FedEx Freight | lost 401k match, bonuses, paycuts

i think we are all forgeting something. im a city driver been here a long time and i know that i make about $25000 a year less than the industy, plus pay for ins ,no retirement, etc.. this all in the name of security,weve b een getting ripped! and if theres one thing i know for a fact is what ever fed ex says the facts will be the exact oppisite.and these high paid exc. would let the whole place burn to the ground before they would take $1 less! we have made extreme proffits for years and a couple bad months and there all jumping ship

My bet is in your area other company's city drivers are not 25K under what you are making UNLESS you are low on the board and not working much and are comparing yourself to senior drivers on the other company's board. All have lost income in this industry, some have lost a percentage and some (like me) have lost 100% of their income.

Also, I am on COBRA from FXNL and, while you are paying some more for your insurance, I am paying around $1,100 a month for me, Lovely Wife and one child with medical and prescription only, no dental or vision care (another 250 or so per month). Cobra requirement is they cannot charge me more than 105% of FXNL cost of insurance so the family plan is in the neighborhood of 1250 - 1300 a month with me scheduled to pay 160 of that until my job was eliminated.

All salaried took 5% permanent reduction in salary and lost all bonuses (generally around another 12-13% at lower levels, higher percentage as you go up the ladder). I feel your pain but you must be aware you are not the only one experiencing it.

i think we are all forgeting something. im a city driver been here a long time and i know that i make about $25000 a year less than the industy, plus pay for ins ,no retirement, etc.. this all in the name of security,weve b een getting ripped! and if theres one thing i know for a fact is what ever fed ex says the facts will be the exact oppisite.and these high paid exc. would let the whole place burn to the ground before they would take $1 less! we have made extreme proffits for years and a couple bad months and there all jumping ship

They lie to you with a straight face and tell you that you are the best compensated in the industry. No red shirts should have taken a pay cut; they work long hours and put up with alot of ............. from the top down.

A thread for complaining

OK, here it is a thread right here so everyone can post any complaint anyone has. Man we have needed this for a while. Ok, start complaining.

They lie to you with a straight face and tell you that you are the best compensated in the industry. No red shirts should have taken a pay cut; they work long hours and put up with allot of ............. from the top down.

I agree 200% too !

Thank God.... for someone like you, who is thinking of others. Lets all remember those who lost their job have house payments and kids to feed also. I know The motto "Everyone sales" but it shoud be "everyone pray".

so we are in hard times right, so why in the heck is FedEx sponsoring a football game last night? They can't match our 401 , cost of living raise, ete. What BS :nutkick:. Fred wake the heck up

so we are in hard times right, so why in the heck is FedEx sponsoring a football game last night?

So how long ago do you think the paperwork was signed committing FedEx to a college bowl sponsorship? How much would it "help" an already bad business situation to pull sponsorship?

And before folks get in a wad about being a company plant I was one of those whose job was eliminated Nov 7.