TForce | Meeting in Indianapolis

hugnlug said:
You would never catch me in a office with a two or three on one. It is your right to have a witness in there with you regardless of union / non-union!! As far as one on one, bring it on. It there world against yours.
I called Richmond in my behalf as well as others. MY TM wouldn't let me speak about them or even want to talk to them. He told me to speak for only myself. He was very well trained but I held my own. They think that just because we drive trucks that we are stupid.

krash said:
The Union doesnt kill companies..........bad management does.
UPS has excelled and will continue to do so.You UPSFers are being given an opportunity at representation. Which will provide you with a contract, a guranteed yearly raise(instead of rumors of one), COLA, no cost insurance, COO rights, etc......
But youve been told this on this forum over and over. Hopefully there are more UPSFers like accelerator out there who realize these are all good things, and not a bunch of those who wouldnt know a good thing if it slapped them upside there head.

Thank you very much , I am in total agreement.

Browne1 said:
I for one do not like my TM. He tries to intimidate people and make them quit. I called Richmond one time to make a complaint about some of the things that were going on and the next day I was in the office by myself with three other supervisors. Under a union contract I would have had someone in there with me who could represent me in that uncomfortable situation. And as far as talking to them about concerns and violations, the managers at UPSF already know what they are doing is illegal. Once you let them know that you know what they are doing the try to blackball you or try to get you to quit. That is why I can't wait for them all to be gone.

Next time ask for a witness or shut up!!!! while you are in there alone . They cannot deny you.

hugnlug said:
You would never catch me in a office with a two or three on one. It is your right to have a witness in there with you regardless of union / non-union!! As far as one on one, bring it on. It there world against yours.

Where is it written that a non-Union employee is entitled to a witness?

In 2004 the NLRB reversed it's 2000 decision that non Union employees were entitled to Weingarten Rights the same as Union employees are. Just one more attack on working people 's rights and a victory for corporate America. I wonder how many Congressmen they had to buy to get this through. Read below..........

In June of 2004, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) overruled its decision in Epilepsy Foundation of Northeast Ohio, 331 NLRB 676 (2000) and held that employees not represented by a union are not entitled to the presence of a coworker during investigative meetings/interviews which the employee reasonably believes might result in disciplinary action. IBM Corp., 341 NLRB 148 (2004).

NLRB Changes Its Mind About Non-Union Weingarten Rights - Employment Law

Thanks Dude. That was the case I was thinking about when I threw that question out there.

Maybe the right to have a "witness" was written in the "policy book":grinning-smiley-021

Mike01 said:
Maybe the right to have a "witness" was written in the "policy book"
Maybe....but something tells me that the "policy book" wouldn't be the top priority for the bosses who were raking the employee over the coals.

stldude44 said:
Maybe....but something tells me that the "policy book" wouldn't be the top priority for the bosses who were raking the employee over the coals.
The "policy book" is a no win policy in any type of situation. As it states, UPSF retains the right to change anything at anytime with out reason or notice. UPSF retains the right to terminate an employee with out reason or with out notice.

BusterNite said:
The "policy book" is a no win policy in any type of situation. As it states, UPSF retains the right to change anything at anytime with out reason or notice. UPSF retains the right to terminate an employee with out reason or with out notice.
Buster,
Mike and I know that. We were more or less making a mockery of the 'policy book'.......it's been decided in courts that a plicy or handbook isn't binding as it pertains to protecting a non Union employee. Some time back Shifterknob posted the actual case showing that the Courts paid no attention to them. We all know what is binding.

BusterNite said:
It is because of this statement in the handbook that every employee of UPS Freight should be curious about signing a union card. That is BS. Could you imagine one of UPSs' customers giving them that same statement about paying bills, or doing any kind of business. UPS wouldn't have them as a customer. They have extremly detailed contracts with their customers but that is what we get, a RIGHT for them to fire us at will. I don't have the right to not pay my mortgage or other bills. We definitely need some kind of set guidelines that both UPSF and employees HAVE to follow.

Mike01 said:
Where is it written that a non-Union employee is entitled to a witness?

There is'nt .When I was dragged into the office by someone I did not trust, I asked for a fellow conspirator or this meeting was adjourned. I was never denied. 2 times that is. The complaining parties were not happy but we stood an even ground.

stldude44 said:
Buster,
Mike and I know that. We were more or less making a mockery of the 'policy book'.......it's been decided in courts that a plicy or handbook isn't binding as it pertains to protecting a non Union employee. Some time back Shifterknob posted the actual case showing that the Courts paid no attention to them. We all know what is binding.

And a mockery it is!!!!!. Unlike most I have an education to fall back on. (*For certain reason's that I do not feel inclined to mention here.) I am still truck driving. Not to say I dislike it, I find it rather fun.

Accelerator said:
There is'nt .When I was dragged into the office by someone I did not trust, I asked for a fellow conspirator or this meeting was adjourned. I was never denied. 2 times that is. The complaining parties were not happy but we stood an even ground.

Which was me and Dude's point, Accelerator. You have no right to a witness. Maybe you got away with it two times.

On the other hand, all the company had to do was fire you on the spot for failure to follow instructions. Case closed. You are out of a job.

the weingaten rules do certainly apply to a non union shop and it is another reason why you need to sign a card to get respect for yourself as an employee and some rights from a tryranical employer....

Mike01 said:
Which was me and Dude's point, Accelerator. You have no right to a witness. Maybe you got away with it two times.

On the other hand, all the company had to do was fire you on the spot for failure to follow instructions. Case closed. You are out of a job.
Ouch!!!! and so true.

Mike01 said:

I am not argueing the point, this is the reason for the yea vote on my behalf. And hopefully this vote will infact protect those who need it. I also realize I can be fired for nothing, but on the same note , "O" made the responsible decision's to not compromise someone's job if the argument was legitimate in nature.

So here we are @ UPSF and now the TM'S have control over whom to hire and fire, to some degree, and after seeing some in the hot seat , and some of the mgr's that have resided here through out that period of 8 year's, I am inclined to think that our future lively hood with them is very bleek. Most resemble a six gun shooter when it came to making decision's (alway,s from the hip) which is why my vote will be yeah........ The maturity of some in charge is as effecient in decision making, as a one legged man in an a$$kicking contest. So have no fear.

I am spreading the good word.:Banane01: :Banane01: