Yellow | Linehaul Layoffs For 1/1/12?

The last 2 years at Yellow, before the merge, they would layoff drivers(l/h). The next day you would see them and they would be working because the extra board was exhausted. The layoffs would only last about 3 weeks usually.

For what it is worth, if anybody cares, just counted 17 pups and vans on the rail...Yellow/Roadway trailers. 12/31/2011

layoffs from the first week in DEC. until the end of Jan. have been the norm for over 40 years . Nothing new stop crying rookies.Freight has always been slow. but worst with the King B.O. plenty share the wealth in the white house ? when he's not on vac spending your tax dollars.Or flying around the world.

layoffs from the first week in DEC. until the end of Jan. have been the norm for over 40 years . Nothing new stop crying rookies.Freight has always been slow. but worst with the King B.O. plenty share the wealth in the white house ? when he's not on vac spending your tax dollars.Or flying around the world.
Well if you been around 40 years you should also realize every president flies around & takes vacations. Nothing new there either. Would have to disagree about when freight was the slowest that I remember was when Bush & co. went on live TV & said we need a blank check right now or the financial system will collapse. A little thing called the first bailout. The time period after 9-11 was very bad for freight levels too.

Does anyone know the layoff numbers for Columbus,OH. 857 & Cincinnati, OH. 241? Or if there are none ,would like to know either way. Thank you.

layoff's normal at this time last jan. didn't see a pick up in freight volume till jan. 23rd 2011 which was 46000,and stayed pretty busy through feb. 2011 . if it's like last year, layoff's should last to long...

Amazing just last week we had 7 (seven) west runs California runs we could not run (out of drivers)this week laid off more drivers.
Thanks Mr Welch for providing the excellent service you said we would get when you took over.

Amazing just last week we had 7 (seven) west runs California runs we could not run (out of drivers)this week laid off more drivers.
Thanks Mr Welch for providing the excellent service you said we would get when you took over.

Dangit Man. The Boss was trying to keep those trailers under the Radar, make his numbers look good. You just spilled the beans. :hissyfit:

12 years of service and layed off since the day of the merger,Thats not normal. Id say Im done with. Good ole 859 line haul gotta love them.

I just posted this same response on another thread but I figured I would double down. 205 has a total of 24 men laid off out of a 95 man road board. Thats damn near 25 % of the total work force! Does anyplace else have that high of a percentage of layoffs?