XPO | Linehall mileage pay drop.

In order for mr Jacobs to hit the targets investors were promised certain things must happen. Either raise revenue from increased business or cut costs. Or both. Which is happening?

Both. They are reigning in cost while eliminating unprofitable freight.

Both. They are reigning in cost while eliminating unprofitable freight.
With an emphasis on sales. Operations used to be separate from sales. Regional Manager ( called something different now , Director of operations , I think ) has to do sales calls. So many that a new position was created between the Regional Manager and the Terminal Managers. Sales , sales , sales.

We have seen no changes. Looked at a few of the obvious question marks around the region. They remain the same also.

With an emphasis on sales. Operations used to be separate from sales. Regional Manager ( called something different now , Director of operations , I think ) has to do sales calls. So many that a new position was created between the Regional Manager and the Terminal Managers. Sales , sales , sales.

A lot of retooling going on in management as well. A bunch got fired and now several have been promoted.

Guessing my TM is getting promoted pretty soon. This went from being a dream job to a nightmare for him pretty quickly. All those years of time put in, to get sold out. Sometimes we forget that this is a challenge for all of the former Con-way employees, not just the drivers.

8qPYW0F.jpg

Your funny! And that's why you guys keep on coming in here and disrupting the page. No worries. I'll just keep removing you guys from these conversations.

I was chatting with a local xpo driver who I thought was new with xpo when he told me that xpo pulled him out of linehaul and put him and others in the city. Is this normal? My company doesn't move linehaul ppl to city so I found it odd

I was chatting with a local xpo driver who I thought was new with xpo when he told me that xpo pulled him out of linehaul and put him and others in the city. Is this normal? My company doesn't move linehaul ppl to city so I found it odd
Yes. If freight is slow or changes, city can go to l/h or vise versa. Generally the guys on the bottom get bumped. If a brand new run is added, then it goes back to the bid sheets we fill out at the start of the year. Chances are his LH bid was cut due to no freight, and city was his second choice.

I think that option is a good option. At a lot of carriers that option doesn't exist. At other carriers, your other option is unemployment or go look for another job when it gets slow.
Kudos to Conway/XPO for trying to keep their people working. Changing shifts is often better than changing employers.

I think that option is a good option. At a lot of carriers that option doesn't exist. At other carriers, your other option is unemployment or go look for another job when it gets slow.
Kudos to Conway/XPO for trying to keep their people working. Changing shifts is often better than changing employers.
When it gets slow everyone gets a day off each week instead of layoffs. I don't mind that.