FedEx Freight | lost 401k match, bonuses, paycuts

I don't recall ever signing a contract with the company when they hired me. Where is it written that any company has to pay x amount of dollars to a worker? Not here at least. I don't remember reading or signing anything that said I was entitled to a certain amount of pay and that it was owed to me. And what's this "Giveback" garbage? I perform work for them, then I get paid what they want to pay me. If I don't like it, I go elsewhere. Pay cut is the only word suitable.
You work first, then you get paid. "Giveback"..make me puke!...sounds like an entitlement mentality...or at the least another catchy union word. Quit your crying, quit being the reliable old belly-aching worker, bringing everybody else into your misery! Either shut your trap, do the work, and be happy in life with what you get, or take a hike! There's more positive, happily content people in this company than there are your type. Believe me, everybody knows who you are, they can't wait to get away from you as you cry and complain to them...nobody wants to listen pal! (you'd do better to hang out at a truck stop fuel desk and pissandmoan there) and if you took a second to think about the others around you and how much your negativity radiates and affects others, you might just change your attitude. Yeah, right! I wish this company would change the hire and fire policy. Jettison the known clocksuckers......the ones who think that chewing the customers/ fellow drivers ears off is the most important thing a city driver does. And I won't even get into the losers that air the supposed dirty laundry to customers/drivers...gossiping trolls! They need to rid us of these bottom dwellers. What a way to live your life.....complain complain complain...whine whine whine.
I'm here for the long haul, and will ride out anything that comes along. Great job, I'm treated fairly. I bust my tail, I get paid good in response.
The rest of you losers get lost:butt kiss:

You have to think of all the GOOD people that are getting the screw. They work hard, and the bottom feeders still have a job. How about when they lay off they do it by performance, not seniority. They can do it, if they wanted to run a good business. They do everything else they want to , whether we like or not, right?:nutkick:

Quit your crying, quit being the reliable old belly-aching worker, bringing everybody else into your misery! Either shut your trap, do the work, and be happy in life with what you get, or take a hike! There's more positive, happily content people in this company than there are your type. Believe me, everybody knows who you are, they can't wait to get away from you as you cry and complain to them...nobody wants to listen pal! (you'd do better to hang out at a truck stop fuel desk and pissandmoan there) and if you took a second to think about the others around you and how much your negativity radiates and affects others, you might just change your attitude. Yeah, right! I wish this company would change the hire and fire policy. Jettison the known clocksuckers......the ones who think that chewing the customers/ fellow drivers ears off is the most important thing a city driver does. And I won't even get into the losers that air the supposed dirty laundry to customers/drivers...gossiping trolls! They need to rid us of these bottom dwellers. What a way to live your life.....complain complain complain...whine whine whine.
I'm here for the long haul, and will ride out anything that comes along. Great job, I'm treated fairly. I bust my tail, I get paid good in response.
The rest of you losers get lost:butt kiss:

The irony of your post is really telling... extensive gripe session, complaining about people who COMPLAIN!

In your post, you yourself attempt to tell the company what they should do, and how they should rid us of these "bottom dwellers, gossiping trolls" etc.

You sir might be better served by taking your own advice quoted from yor very own words...
"think about the others around you and how much your negativity radiates and affects others."

Can you see the hypocrisy?

Forgot to mention no pay increases for Salary for '09

Before I hear a bunch of BS from some of you about how management deserves this... remember, the majority of the red shirts that you see... make less than you do!

Well I for one would never say you deserve a pay cut. As far as I know the only ones you would deserve a pay cut would be Fred and a few below him. Most of mgt work for a living just like us, they have families, bills just like we do. I feel for them. Do i think it is fair? NO!! Fred could for go a paycheck for a year and wouldn't miss it. But this is for the most part his company and he should be paid. But the ones who suffer are always the ones who can least afford it. Good luck to all. And Merry Christmas.

That will be the one of the last measures.. by making the cuts with us on salary, raise and bonus... added with the other cost cuting measures we are taking with marketing and other projects.. We have made a huge step in our ability to come out on top when this is over.

With the lack of freight and tonnage, you guys are already taking your cut with the amount of hours that have been lost in the operation.
It as hard to swallow yesterday when I first found out.. but I have faith in the decision that this company has and is making.

Mark my word... when this is over... a major player in this industry will fall.. It may not be one of the top five.. but there will be those that will not make it.. We will make it.. and when we come up for ait.. there will be more freight than carriers to haul it.

I have stepped back and looked at everything that is going on.. I will have to say that I am grateful to be working right now.. I dont have to like what has happened.. but it happened. I stated long ago that it would get alot worse before it got better.. I knew that.. and I also know that in the long run.. it will get better again, and it will all be history and threads on the boards.

Hope all of you have a merry Christmas.. and safe new years..

The hourly gets to work less hours for their paycut, we get to work the same amount of hours as we are currently for less money with our paycut.

I don't mind the paycut so much if it means people keep their jobs, Doesn't mean I like it but it chaps me more about some of the other needless things that money is continuing to be spent on that I don't like. I won't elaborate more than that. In the grand scheme of things they may be minimal cost and not really affect the overall situation but when you are laying people off, cutting hours, cutting 401K match, and cutting pay in doesn't sit well.

The irony of your post is really telling... extensive gripe session, complaining about people who COMPLAIN!

In your post, you yourself attempt to tell the company what they should do, and how they should rid us of these "bottom dwellers, gossiping trolls" etc.

You sir might be better served by taking your own advice quoted from yor very own words...
"think about the others around you and how much your negativity radiates and affects others."

Can you see the hypocrisy?

Nope...your seeing what you want to see. There are those who complain, and those who get sick of hearing it...listening to it. Every stinking day. And I mean every stinking day! That's where I'm coming from. They have no clue.That's obviously something which a lot of these guys don't understand. They just don't get it. They are barking up the wrong tree. Every day. Same drivers, and it appears the same posters here. There are a lot of us that are sick of this garbage. We have to sit in meetings, wait in the drivers room....play nice with each other and listen to the BS...wasting others time...everyday. Do something with it constructive for once!
Tell me.....Whose complaining is the worse? Whose and/or what complaining has negative impact? Those people I'm talking about? Or my so called complaining about complainers? (which you're so eager to point out...which is very defensive I'd say...and very telling) One thing the guys I'm talking about don't comprehend is that they are affecting others in a negative way. BIG TIME.
You don't think so? Yikes, but as we know, word gets around and everybody knows whos who and everyone develops a reputation. Deny this fact at your own peril.
Keep doing what ever it is you do. If your not one of them, good for you. By the looks of the views/posts on our area of this forum, there are a lot of employees visiting. There's more than one perspective here...and we've seen an out of balance perspective. That's fine, no ones denying your right to *****andmoan.......*****andmoan all you want. I have a right to *****andmoan about it too. It's all too clear, you and others don't like to see a valid opposing opinion. :popcorn:
10-4!

NO MATTER WHAT FEDEX TELLS YOU DON'T LET THEM SHOVE THE BE THANKFULL YOU HAVE A JOB BS DOWN YOUR THROAT!!!Is the company hurting?? i'm sure it is.Lets not let them take advantage of this poor economy and strip us of everything we deserve using the current state of the economy as an excuse.

Your just mad because the Panthers are about to whoop up on your Giants at home.. we all know the deal!!

Long time no griping JJ... Momma and the babies doing ok?

Merry Christmas to you guys!

p.s. I'm thankful that you have a job... I see you are still here! haha

We are all making sacrifices...Don't mistake my lack of tears for Redshirts as me being clueless to the situation... It's just hard to care about your neighbors problems when your own house is on fire - Keep The Faith Boys:nutkick:

I have been around a long time and am aware that they are just waiting for the right time to take the %5 or 10% away from us also.

I agree 100%!!! I'll bet my last dollar we will never see the 401k match again. Once corporate puts that back in their pocket they will never give it back.

Doesn't the company's match amount to a tax break for the company? Seems I read that somewhere but not for sure where. The amount they invest in the 401 (k) is like the money that we put in ourselves and we only pay taxes on a certain amount less than what we put into the 401 (k). Does that make sense to anyone or am I dreaming again due to lack of sleep?

I was told today that our quarterly incentive checks are still coming. They were not cut. Yet

Everyone at FXF Lou were told Friday that we met or exceeded our goals for time, damages and safety-HOWEVER, since the companies operating ratio was not in balance- NO one at Fed Ex would be receiving an incentive bonus for this quarter. How is it that some centers as posted here are receiving and some are not?
Thurs., we were informed of the 401K matching cut to be implemented and stay in effect until at least 2010. Friday at preshift it was for the loss of the quarterly incentive and before we could leave we were given letters to inform us to use our Safety Awareness Program points, or loose them- another program which is "biting the dust"!
Truthfully, I am for the company and agree with the stance to do what is necessary to help us all through these rough times. My gripe is that the timing is not the best ever (Christmas) and that what you expect to happen is totally opposite of what will happen. They tell us what they want us to know (or should I say what they want us to hear)! I'm afraid this is just the beginning!! --:chairshot:So can someone clarify co. seniorty/ job classifcation for layoffs- I see it coming!!!

Everyone at FXF Lou were told Friday that we met or exceeded our goals for time, damages and safety-HOWEVER, since the companies operating ratio was not in balance- NO one at Fed Ex would be receiving an incentive bonus for this quarter. How is it that some centers as posted here are receiving and some are not?
Thurs., we were informed of the 401K matching cut to be implemented and stay in effect until at least 2010. Friday at preshift it was for the loss of the quarterly incentive and before we could leave we were given letters to inform us to use our Safety Awareness Program points, or loose them- another program which is "biting the dust"!
Truthfully, I am for the company and agree with the stance to do what is necessary to help us all through these rough times. My gripe is that the timing is not the best ever (Christmas) and that what you expect to happen is totally opposite of what will happen. They tell us what they want us to know (or should I say what they want us to hear)! I'm afraid this is just the beginning!! --:chairshot:So can someone clarify co. seniorty/ job classifcation for layoffs- I see it coming!!!
they way it worked at our center, they cut by job classification, but if you had more company seniority, they cut by least senior in the company within that classification.

Someone tell me if this is correct. Our scm said recently that he may have to lay off more road soon (15%) if told to do so by upper management. If I am low on the board seniority but have higher company seniority meaning that I was hired sooner, Does this mean that I would be OK? This is confusing how this works.

company senority by job classification: you should be ok

example: if they decide to cut 2 road drivers at your terminal:then the 2 road drivers
that have been with the company the least amount of time would be layed off, even
if they are "higher" on the road board than you