Yellow | Linehaul Layoffs For 1/1/12?

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits

I have been told this is to take place SYSTEM WIDE as of 1/1/12 due to the predicted drop in freight levels......KK

Some I have confirmed are, but not limited to:

ATL (402) 30
Memphis 25
JMI (455) 20
Nashville 20
CNC 20
DAL/511 38
211 (?) 38
Chicago 35
Lake Park, GA (705) 8

Of course there are going to be layoffs in most terminals that are not understaffed. When you go from near 50000 bill a day to under 40000 what do you think is going to happen?
It's called winter. everything slows down. It's just the way things are in the LTL freight business.

I was given a heads up on this when I went by the terminal. Major Linehaul layoffs that will be system wide due to the predicted drop in frieght.
I was also told that some of them will be on a soft layoff to be sure that ALL freight gets moved out of the terminals. Also, many drivers have been off for Christmas / New Years will be returning next week and flood the boards and the same time freight flow drops.

Best of luck to all.....go get the meds and doctor visits done before Saturday morning.....KK

Of course there are going to be layoffs in most terminals that are not understaffed. When you go from near 50000 bill a day to under 40000 what do you think is going to happen?
It's called winter. everything slows down. It's just the way things are in the LTL freight business.

OR......getting things lined up for the Linehaul COO coming out in Januaury for the 1st Q??......KK

Of course there is going to be big linehaul layoffs coming! Probably part of the deal to get caledon to buy glen moore, to keep caledon's drivers working.
Has anyone seen the details of the money, if any, that was involved with this deal? They're public companies, why all the hush hush.
Wouldn't trust them for as far as I could throw meatchelle oblahblah caboose!

PS: Just remember though, "They can do that"!!!

Amazing how this company makes decisions at corp level.
OKC/531 laid off 15 1st of DEC Mon 7 (seven) "WEST" runs with time critical freight COULD NOT RUN because NO DRIVERS.
Asked why we dont call laid off to run runs. Not my choice
Why do we have Terminal managers if corp makes all the decisions

Renscout said:
OKC/531 laid off 15 1st of DEC Mon 7 (seven) "WEST" runs with time critical freight COULD NOT RUN because NO DRIVERS.

Silly, we need the smaller managers to crunch a BS the numbers if they got rid of all the terminal managers then the corp level managers would truly see where all the money is going.

Yesterday night i got in froma run before midnight (309)chi , and the xboard was exhausted thats why im in a bit of a shock in this but i will find out soon.

The sky is not falling. Its that time of the year, things will pick up around early March. Thanks KK for the info.

I count 6 Line haul laid off, in San Bernadino Ca. (640)
I saw the layoff letters when I was checking the Warning letters.