FedEx Freight | Louisville results

How is it worse?

From the voting numbers it looks as of a few spoke for many. That dosent mean that those of us who have invested our entire adult life in this profession (25+ years) and have seen many companies die as a result of unions and their relentless pressure for more, more, more are interested in their representation.
The unions weren't the reasons the companies died. You say 25 years you've been in the business, that would be close to 1989. Most of the union companies closed before then, shortly after deregulation. The only 2 that I remember closing after that were CF and Nations Way, and in my opinion neither were because of the union. I've seen a lot more non-union companies close up during that time span. I got started in 1974 and retired in 2008, being a third generation retired Teamster. The Unions haven't put pressure on anyone in the last 20 years and it shows.

The unions weren't the reasons the companies died. You say 25 years you've been in the business, that would be close to 1989. Most of the union companies closed before then, shortly after deregulation. The only 2 that I remember closing after that were CF and Nations Way, and in my opinion neither were because of the union. I've seen a lot more non-union companies close up during that time span. I got started in 1974 and retired in 2008, being a third generation retired Teamster. The Unions haven't put pressure on anyone in the last 20 years and it shows.
It's never the unions fault, it's always bad management I guess, right? I'm sure it had nothing to do with the high labor cost that was demanded by the unions that put the strain on those company's bottom lines?

Then you can look in the mirror every day and thank your lucky stars that there were men willing to fight for everything you have and your family enjoys.
No need to look in the mirror, I shake the hands and say thx to anyone I see that has served, including my family members!

It's never the unions fault, it's always bad management I guess, right? I'm sure it had nothing to do with the high labor cost that was demanded by the unions that put the strain on those company's bottom lines?
What was the reason the non-union companies closed up? I know many former CF drivers that will tell you it was bad management, most can't believe they lasted as long as they did.

If you saw the discounting that was prevalent back in those times you would understand that it was indeed "bad management."

What was the reason the non-union companies closed up? I know many former CF drivers that will tell you it was bad management, most can't believe they lasted as long as they did.
You've been in the business long enough, you know trucking is a cut throat business, only the strong survive...union or not.
Guess that's why they started Con-Way, to get away from the union?

You will find the same everywhere you go. The something for nothing mentality just doesn't fly.
Sure it does, thx to the Dictator himself (Obama) we have more people on food stamps than any other President in history! This country is full of people who rely on "something for nothing" everyday!

You will find the same everywhere you go. The something for nothing mentality just doesn't fly.
Sure it does, thx to the Dictator himself (Obama) we have more people on food stamps than any other President in history! This country is full of people who rely on "something for nothing" everyday!

You've been in the business long enough, you know trucking is a cut throat business, only the strong survive...union or not.
Guess that's why they started Con-Way, to get away from the union?
That's exactly why they started Con Way. Do you know CF paid all of Con Ways bills for a long time. Con Way never would of had a chance of making it with out CF. Company greed was all there was to it.

Well then you can be the welfare case for FedEx
Trucking is a cut throat business, if their labor cost were lower there would've been no need to discount.
they went too deep too fast. Had they been more frugal, the bottom feeders would have weeded themselves out.