Yellow | Maybe it's about time we should think about a professional image ?

Maybe it's about time we should think about a professional image ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't owe roadway anything. I work to live! I don't live to work! Too many times I,ve seen what happens to teamsters who think they can really make a difference in this company. They chew you up and spit you out. I,ve seen how this company treats an injured worker. I,ve seen the treachery and deciet. So, you go right ahead and wear whatever you want. But, please try not to involve everyone else.

Maybe it's about time we should think about a professional image ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't owe roadway anything. I work to live! I don't live to work! Too many times I,ve seen what happens to teamsters who think they can really make a difference in this company. They chew you up and spit you out. I,ve seen how this company treats an injured worker. I,ve seen the treachery and deciet. So, you go right ahead and wear whatever you want. But, please try not to involve everyone else.

Couldn't have said it better myself, brother.

I'm gonna ask this in all seriousness, because I would really like to know...This is not meant to offend, or illicit a nasty reaction, because I understand the level of pride you take in your union affiliation...Would you wear a uniform if they allowed a Teamster's patch to be put on one of the sleeves..?? As long as it were a uniform patch, one selected by the Teamsters...??

Would you wear a uniform if they allowed a Teamster's patch to be put on one of the sleeves..?? As long as it were a uniform patch, one selected by the Teamsters...??
Hey Boxboss........per our contract, we already do.

The RDWY uniform has the Teamster logo right beside of each other and I think Yellow does too. I'm not sure about ABF, New Penn or the other NMFA members. Someone here can help me out with the others.

I really think the type of shirts that RDWY has decided to use has a lot to do with drivers decision not to wear one. Just looking at them makes me itch!! DS.

Hey Boxboss........per our contract, we already do.

The RDWY uniform has the Teamster logo right beside of each other and I think Yellow does too. I'm not sure about ABF, New Penn or the other NMFA members. Someone here can help me out with the others.

I really think the type of shirts that RDWY has decided to use has a lot to do with drivers decision not to wear one. Just looking at them makes me itch!! DS.
:1036316054: absolutely,, Those cheapp looking Cintas shirts I have seen make us look more like grease monkeys than a prideful group of freight handlers...

Hey Box Boss Dock Steward is 100% correct in his answer to you as I feel the same way.
I like the way Texas has their set up, a large cut of the state patch with the Teamster emblem across on it. It is nicely done not like those bright orange uni's yellow has like they just jumped over the wall (stop or I'll shoot):hysterical: Classy not trashy if they put something together that is comfortable work wear and stands out nicely and people would wear it.

When they pay for them I will wear them. Not until, and I want some input on style/material also before I get too cooperative. I really think putting the money into better customer service will do way more for freight levels than what I'm wearing tho. :shrug:

:1036316054: absolutely,, Those cheapp looking Cintas shirts I have seen make us look more like grease monkeys than a prideful group of freight handlers...

:hide: Ok guys, I peruse all of the forums. I am a Con-Way Freight driver. Stop reading NOW if that offends you !
This thread just hits home with me.
I was an owner operator for a major ( now defunct ) LTL Carrier for my beginning years of LTL.
My work clothes were Dickies work pants and shirt, and I had a different color combo for each of the 5 days I worked.
I looked good!
Truthfully, I wore them to keep my Levis and my pocket t-shirts nice.
I have been at Con-Way for over 20 years, and am getting used to wearing the ZOOT suit!
The nice thing about a Company uniform is, your personal clothes do not get messed up.
The not so nice thing about Company uniforms is, every duck looks the same.
Now to my point!..
In the area I run, in the city operation, their is a Big R driver that out does himself with the clothes he wears!
This guy always looks GOOD.
I think he has about a 60 day supply of different clothes.
He always looks good.
I, personally think uniforms are the way to go, although I don't like them.
Con-Way did away with our white shirts, and gave the supervisors white shirts. I think they were wrong. I will wear my table cloth until I retire!
Bottom Line: I hope and pray YRC does the right thing by you guys.
Keep the freight rolling, and the people working! :smilie_132:

I put on the company uniform for 15 years. I didn't mind since it kept my clothes from being ruined. But aboiut 8 months ago we had a little problem at our barn with the tm trying to fire a brother. He was off the clock, off the property, but had his uniform on and he stopped and got a six pack of beer on his way home. Boss threw that in for good measure in his charges. We were told that as long as you are in uniform (or have anything with roadway on it) you can be diciplened by the company up to and including termination as you are representing the company as long as you have their name on you since you are employed by them and known to the public as roadway. I told the tm roadway didnt own me like one of their trucks so i would no longer wear their logo if that was their position. I turned in all uniforms and no longer wear their hats, shirts, or saftey awards. You must protect yourself from their thinking they are god and that they rule your life.

Nothing new about that news. Typical RDWY TM behavior.

Disciplined for shopping..?? In uniform..?? that's a rubber band who's stretch has reached the limit...
6 pack..?? what about cigarettes..?? coffee..?? Holy cow, how far you wanna go..?? profilactics..?? eh, ghad..!!! condoms..?? next, we will be putting TMs in front of grocery stores waiting for you to come out...sorry, can't stop laughing...

My dad stopped at the same corner store the last 20 years of his career, in his UPS uniform, and bought the same 6 pack every night..creature of habit...nobody ever questioned him..

just give the orange hats to the casuals, make them wear it all the time so we know they can scan our damaged freight