Yellow | Merger amd you

There would be no logical reason for these two companies to join if indeed they hadn't planned on becoming just one at some point down the road. But doing so wasn't something that they could accomplish overnight. Most importantly they had to move cautiously so as not to alienate their customers. That has been accomplished. Now they just have to go through the logistical process of merging facilities. As one of my former managers just informed someone very close to me, they have, indeed, been discussing this very matter of exactly how to merge these facilities every since Yellow bought Roadway. It would be financial ******* to keep these two companies separate and essentially competing against each other in perpetuity. You are seeing one of those reasons right this very minute as they are cutting out the duplication in management. And, as Zollars said, this is as good a time as any while business is slowed by the down economy. They will continue to save money as they eliminate overlapping terminals, or at least how they are utilized right now. Unfortunately, they will also save money by eliminating excessive union labor. Hopefully this will be at a minimum. As far as changing logos, Yellow has done that several times since I started in 1975. I don't put much stock in cosmetic things like this.
I work for roadway have 22 years in have seen plenty of crazy things done. But you are right we need to be together to survive.I just hope we can be grownups when we merge everything and work together to survive.