ODFL | Lunch breaks

Haven't been told to take lunch unless we are getting close to 12 hr day. I don't take a lunch anymore now that the 30 min don't come out automatically no need to I'd rather get home 30 min earlier.

You are suppose to take lunch.Sorry,get so sick of driver's saying.Well,I don't have time to take lunch..Yes,you make time&you tell your dispatcher that you are going to lunch.."End Of Story"
Only suppose to if you work 12 or more hours. Unless of course you are outside of 100 mile air radius. I have no desire to take lunch personally rather do what I got to get done and go home.

With the new e logs and HOS rules you will have to take lunch b4 8 hrs is up.
All depends on state you are in. Every state is different.Just remember that the time you show on handheld is what is deducted.OD is leaving it up to you.So its all on you.To the ones who say they work thru lunch.You better be honest in what you are doing.Again,I have been around long enough to say there is no excuse for not stopping&taking your lunch&breaks .

All depends on state you are in. Every state is different.Just remember that the time you show on handheld is what is deducted.OD is leaving it up to you.So its all on you.To the ones who say they work thru lunch.You better be honest in what you are doing.Again,I have been around long enough to say there is no excuse for not stopping&taking your lunch&breaks .
Right. Where I am we don't need a 30 min break unless we work 12 or more hours as long as you are within 100 mile air radius of your terminal. Our TM told us we only need to take if we work 12 or more. But of course we are still entitled to one. I use to take it everyday when it came out automatically but now that he has said we don't need to. I have no desire to take one any more

Right. Where I am we don't need a 30 min break unless we work 12 or more hours as long as you are within 100 mile air radius of your terminal. Our TM told us we only need to take if we work 12 or more. But of course we are still entitled to one. I use to take it everyday when it came out automatically but now that he has said we don't need to. I have no desire to take one any more
Yes,that is a federal law.Again it all depends on state&term labor rules.The big lawsuit in California they paid has brought this on&the city exemption is not permanent & can change at anytime.OD is ready&has software in place to change with rules.

I don't get it but then again I do ..Why don't everyone just stop and take lunch ????? I hear guys all the time saying I don't have time to take lunch ..I don't believe that they go all day and not eat ..I think some just want to get paid for it or stop and get something to eat and eat on the run ..Hey its all up to you its your CDL not mine your JOB at OD not mine .When something happens its on you not me...I have been here longer than I think than most of you on here and I take my lunch everyday.. so just stop and take your lunch and Be Safe that's all .

I don't get it but then again I do ..Why don't everyone just stop and take lunch ????? I hear guys all the time saying I don't have time to take lunch ..I don't believe that they go all day and not eat ..I think some just want to get paid for it or stop and get something to eat and eat on the run ..Hey its all up to you its your CDL not mine your JOB at OD not mine .When something happens its on you not me...I have been here longer than I think than most of you on here and I take my lunch everyday.. so just stop and take your lunch and Be Safe that's all .

Exactly. If you don't have time to stop for a lunch you're letting your dispatcher push you around.

Exactly. If you don't have time to stop for a lunch you're letting your dispatcher push you around.
I have plenty of time to stop for lunch everyone should or at least find the time if they want it. I just choose to go home earlier than to sit for 30 min longer in a truck. Now if the law or company says I have to I will be more than happy to

I have plenty of time to stop for lunch everyone should or at least find the time if they want it. I just choose to go home earlier than to sit for 30 min longer in a truck. Now if the law or company says I have to I will be more than happy to

Well I hope that's how that works out for you, but in my experience in the city if I didn't take a lunch it didn't mean I was getting home 30 minutes earlier... I was just going to have to do something else in those 30 minutes and still get off at the same time. LOL

Amen there Driver..

One thing I've found in common with anyone giving up their lunch breaks is that they're usually fairly new to this place and are afraid dispatch might not give them the route they want or retaliate if they don't run themselves into the ground daily.

The dispatchers at this place don't care about you, take your break and relax. Your job, your truck, your route and all its crappy stops will still be there for you the next day.