Yellow | Management monitoring T.B.!!!!

You have the right to freedom of speech anywhere at anytime in the United States, with the following exceptions.
There are exceptions to the general protection of speech, however, including the Miller test for obscenity, child p*rn laws, and regulation of commercial speech such as advertising. Other limitations on free speech often balance rights to free speech and other rights, such as property rights for authors and inventors (copyright), interests in fair political campaigns (Campaign finance laws), protection from imminent or potential violence against particular persons (restrictions on Hate speech or fighting words), or the use of untruths to harm others (slander).
The use of untruths to harm others could also include yelling bomb or fire in situations where they don't exist, leading to panic and unrest. It doesn't say anything about these rights being nonexistant in the workplace. As I mentioned before, I had a situation where my former TM told me to keep my thoughts and words to myself, basically stifling my rights. My steward then got involved and informed the TM of his violation of my rights to Freedom of Speech. I was then called back into the office where the situation was rectified. Looking back at that situation now, I feel as though I should have followed up on those charges, but things ended working out for the best anyway, since he (TM) is no longer at my terminal.

YouTube - Quiet Riot - Bang Your Head (Metal Health)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs37NSLy3z4&feature=related

and this is completely off subject but angtastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt7jeKVW__M

and in closing thank you TB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doHoE156RAo&feature=user

This is an awesome- thing the ability to pick each others brains,exchange info freely--the right to express our issues with the companies. Ask the ACLU if your employer has any right to confront you at work about these boards---- then ask the boss if he is investigating your private life . An actionable issue. MCARTHYISM alive at YRC ?

To me...........this forum allows workers from different terminals and different companies to share information on "what's going on".

Since I've been around here, someone from RDWY management has always monitored the boards. Some even post and help answer questions.

I do have a problem with your supervisor confronting you over your post. According to your post, supervision made a decision that is against the contract. You have the grievance process to deal with it.

It also gives everyone else a "heads up", to watch for it happening at their terminal. DS.

Amen to that, alot of the management can learn alot from the input on these boards but don't have the gonads to let it known from where they got the ideas from. They will try like hell to decipher the individuals on these boards instead of giving their reasoning.

I was always told the way you ask for something is the way you will recieve it.

Your Kiddding?

I know I am getting into this a little late, but I for one am glad to see managment on here, however a TM that has a problem with a post like the one in pennys from heaven is very insecure in his job, :hide: and the stewards and BA that said it was a bad idea to post on here are weak. I am no hero. But, I for one will not let anyone control my speech as long I am being honest and not hateful. Your post was a legitimate post and a valid concern not only to yourself, but to others. Keep posting and using TB, As it not only helps us become better Teamsters and Employees; it can helps managment understand the problems in the system that they maybe able to help with. :1036316054:

Have a great Day and GOD BLESS!
:USA:​

Knowlege is power. The more knowledge the more power you have. Sharing info on messages boards gives us more knowledge thus more power. So it is no wonder managemant and union don't like message boards. No more pulling the wool over our eyes by saying no one else does that.