FedEx Freight | Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Kenworth T660

roogie

TB Veteran
Credits
Spy shots of R14159, a single screw Kenworth T660 with dual LNG tanks. One of two currently just arrived into Dallas (DAL - Irving, TX) customer center.

roog

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

Wouldn't that be far more explosive than the standard Diesel??? What would the advantages of this new fuel be, Im assuming fuel cost but I question the safety of it.

Spy shots of R14159, a single screw Kenworth T660 with dual LNG tanks. One of two currently just arrived into Dallas (DAL - Irving, TX) customer center.

roog

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

Yep within 5 years all of fedex is going green

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

I think this really cool. The use of of LNG is a great thing. No DEF needed which you know in ten years they're going to find something bad about DEF as we're all walking around with a third arm growing from our heads. I can't wait to drive one.

The best part of this is that the U S has plenty of our OWN cng that doesn't have to be imported from people that hate us.

I think this really cool. The use of of LNG is a great thing. No DEF needed which you know in ten years they're going to find something bad about DEF as we're all walking around with a third arm growing from our heads. I can't wait to drive one.
Considering the position in which you fill the DEF tank, I'm surprised you won't get a third weiner..:LMAO:

Short of being broadsided by a train at 60 mph, and even then I doubt that would do, that tank would not rupture. My father ran propane motor fuel for years never a problem ever after being hit in the side when he ran a light. direct hit on the tank by a 1977 Impala and not even a dent. The tank on that truck looks to be 100-125 gallons each, cost of fuel is about $2.00 a gallon cheaper with about the same MPG. Could run the oil changes out to about 50-60,000 miles. I see a couple companys in the CHI/MKE area running them with good results according to their drivers and almost all of BFI's trash trucks are LNG. Look forward to running one someday.

It is a supply/demand issue at this point. There is a glut of natural gas on the market right now, depressing the prices and the NG producers aren't happy.

So at some point the price will increase to the level of gasoline. With gasoline you can only run it in vehicles, NG it can be used in homes as well.

It would be nice to see the specs on these such as torque. I wonder if it will be a city kitty or a linehaul tractor. Looks really nice though. :)

The torque specks are close to the same, the wonder of computer controlled engines. The terminals that get these trucks will have to have a LNG fueling station near by. That why I'm going to volunteer to drive one because we have a LNG station a block from the yard. Although with those tanks it will take a good 30-45 minutes to fuel the truck. Only time will tell how they work out on road runs. Pilot truck stops is going to be installing LNG pumps at some of their locations in the next few months from what I've heard.

roogie, as always, tip o' the hat to you for the photo's. Quick question, the first KW T680 was R13160. The Kw in this photo is R14159. What are the trucks in between, and better yet, where are they? We're not seeing them in the peoples republik of Kalifornia, so we're just curious out here....

ST, big fan of your lens work....

roogie, as always, tip o' the hat to you for the photo's. Quick question, the first KW T680 was R13160. The Kw in this photo is R14159. What are the trucks in between, and better yet, where are they? We're not seeing them in the peoples republik of Kalifornia, so we're just curious out here....

ST, big fan of your lens work....

We got the 1 new truck we were scheduled to get. R135xx it is the narrow cab model. Nobody wants to drive it in the city. The thing looks huge next to a Volvo. I'm just glad it's not mine!!