FedEx Freight | Merger with ground?

First I have ever heard of it.
I did find the article you referenced though.
A lot of vague visionary type ideas being thrown around for 2027
Nothing to doom and gloom over in 2022
I guess it's hard for me to be positive when I've been through too many COO's. Maybe they'll surprise me this time. I won't hold my breathe though.

That's why I'm against relying on one source for income. I don't trust any corporation to have my best interest in mind and if getting rid of me is best for business, they'll do it with no hesitation and no warning.

My attitude towards FedEx is take what I can get with as little investment on my part as possible.
Was not always this way.. once upon a time everyone was valued and appreciated. Those times are gone and the lack of respect anymore is a shame. I guess it is just the times we are in but I can assure you... You better look out for you and your family best interests because gone are the days where anyone outside your bubble cares. They will give you the song and dance but behind closed doors it is a different story. Very sad how so many great people have been impacted with a broke system. Whatever happened to truly valuing your people... Its all about profit and keeping stock up with a little crumbs passed down to the worker bees these days vs valuing your people over minimal profit gains. I can guarantee you those folks don't give a damn about how people are impacted on furloughs etc... as they are out racking up a huge bill on a "business trip"

Was not always this way.. once upon a time everyone was valued and appreciated. Those times are gone and the lack of respect anymore is a shame. I guess it is just the times we are in but I can assure you... You better look out for you and your family best interests because gone are the days where anyone outside your bubble cares. They will give you the song and dance but behind closed doors it is a different story. Very sad how so many great people have been impacted with a broke system. Whatever happened to truly valuing your people... Its all about profit and keeping stock up with a little crumbs passed down to the worker bees these days vs valuing your people over minimal profit gains. I can guarantee you those folks don't give a damn about how people are impacted on furloughs etc... as they are out racking up a huge bill on a "business trip"

Well said and this wasn't always my attitude. I was a company guy all the way and grateful (still am) for the opportunity they presented me with to improve my life and the lives of my wife and son. Needed weekend/holiday volunteers, I was there. Needed me to stay and run freight, I was there. During COVID, when there were no points for call outs and too many city drivers called out, I peddled after working the dock for 6 hours. This isn't helping the company, it's helping building management not have to answer uncomfortable emails.

What do I get? Sent home after 6 hours while part time dock workers have work. I got a taking to for getting one minute of overtime. I clocked out late because I worked till the end (last time I did that) and I even offered to pay back the 50 cents. New hires being offered opportunities to volunteer at other centers with nobody else being told about it. They sent one guy because he couldn't work over night because sleep. Berated by a supervisor because I questioned his decision (sent a lengthy email to district management) and petty retaliation like taking 2 months to approve my shoe reimbursement because I filed a valid ethics point complaint. There's plenty more, but why bother?

I don't care anymore. I look out for myself and my circle of coworkers that look out for each other. I realize I'm just a spoke on a wheel that will keep turning without my effort and my effort isn't appreciated. I give them the work they pay for, nothing more nothing less.

Well said and this wasn't always my attitude. I was a company guy all the way and grateful (still am) for the opportunity they presented me with to improve my life and the lives of my wife and son. Needed weekend/holiday volunteers, I was there. Needed me to stay and run freight, I was there. During COVID, when there were no points for call outs and too many city drivers called out, I peddled after working the dock for 6 hours. This isn't helping the company, it's helping building management not have to answer uncomfortable emails.

What do I get? Sent home after 6 hours while part time dock workers have work. I got a taking to for getting one minute of overtime. I clocked out late because I worked till the end (last time I did that) and I even offered to pay back the 50 cents. New hires being offered opportunities to volunteer at other centers with nobody else being told about it. They sent one guy because he couldn't work over night because sleep. Berated by a supervisor because I questioned his decision (sent a lengthy email to district management) and petty retaliation like taking 2 months to approve my shoe reimbursement because I filed a valid ethics point complaint. There's plenty more, but why bother?

I don't care anymore. I look out for myself and my circle of coworkers that look out for each other. I realize I'm just a spoke on a wheel that will keep turning without my effort and my effort isn't appreciated. I give them the work they pay for, nothing more nothing less.
Easy how soon they forget.. and yes the petty retaliation happens a lot more than people want to think. I have seen it way too often. It is what are you going to do for me now vs what have you done for this company for your career. Sad thing is... you leave it is now sweat... move on and replace. Never was a supporter of the "U word" and have always been a company man and was thankful and willing to go the extra mile. That is just not the case anymore and at the end of the day who protects the number that each of us are? Is it management... no because anytime you speak up your on a list. It is just messed up and at some point you either take a stand or just continue to take it. At some point I hope a stand is taken because it is a shame to watch all that goes on.

Easy how soon they forget.. and yes the petty retaliation happens a lot more than people want to think. I have seen it way too often. It is what are you going to do for me now vs what have you done for this company for your career. Sad thing is... you leave it is now sweat... move on and replace. Never was a supporter of the "U word" and have always been a company man and was thankful and willing to go the extra mile. That is just not the case anymore and at the end of the day who protects the number that each of us are? Is it management... no because anytime you speak up your on a list. It is just messed up and at some point you either take a stand or just continue to take it. At some point I hope a stand is taken because it is a shame to watch all that goes on.

Honestly, I think FedEx is a fine company and I like working for them. They deliver on their end of the bargain and it's more than most. Most of the negatives that I encounter come from local leadership. I have no problem going above and beyond for the company, but I refuse to make leadership's job easier and that's where we're at.

20221209_1508170.md.jpeg

Well I know one thing... Fedex Freight linehaul drivers are much safer than fedex ground contractors. ^^ here's exibit A, taken on I-20 in texas on friday. Thankfully that coach bus was empty. I hope FXF drivers haul more trailers than FXG yayhoos like this one