a productive reply, EXCEPT you didn't read it thoroughly. Wages are tiered, but to bring everyone up, the initial correction brings us all up by the same amount, NOT to the same amount. Read it again.

SW, we have barely started this UNION movement, and already you want to bring out "THE CONTRACT".
My final words to everyone. Let's wait until EVERY CENTER is on board before we start talks of a contract. If we are going to start fighting about it this early, then we might as well tell the TEAMSTERS to go home now. Fighting will only discourage and destroy our goals.

So, for all of you, this subject about contract should en here and now, until, say, we have 80% membership across the company.. Then we can take the issue of "A CONTRACT" and start talking.

When the dust settles, we will have to come up with the smartest minds amongst us to "engineer" a well thought out contract that benefits us all. It WON'T be perfect, but that's what we will always aim for every time the contract comes up for renewal, better, always. NOBODY is going to have to settle with, as you put it "inept or half assed representation. We will not settle for mediocrity with the TEAMSTERS, and I am sure they agree. We will ALWAYS shoot for THE BEST, without getting too greedy. GREED DESTROYS!!!
I can agree wit dat :6788:

SW, you sound a little upset there pal. Relax!!!! This is precisely what we want to avoid. Everyone is going to want to add their 2 cents, and opinions. EVERYONE will be heard, but in the end, not everyone will get EXACTLY what they want. One more time, a contract has to be put together SMART, GREED will only cause people to... get upset. And this is precisely what FXF Management wants, FIGHTING amongst each other. I am a linehaul driver, I want what's best for me, you and our fellow employees. And we WILL NOT rush to put together a contract that ends up being the wrong one. We want a GREAT contract, NOT a good one. We will not settle for a good contract, but a GREAT one instead.

Not upset at all, BUT... I'm not the one knocking somebody for putting it up for discussion... Kind of doing what you say we shouldn't. Infighting. I want representation, to get a contract. Not just for representation sake. That is just me. I don't claim to speak for anyone else. I do want to start getting a little more specific though and i'll continue to try to guide the conversation that way. I put it out there... I can take the heat if it's not "approved". But for now, I've got some free time, I'll see yall in the morning.

Not upset at all, BUT... I'm not the one knocking somebody for putting it up for discussion... Kind of doing what you say we shouldn't. Infighting. I want representation, to get a contract. Not just for representation sake. That is just me. I don't claim to speak for anyone else. I do want to start getting a little more specific though and i'll continue to try to guide the conversation that way. I put it out there... I can take the heat if it's not "approved". But for now, I've got some free time, I'll see yall in the morning.

SW I completely get your point and concerns, but brother, you're going to need to be patient. And we all welcome and respect your thoughts, questions and concerns. Let's just all be patient. The time will come, one vote at a time. UNITED WE CONQUER, DIVIDED WE FALL!!!

I know at our house our biggie will be compensation, we make less $ than all centers around us ... that us a big point of contention at our place.... a real true pension is number 2 and then the health care being affordable and useful! !!!! JMHO The wages are again the biggest deal at our place we are sick of sucking hind tit to our fellow coworkers all around us that in lots of cases dont have the same amounts of experience or time on the Job as we do!!!! Those are our reasons at our house for a yes vote !!!!!

I'd like a new Trek Madone bicycle, maybe some new sweaters and a Red Ryder BB gun!

Thanks! I love Christmas

roog

I like the thought of agreeing on a contract but now is not the time lets get votes in then we can discuss this with our locals that way freddy and his boys will not get a heads up

Everyone knows where I stand, but I'll bite. Here's what I disagree with:

Wages- everyone shouldn't make the same. Cost of living differs according to region

Seniority- two boards should still be used in the case of layoffs otherwise you would force bottom drivers to have to move to other board. I know I would not be happy getting bumped to the otherside.

Bonus- I would rather have cash than more stock. Prices jump around too much.
I believe "prevailing" wages for the location addressed that, Seniority with regards to layoff has ALWAYS been company, and should remain the same. The only way that fedex stock has been jumping is UP. Why do you think the upper management like their stock options?

JMO

Too bad none of this is gonna happen because all the smart people will vote no and keep the slimy teamsters out

And the same slimy management people will have at least a year to make your life that much harder...at least at work...Are you really that much in denial?

Well SW sounds like your ok with insurance the same just locked in, same seniority that does not reward years of service only in case of layoffs and people still not making the same money for the same work!! Sounds a lot like what we already have! What the union going to be for again?

Well SW sounds like your ok with insurance the same just locked in, same seniority that does not reward years of service only in case of layoffs and people still not making the same money for the same work!! Sounds a lot like what we already have! What the union going to be for again?
Exactly what do you want it to say regarding insurance? Put it in there. It is harder to get it reversed than to maintain (lock in), but if that is what the consensus is, I'm good with it. Write your own paragraph and put it in there

Exactly what do you want it to say about seniority? Pension $ goes up, thats a reward. everything gets bid on by seniority. give us the wording you'd like to see. That's the point, you can show what you'd like it to be.

Nationwide pay scale? I have no problem with it, some do. You put out there' yall can debate it.

I would like to See one seniority list and city driver vacation pay the same as road driver vacation pay. Of course there is a lot more going into this so just reply with some idea's.