FedEx Freight | Merger with ground?

They have sign up sheets for volunteers to go work at the ground terminal Saturday & Sunday work at my barn. Was told it's dist wide.

Just facts... you all take it for what it's worth
Freight starts running for Ground on PEAK many years back
Ground Covers runs for Freight to eliminate PT
Working to get IT issues in sync for both companies to make it easier to collaborate / dispatch
Start using City and also Dock to help with Ground
Make pickups for Ground
Linehaul runs for Ground and vice versa to eliminate empties in both opcos network
Test relay runs during peak to see if timing works
Freight CEO moves to Ground

Working to get IT issues in sync for both companies to make it easier to collaborate / dispatch
Make pickups for Ground
Linehaul runs for Ground and vice versa to eliminate empties in both opcos network
your making my head hurt..........but it does make sense

Make pickups for Ground

Idk about your building, but the dock workers in mine don't like getting off the forklift...I don't think they'll want to do package handler work for ground. Unless they can pick up that chewy box with blades.

You all are blind to the facts. Its not about people first anymore its about what makes the stock price go up. Start asking questions before it hits the fan. I would also start questioning how change of ops are done and have them show the data and their work. It is not about the right thing anymore it is about oh I think this should be this and that should be that.... All along families are impacted it has to be taken on the chin because you can't question anything. If you are in a relay that is not apart of a hub.... you better start questioning things and be ready.

More to come but ask yourself are you looked at the same by someone from the corporate front. Are you truly valued... or are you just a number? When does profit or a small savings to the network become more than people that are the backbone of this company. Who drives the trucks... who is working the docks and who is the heartbeat of a freight company? I think that has been lost and people are just numbers anymore. So many changes heck you don't know what is right or left anymore and don't even try to question you will get a label on your back. More to come but I would say educate and ask questions.

You all are blind to the facts. Its not about people first anymore its about what makes the stock price go up. Start asking questions before it hits the fan. I would also start questioning how change of ops are done and have them show the data and their work. It is not about the right thing anymore it is about oh I think this should be this and that should be that.... All along families are impacted it has to be taken on the chin because you can't question anything. If you are in a relay that is not apart of a hub.... you better start questioning things and be ready.
I see what you're saying...but it is a very tall order... You are right... Hasn't been people first in a long time...
Lately it's what can make stock price go down it seems..
And I am not sure what questions can be asked... No one ever knows anything anyways...n

It hasn't been "people first" in forever, and you can ask all the questions on operations and data you want, but they're not going to answer if they're not ready to. Things like that stay hushed at corporate until they're ready to pull the trigger.

We've been hearing this merger is coming since all the opcos started rocking purple and orange. Then John Smith went to ground and he was definitely happening, but here we are. Everytime FedEx makes a change that means it's for sale or Amazon is buying FedEx.

Every rumor has already been spun out multiple times so excuse my reluctance to go along with a random Facebook post (posted on a different companies page no less) as pure fact.

Everything with ground is a conveyer system.
We just gonna throw the boxes on top of the pallets?