Yellow | Merger amd you

parrot

TB Lurker
Credits
well I thought I'd throw my two cents in here (yeah I know I dont post everyday with nonsense and rumors so I must not be very smart lol) But hers my thoughts after listening to Mr. Zollars twice YES twice CC home and bored

First:he makes no mention what so ever of DOVETAIL or ENDTAIL he states over and over agian that the NETWORKS will be combined into exsisting facillities

Second: the largest and most expensive part of both operatons is line haul

Third: He states over and over both brands will remain out there

so heres what I'm wondering:: put Yellow and Roadway together in the same terminals LET US SAY Indianapolis you have a yellow driver in Kokomo a shipper there has freight for them and yellow: roadway picks up both brings them back to IND where they can be ran down the dock by either "BRANDS" dock worker and loaded onto one of the new YRC trailers which can then be transported to another DC by either brands linehaul driver

IS THIS BETTER THAN DOVETAIL: no it stills stinks and it still means less drivers less dockworkers and ONE management team working under the YRC brand

Understand our Union would hve to agree with this :hysterical:

just my thoughts I'm worried but if you have less than 12 or 15 years you should worried and ticked

The combination of barns and boards will occur on a case by case base. Example: does YRC or if never combined; RDWY or YELLOW really need 20 terminals (make up your own large number) in Ohio (insert your own state) in this failed Bush economy? 20 light bills, 20 H2O bills, 20 property taxes etc......Believe, its a major and smart step in survival mode

The combination of barns and boards will occur on a case by case base. Example: does YRC or if never combined; RDWY or YELLOW really need 20 terminals (make up your own large number) in Ohio (insert your own state) in this failed Bush economy? 20 light bills, 20 H2O bills, 20 property taxes etc......Believe, its a major and smart step in survival mode

Oh I dont disagree its the right thing to do but my ramblings were just to show it can be done with both companies staying open and seperate brands we have all said in our barn that it only made sense

Lets face the truth

the fact that the sales team will be combined proves that the only reason why the brands are not combined................ANSWER--- there is no money to repaint all the equipment. FEDEX repainted, UPs Freight repainted. :duh:

parrot, if you listen again you will hear either Bill Z. or Mike S. state that there will be a change of operations in every case of terminals being merged. This implies a merger of operations and not just a side-by-side operation. It also shows that there is a certain amount of doublespeak going on, just as there has been for 5 years now. Go figure.

I must have missed something . Didn't the press release say that management and sales have and / or are merging ? I didn't read anything that said the union side of the company's are merging now . Although I beleive this is a big step closer , where is the language from the company that the union workers are merging in these latest announcements ?

I must have missed something . Didn't the press release say that management and sales have and / or are merging ? I didn't read anything that said the union side of the company's are merging now . Although I beleive this is a big step closer , where is the language from the company that the union workers are merging in these latest announcements ?

Brother....this says it all for me!......KK

http://www.teamsters.org/uploadedFiles/Industries/Freight/pdfs/FRE_YRC_Letter.pdf

Just start wondering what 200 terminals their talking about!

I can tell you for a fact, Mobile is one of them. I work for Roadway and there have already been contractors out looking at expanding our dock and remodeling the office area. Funny, the contractor said they could tear down and build new the office area, prob cheaper than it would be to remodel. :hide:

dovetail or endtail

dovetail or endtail ... isnt up to mike or bill or any management people
its spelled out in the nmfa and supplements ...however...interpretation by affected union officials is the part that must be closely watched
just MY 2 cents

The Teamsters do not have to agree with a merger we do not own Yellow or Roadway and an far as dovetailing or endtailing it is already spelled out in the NMFA. Come on people use some common sense.

If a person doesn't believe in the coming merger they don't have to. They can go happily along and wake up one day to reality of not having prepared for life without this job. YRC for whatever reason has warned us. They WILL do this. We have time to make our indidivual plans for whatever is coming. If we don't make plans, and end up without a job-- shame on us! Maybe life will be all lollypops and roses-- maybe it won't be. It's time to prepare.

Seniority Prevails!

If a person doesn't believe in the coming merger they don't have to. They can go happily along and wake up one day to reality of not having prepared for life without this job. YRC for whatever reason has warned us. They WILL do this. We have time to make our indidivual plans for whatever is coming. If we don't make plans, and end up without a job-- shame on us! Maybe life will be all lollypops and roses-- maybe it won't be. It's time to prepare.
Tyson J.'s phones have been ringing off the hook since the announcement! It will be up to him as chairman of the change of ops committee to determine how this thing plays out! Keep the heat on your local union leaders and make sure that they follow the NMFA and your supplements! Call the IBT and put your 2 cents in with the Freight Division! Let the IBT Freight Division, and your local union B.A.'s and officers know that we won't give up our seniority rights without a fight! There is NO "shared work" between operating companies as far as I'm concerned! Let's slap the companies together and let the chips fall! I want this thing to work for the sake of our jobs and out pension plans! FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!:chairshot:

well I thought I'd throw my two cents in here (yeah I know I dont post everyday with nonsense and rumors so I must not be very smart lol) But hers my thoughts after listening to Mr. Zollars twice YES twice CC home and bored

First:he makes no mention what so ever of DOVETAIL or ENDTAIL he states over and over agian that the NETWORKS will be combined into exsisting facillities

Second: the largest and most expensive part of both operatons is line haul

Third: He states over and over both brands will remain out there

so heres what I'm wondering:: put Yellow and Roadway together in the same terminals LET US SAY Indianapolis you have a yellow driver in Kokomo a shipper there has freight for them and yellow: roadway picks up both brings them back to IND where they can be ran down the dock by either "BRANDS" dock worker and loaded onto one of the new YRC trailers which can then be transported to another DC by either brands linehaul driver

IS THIS BETTER THAN DOVETAIL: no it stills stinks and it still means less drivers less dockworkers and ONE management team working under the YRC brand

Understand our Union would hve to agree with this :hysterical:

just my thoughts I'm worried but if you have less than 12 or 15 years you should worried and ticked

You may have listened twice, but you didn't listen. The company doesn't care how the workforce is distributed. It is all spelled out right in your contract. And he said that both brands would remain - Yellow/Roadway. In other words, it won't be called Yellow. And, as was already pointed out, there will be changes of operation at each location. That fact alone should tell you all you need to know. He said there will be 200 facilities to dispose of. This is going to be ONE company called YellowRoadway. Anybody who didn't think this would eventually happen wasn't being realistic. I always thought this would happen within five years, and it has been five years. And nobody should make any rash decisions until you see exactly how it will affect you when your terminal comes up for merger. There are a lot of logistics to be worked out, and there will be adjustments as time goes by. These people have been working on this for a long time and have a pretty good idea where it will all shake out, but there will be changes as need be. Like Zollars said, they are very accustomed to this so they know how to proceed, but they also know how to be flexible. I know a lot of you don't give them that much credit, but that is to your disadvantage. Because if you would be a little more realistic, maybe these major changes would be a little easier to take. Like one past CEO said, the only constant is change.

You may have listened twice, but you didn't listen. The company doesn't care how the workforce is distributed. It is all spelled out right in your contract. And he said that both brands would remain - Yellow/Roadway. In other words, it won't be called Yellow. And, as was already pointed out, there will be changes of operation at each location. That fact alone should tell you all you need to know. He said there will be 200 facilities to dispose of. This is going to be ONE company called YellowRoadway. Anybody who didn't think this would eventually happen wasn't being realistic. I always thought this would happen within five years, and it has been five years. And nobody should make any rash decisions until you see exactly how it will affect you when your terminal comes up for merger. There are a lot of logistics to be worked out, and there will be adjustments as time goes by. These people have been working on this for a long time and have a pretty good idea where it will all shake out, but there will be changes as need be. Like Zollars said, they are very accustomed to this so they know how to proceed, but they also know how to be flexible. I know a lot of you don't give them that much credit, but that is to your disadvantage. Because if you would be a little more realistic, maybe these major changes would be a little easier to take. Like one past CEO said, the only constant is change.
I generally agree with most of what you usually say, so don't take this wrong. I don't now and never have thought that they have planned on a big merger between the two of us. I hope I am wrong about this, and I will tell you why later. As far as a planned merge or not. Why would a corporation that plans to merge their two largest subsidiaries give them both new logos. We had the same logo since the beginning of time and just a few years ago they changed it to a shiny new one. Why would you go through the trouble and expense to do this if you planned on merging the two together in just a couple of years. Makes no sense to me.

Now, I hope I am wrong on this. If they had planned it all along, that at least shows some forethought about what and why they are going to do it. If I am right we are indeed in trouble. This would show more of a last ditch effort to save a sinking ship. To me the signs are pointing to a sinking ship. I am not and never have been a pessimist in life. I am definitely a "glass is half full" guy. I am a realist also and sometimes the signs don't point in the right direction. For me now, I'll just pray that the leaders of our great company make the right decisions in order to save it. If not, then I will be prepared for that also.

I generally agree with most of what you usually say, so don't take this wrong. I don't now and never have thought that they have planned on a big merger between the two of us. I hope I am wrong about this, and I will tell you why later. As far as a planned merge or not. Why would a corporation that plans to merge their two largest subsidiaries give them both new logos. We had the same logo since the beginning of time and just a few years ago they changed it to a shiny new one. Why would you go through the trouble and expense to do this if you planned on merging the two together in just a couple of years. Makes no sense to me.

Now, I hope I am wrong on this. If they had planned it all along, that at least shows some forethought about what and why they are going to do it. If I am right we are indeed in trouble. This would show more of a last ditch effort to save a sinking ship. To me the signs are pointing to a sinking ship. I am not and never have been a pessimist in life. I am definitely a "glass is half full" guy. I am a realist also and sometimes the signs don't point in the right direction. For me now, I'll just pray that the leaders of our great company make the right decisions in order to save it. If not, then I will be prepared for that also.

There would be no logical reason for these two companies to join if indeed they hadn't planned on becoming just one at some point down the road. But doing so wasn't something that they could accomplish overnight. Most importantly they had to move cautiously so as not to alienate their customers. That has been accomplished. Now they just have to go through the logistical process of merging facilities. As one of my former managers just informed someone very close to me, they have, indeed, been discussing this very matter of exactly how to merge these facilities every since Yellow bought Roadway. It would be financial ******* to keep these two companies separate and essentially competing against each other in perpetuity. You are seeing one of those reasons right this very minute as they are cutting out the duplication in management. And, as Zollars said, this is as good a time as any while business is slowed by the down economy. They will continue to save money as they eliminate overlapping terminals, or at least how they are utilized right now. Unfortunately, they will also save money by eliminating excessive union labor. Hopefully this will be at a minimum. As far as changing logos, Yellow has done that several times since I started in 1975. I don't put much stock in cosmetic things like this.