ODFL | Lunch breaks

One thing I've found in common with anyone giving up their lunch breaks is that they're usually fairly new to this place and are afraid dispatch might not give them the route they want or retaliate if they don't run themselves into the ground daily.

The dispatchers at this place don't care about you, take your break and relax. Your job, your truck, your route and all its crappy stops will still be there for you the next day.
Amen,Take a lunch&breaks.There are there for a reason.Use them

Last edited:
Yes,that is a federal law.Again it all depends on state&term labor rules.The big lawsuit in California they paid has brought q@this on&the city exemption is not permanent & can change at anytime.OD is ready&has software in place to change with rules.
I think your dead on there. The new laws are going to effect the way we do business. I would Guess that after the money they paid in California, mandated lunch break will creep into the culture at OD. FMCSA will also play a role in this. All it will take is for a driver to run someone over and somehow him not taking a half hour rest break will be the cause.