Yellow | Love the winter weather...

Triplex

Experienced stalker
PREMIUM
Credits
Oh do I wish Maislin was back in operation. Nothing like running from Buffalo to Montreal via the Thruway to Syracuse then up I81 to Watertown and then across US11 to Champlain and on up to Montreal.

Central New York gets pounded by lake-effect storm
Posted: Jan 06, 2015 8:17 AM EST Updated: Jan 06, 2015 8:19 AM EST

OSWEGO, N.Y. (AP) - A persistent lake-effect snowstorm has battered parts of central New York and more is on the way.

The National Weather Service predicted up to two feet of snow in areas of Oswego County and the Tug Hill Plateau east of Lake Ontario during the most persistent bands of lake effect.

The intense snow was hitting northern Onondaga and Madison counties and central Oneida County, including Sylvan Beach on Oneida Lake.

The weather service also has issued a lake-effect snow watch for Jefferson County from Tuesday night through Wednesday morning. More than 20 inches of new snow could fall on Watertown, and temperatures are expected to reach lows of minus-7 degrees by Wednesday.

61° in Jemez Springs, N.M.
CatMesa.jpg

Last edited:
Milwaukee Going down to -10 tonight and tomorrow night. Wind chill around -30.

-12 F at Stanstead, PQ a while back while hooking my set at 3am and having a die cast glad hand snap right off my lead when hooking the hoses. Fun times in the cold.

For the most part. ..this has been a good winter. ...not much lake effect snow so far. ..starting to get it now. .. lake Erie last time I checked was 38 degrees. ..good for making lake effect snow. ..

So I consider myself lucky this winter. ..
could be worse

-12 F at Stanstead, PQ a while back while hooking my set at 3am and having a die cast glad hand snap right off my lead when hooking the hoses. Fun times in the cold.
We had approx 75 tractors that wouldnt start yesterday. Got about 1/4 of them going today. Over a day behind now.

This one started right up one night at -8. Happy about that for sure.

2iB1UTi.jpg
We had a fuel problem. Everyone was gelled up. Some got going but could never get over 1500 rpm. Also had major problems with the fifth wheels that have the in cab release. Out of about 110 peddle loads, maybe 20 got out of the yard.

We had a fuel problem. Everyone was gelled up. Some got going but could never get over 1500 rpm. Also had major problems with the fifth wheels that have the in cab release. Out of about 110 peddle loads, maybe 20 got out of the yard.

Extra cold weather sure has its own set of problems, that's for sure.

Rub it in why don't ya! :smile new:
I grew up and worked in the suburbs of Detroit for thirty years. After I got out of the USMC in 1973, I went home and drove a truck for an airfreight forwarder for eight years. I remember working the dock one night with a windchill of -35• . After many road trips out west, in 1981 I said goodbye to the land of six months of winter and moved to New Mexico.

I grew up and worked in the suburbs of Detroit for thirty years. After I got out of the USMC in 1973, I went home and drove a truck for an airfreight forwarder for eight years. I remember working the dock one night with a windchill of -35• . After many road trips out west, in 1981 I said goodbye to the land of six months of winter and moved to New Mexico.
YEP, sounds good, If I was from south of the border, I would be moving up there to be your warm and fussy neighbor brother. :1sm364jumpbed:

This one started right up one night at -8. Happy about that for sure.

Where are all the toenails and cigarette butts and disposable dental floss picks and ashes and snotrags and used chewing tobacco wads? No way this is a YRC dashboard.............

2iB1UTi.jpg

YEP, sounds good, If I was from south of the border, I would be moving up there to be your warm and fussy neighbor brother. :1sm364jumpbed:
Our President, is spending our tax dollars, to help illegal immigrants establish themselves in our country.

Last edited: