FedEx Freight | Medical Insurance Carrier Change

More nonsense, if you ask me.
Notice the plans shown at the whyuhc.com/fedex site vs the plans actually offered at sign--up.

These seem to have been available (among what seems like 100 options), but we can't have 70 Broad????

TqbWWxn.jpg

THIS is what we are allowed to have, and the price for family coverage.
ZwTkc7R.jpg

Are you feeling the love, as we dive deep into double digit profit margins? Rhetorical question...

Seems like a twisted explanation. I guess as long as the rollover remains consistent, at the grandfathered amount - forever, then all is good.

He went on to say that when you use it, it’s gone. But, at least they aren’t actually stealing any. (This year)

For further amusement, look at last years enrollment package. (Available online)

The “70 Tiered plan in Indianapolis” was detailed there, AND - It was actually a better plan than the 70 Broad!

Tier 1 on the 70 plan was boosted to 80 percent coverage, with no deductible! All PCPs were considered tier 1, no 50/80/500 Copays!!! Of course it was well loved... This was a classic bait and switch, and they had the audacity to increase our premiums on this crap?

The $60 copay is just to get you through the door! You then pay the full bill! I’m assuming it would be cheaper to go to the doctor with no insurance.

This is coverage is offensive. Way to treat your “#Heros that work here”.

Last edited:
Does anybody know how much the copay is on the Cigna dental care access plus for basic restorative, major restorative and orthodontics? I can't find anything on Cigna or choosewell.

He went on to say that when you use it, it’s gone. But, at least they aren’t actually stealing any. (This year)

For further amusement, look at last years enrollment package. (Available online)

The “70 Tiered plan in Indianapolis” was detailed there, AND - It was actually a better plan than the 70 Broad!

Tier 1 on the 70 plan was boosted to 80 percent coverage, with no deductible! All PCPs were considered tier 1, no 50/80/500 Copays!!! Of course it was well loved... This was a classic bait and switch, and they had the audacity to increase our premiums on this crap?

The $60 copay is just to get you through the door! You then pay the full bill! I’m assuming it would be cheaper to go to the doctor with no insurance.

This is coverage is offensive. Way to treat your “#Heros that work here”.
I called yesterday and she said there is a tier 1 and a tier 2, depending which one your doctor was in is what you paid as a copayment. Im like you,why even have insurance at this point. For me to go 80 broad was a 70 dollar week increase. 280 a month. Thats a hell of a increase to basically have what you had with 70 broad.
Hows that raise working out now

I called yesterday and she said there is a tier 1 and a tier 2, depending which one your doctor was in is what you paid as a copayment. Im like you,why even have insurance at this point. For me to go 80 broad was a 70 dollar week increase. 280 a month. Thats a hell of a increase to basically have what you had with 70 broad.
Hows that raise working out now

-1.5 cents per mile after raise, that’s how!

And “tier 2” is anything “in network” that isn’t labeled “tier 1”.

My TM asked me how singing up for this new health plan was and I told him it was crap. He tried to tell me this new tiered plan was supposed to be cheaper for me when it came to care what a load. I have to find all new doctors for my family and have to drive 30-45 min just to see one now vs the 10 min drive I had. Granted my old doctor is still in network but not Tier 1. I went from having 30 doctors I could go to with my current plan down to 10 with this new one.

My TM asked me how singing up for this new health plan was and I told him it was crap. He tried to tell me this new tiered plan was supposed to be cheaper for me when it came to care what a load. I have to find all new doctors for my family and have to drive 30-45 min just to see one now vs the 10 min drive I had. Granted my old doctor is still in network but not Tier 1. I went from having 30 doctors I could go to with my current plan down to 10 with this new one.
Thats why I bit the bullet and did the 80broad. I would have had to drive 20 minutes just to use a pharmacy or a doctor then in an emergency situation you stand to be screwed cause the chances are you wouldn't see a tier 1 provider.

Thats why I bit the bullet and did the 80broad. I would have had to drive 20 minutes just to use a pharmacy or a doctor then in an emergency situation you stand to be screwed cause the chances are you wouldn't see a tier 1 provider.
So from what I'm reading 80 broad is basically what we had on the old plan with Anthem correct?

It’s upsetting to me that management is trying so hard to sell the 70 tiered to us.

They’re all regurgitating the lines that were fed them, but it isn’t the same - it doesn’t save US money. What it does is save FEDEX money.

An honest company would say, “We have gutted the 70 option, it’s now bad insurance. If you want decent coverage, you have to pay an additional $200/month for it”.

How effing hard is that? I would have respected them for taking that stance...

It’s upsetting to me that management is trying so hard to sell the 70 tiered to us.

They’re all regurgitating the lines that were fed them, but it isn’t the same - it doesn’t save US money. What it does is save FEDEX money.

An honest company would say, “We have gutted the 70 option, it’s now bad insurance. If you want decent coverage, you have to pay an additional $200/month for it”.

How effing hard is that? I would have respected them for taking that stance...
Give me a break that management is trying so hard to sell the 70 tier health insurance! You a grown ass man that has choices the company gives you, make a grown ass choice and figure it out! what else is management forcing you too? Management gives 2 ***** what you pick for health insurance and for you even to say that is sooo freaking unbelievable it shows what type of person you ARE NOT! Go find you own insurance on the outside w the same deductible, same out of pocket maximum,etc and see what numbers they give you! management is trying to sell me the 70 tier? lololololololololololol

Trucking companies with self-insured health plans...

https://www.ccjdigital.com/trucking...ter-2--position-2&oly_enc_id=7465J3009534E0B#

"The decline in elective procedures has paid off for another group — organizations that self-insure, or cover their employees’ health costs directly. These firms are socking away the money they would’ve spent on health care for other purposes, like keeping their businesses afloat as the recession drags on, or providing other benefits that help their employees adjust to our new work-from-home norm."

OR, doing none of the above, while reducing benefits AND increasing costs. Because they can...

Decent read - mostly/partly true - typical of journalism today. The theme of Companies saving a ton due to lack of insurance use (This Year) cannot be denied.

Give me a break that management is trying so hard to sell the 70 tier health insurance! You a grown ass man that has choices the company gives you, make a grown ass choice and figure it out! what else is management forcing you too? Management gives 2 :::shit:::s what you pick for health insurance and for you even to say that is sooo freaking unbelievable it shows what type of person you ARE NOT! Go find you own insurance on the outside w the same deductible, same out of pocket maximum,etc and see what numbers they give you! management is trying to sell me the 70 tier? lololololololololololol

I think you’re making assumptions - about my gender! XO

Give me a break that management is trying so hard to sell the 70 tier health insurance! You a grown ass man that has choices the company gives you, make a grown ass choice and figure it out! what else is management forcing you too? Management gives 2 :::shit:::s what you pick for health insurance and for you even to say that is sooo freaking unbelievable it shows what type of person you ARE NOT! Go find you own insurance on the outside w the same deductible, same out of pocket maximum,etc and see what numbers they give you! management is trying to sell me the 70 tier? lololololololololololol

^^ Clown

Starting to look through my options for 2021. I've glanced over this thread and have a question.

If 70 HRA is so bad now (non tier 1 $60 deductible and only 50% coverage), why are so many jumping to 80 HRA? It still looks equally as bad. Non tier 1 is a $60 copay and only 60% coverage. Both seem a lot worse than last years options.

Is anyone doing the HSA options? It seems the only difference is higher out of pocket maximums for the same coverage. Albeit with the HSA you can make contributions that can be invested to offset some medical costs.

The HSA option also shows that generic prescriptions arent covered until you reach a deductible. In the HRA plans, they are free or $7.

Can anyone help me out.

Last edited:
Actually I see now why people are jumping from the old 70 broad to 80 broad (not tiered).

My plan options are for UHC in the HRA scope are:

70 tiered
80 tiered
80 broad.

80 broad dosent require you to only use the tier 1 provider's so theres more peace of mind. 80 tiered and broad are same cost so who in their right mind would pick 80 tiered?

Also why do I not have an option to enroll in a 70 broad to avoid the tiered system? I'm not sure why my area would offer an 80 broad but not a 70 broad, only 70 tiered.it shows 70 narrow and broad as potential choices on the paperwork mailed to us but not on the registration options.

I'm still trying to figure this all out. Thanks.

Last edited: