FedEx Freight | Merger with ground?

They are full of chit even though a merger of sorts was announced long ago. However this was going to take 5 years and no details of what it would entail were revealed.

I tell you what. This merger or whatever can really happen if they want it to.

With our updated handhelds they have all the terminal locations for Ground and Express. It will depart you and arrive you just like a Freight terminal and they have all the Terminal codes like they’ve done this before. Something is cooking up guys

If I am at a relay center that is not based at a hub I would be concerned. They may not do away with a lane all at once for optics but will pull freight out over time each bid period if # of change of ops is a concern. Before you know it the freight has been trickled out and lessoned "people impacts" but the drivers are the ones out of work with not a lot of paper trail cause it does reach the magic 20k threshold.

Exactly why would they upset a money maker in freight?
I see the logic in slower freight line haul pulling ground line haul in their heavy season.
Merging makes no sense to me.

We’re all used to getting the big dog:2437:
11816336.jpg
THAT ONE CO-WORKER...... :wtflol:

You can always tell the corporate goons that are on here trying to discredit anything negative against the company, or throwing up smoke screens to try and distract from anyone with past experience in the FedEx COO's that leave countless unemployed.

Regardless of what or who gets merged. Come 2025 or sooner there will be alot of people loose their jobs, and we will still be top heavy at corporate.

Bonus? That’s simply hush money for the gutted healthcare plan.
I don't participate in our health plans.
I really can't speak to how good or bad it is in regards to the amount paid by an employee.
So your contention is that FedEx freight is cooking the books to give drivers the maximum bonus in order to offset the gutted healthcare plan they offer?

I don't participate in our health plans.
I really can't speak to how good or bad it is in regards to the amount paid by an employee.
So your contention is that FedEx freight is cooking the books to give drivers the maximum bonus in order to offset the gutted healthcare plan they offer?

I’m going to have to go with nasvegas on this one; we’ve seen many “brassballs” come and go on trucking boards over the years. Always snarky and well written, usually in times of turmoil. Picking fights and debunking minutia, instead of addressing the reality of the moment…

You can always tell the corporate goons that are on here trying to discredit anything negative against the company, or throwing up smoke screens to try and distract from anyone with past experience in the FedEx COO's that leave countless unemployed.

Regardless of what or who gets merged. Come 2025 or sooner there will be alot of people loose their jobs, and we will still be top heavy at corporate.
Could not have been said any better.... and to add... the work done to get COO's will not have to be justified. It is a very broken system!

Not picking sides here but what happens in 2025?

That's why I'm against relying on one source for income. I don't trust any corporation to have my best interest in mind and if getting rid of me is best for business, they'll do it with no hesitation and no warning.

My attitude towards FedEx is take what I can get with as little investment on my part as possible.

What I don't understand is the balancing of equipment. We run empties to keep the equipment levels as balanced as possible. If I bobtail from freight to ground to avoid running empties, what happens to the balancing act when I bobtail from ground to domicile?