Yellow | Merging of clerical

Lori has been with Yellow as a Temp Service Billing Clerk for 10 year was told Fri. her services would not be needed after Feb 28

Good Post JohnnyRotten, I too wish for the truth in this cluster -... of a "deal"....Good Luck to everyone!

Good post BM.

Anyone have a rope they aren't using?

gee... sorry Johnny, any spare rope I had, to let you borrow, I had to use for myself... Due to cut backs of 10%, I have re-strung a clothes line and am now hanging out the laundry to dry, instead of using the dryer ! :biglaugh:

So, we have been calling international everyday since Monday Feb. 2nd and everyday we are told "probably tomorrow". Now they are telling us they don't know how it will work if we want to follow our work. We are less than 3 weeks from this and we don't know WHERE our work is going, any seniority dates of the staff there, or IF we have a job right where we are.
Hey leia....Follow the work is BS. We hear everyday from management Yellow's billing and payroll is going to Akron, OH. But the word from other terminals is billing will be done in Canada and payroll is being forwarded from OH to INDIA......Still working on some kind of confirmation. Most people will have a problem with our SS#'s being sent to a country that doesn't give a rats $## about americans protection from ID thief.

Hey leia....Follow the work is BS. We hear everyday from management Yellow's billing and payroll is going to Akron, OH. But the word from other terminals is billing will be done in Canada and payroll is being forwarded from OH to INDIA......Still working on some kind of confirmation. Most people will have a problem with our SS#'s being sent to a country that doesn't give a rats $## about americans protection from ID thief.

The woman who's job I replaced ( she retired ) used to bill the bills. I have not billed the bills since I worked at Yellow 7 yrs ago. I havn't billed a B/L for 7 yrs. At Rdwy, I faxed the bills to regional billing. Then I scanned them to regional billing the past 3 yrs. This scanner sent the bills to billing AND to image at the SAME TIME ! Our regional billing LOST THEIR JOBS months ago. My bills now go to ST Paul, Minneapolis so far.... I have yet another new fax number to send in the time cards....

I have also heard what Dallas is telling you....( from one of the supers here )..about the India thing....for BOTH the billing and the payroll. And the ECOE radios can also easily eliminate my job, when perfected....

5. Clerical Seniority Application
Historically, the Change of Operations Committee has protected the integrity of the NMFA bargaining unit in connection with Change of Operations by endtailing employees consolidating with the unit from facilities not covered by NMFA collective bargaining agreements. The Committee similarly has protected the integrity of bargaining units
under "white paper" agreements in conjunction with Change of operations by endtailing employees consolidating with those units from facilities not covered by the same "white paper" agreement. In both instances, consolidating employees are endtailed onto the seniority list covering their classification of employment. This established method of protecting the integrity of existing freight industry bargaining units shall be applied in this Change of Operations. At those locations with an office consolidation or follow the work employee moves, classification seniority in the applicable collective bargaining unit shall prevail and majority rule shall determine represented status:

--At locations where the majority of the combined group is covered by a
Regional Supplemental Agreement to the NMFA, classification seniority
in the collective bargaining unit under that Regional Supplemental
Agreement shall be recognized. Employees with classification seniority under that Regional Supplemental Agreement shall be dovetailed based on
each employee's present bidding and layoff seniority date. Those
employees without classification seniority under the Regional Supplemental Agreement shall be endtailed.

--At locations where the majority of the combined group is covered by a
"white paper" agreement, classification seniority in the collective
bargaining unit under that "white paper" agreement shall be recognized.
Employees with classification seniority under that "white paper"
agreement shall be dovetailed based on each employee's present bidding
and layoff seniority date. Those employees without classification seniority
under the "white paper" agreement shall be endtailed.

--At locations where the majority of the combined group is non-union or
where the combined group is composed of an equal number of union and
non-union employees, the resulting unit shall be non-union. Employees at
the consolidated facility with classification seniority under a Regional
Supplemental Agreement or "white paper" agreement shall be endtailed.

Employees who did not have classification seniority and are endtailed pursuant to the forgoing shall retain their Company seniority date for purposes of vacation entitlement and shall not suffer a reduction in wages as a result of this decision and shall be given a classification seniority date as of the date the new merged seniority list is constructed and shall be ranked among themselves in accordance with their present Company date of hire.

Employees who had classification seniority and are entailed pursuant to the foregoing shall retain their classification seniority date for vacation purposes and shall not suffer a reduction in wages as a result of this decision. In addition, and in compliance with the applicable provisions of the collective bargaining agreement covering the affected employees at the time they consolidate into an endtail position and under the authority of Article 8, Section 6(a) of the NMF'A health & welfare and pension contributions shall continue to be paid into the respective Trusts such contributions were being paid prior to the employee being consolidated.

Here it is finally!!

I wonder what terminals have a Majority of Union employees or Non Union? So you lose the Union if you are the minority? That makes no sense. Is there going to be a card check afterwards if this happens?

This explains why Yellow is planning to reduce our union clerical from 8 to 4....and why Roadways non-union clerical will stay at 8. When these offices merge --Majority Rules--
This is BS!!!!! Union busting!!!. Where is the IBT that we have paid dues to for the last 20 years?? Where is the protection and fight for our union brothers and sisters?? Seems they've turned their backs to us and have become company "yes men"...anything YRC wants -- the union gives....

2 weeks to go before the change takes place and not 1 clerical union employee in my terminal has had any type of training what so ever. Come the 1st week of March it's going to be a hugh cluster _ _ _ _!

It's a shame the union isn't as strong as it was many years ago...theres no way the company would get away with the BS they are!!!!

YRC --- backwards --- CRY

Classification?

Whats the official meaning of the term Classification? Is it a specific function such as Customer Service Rep; OSD Clerk; Appt Clerk? What if your classified as a General Office Clerk at the other company and under those terms can perform all of the above functions, but not classified with a certain classification? Then where would you fall in the merger?

Whats the official meaning of the term Classification? Is it a specific function such as Customer Service Rep; OSD Clerk; Appt Clerk? What if your classified as a General Office Clerk at the other company and under those terms can perform all of the above functions, but not classified with a certain classification? Then where would you fall in the merger?

I think classification means you are considered clerical which is one category under the NMFA.

This decision is so wrong! How can you make someone who hired onto a union job become non union without holding a desertification vote? I would try to network with as many folks in the same position as you can, get a class-action lawsuit filed, what happened to standing up for each other? I feel terrible for all of these people I think drivers at locals in locations where this is suppose to happen should stand behind these members.

What if a bargaining union was to decert before the merge? Would they then dovetail? If I were a office girl at any terminal that this was happening in I wouldn't show up to work on Monday why help them at all? Once they become non union they are sure to be laid off or possibly fired now that they no longer have the protections they used to.

leia & beaner per coo decision of 2/13 where union outnumbers non union you will have to endtail. sorry. for ur loss. but in answer to bluemule not all union people do just one job. over the 30 yrs i have been in this business, i have done it all and more. can do everything you do and more . so iam not just a paper pusher like you or the supervisors that sit all day on the internet or walk around looking bored supervision 1 or 2 people. i can trace a shipment, do os&d find lost frt make appts. close loads up and then go home and fry up the bacon and take care of my house and everthing.

9 of the 12 office girls @ Yellow Detroit let go Friday..

9 of 12 OUCH! Is Yellow Detroit a Union or non-Union office and will they be merging with Roadway? If they are merging is Roadway Union or Non-Union?

Will the union clericals that endtail into a non-union office still have to pay union dues? Especially if the company still has to pay their H&W, & pension?

9 of 12 OUCH! Is Yellow Detroit a Union or non-Union office and will they be merging with Roadway? If they are merging is Roadway Union or Non-Union?

Keeping a RDWY and Yellow terminal . Separate terminals in Detroit and Taylor but combing boards.I believe non-union office. Lots of help needed for Canada shipments going over to windsor from DET but they were probably a little bloated fron their DC days. But no more help needed now that billing is going to a central location and all the Michigan freight is flowing thru Coldwater..

I think End-tailing into a non-union office means we will become "non-union". I would say no more dues. Maybe have to get a withdraw card. Not sure how that's going to affect our pension and H&W..but it will. The union isn't doing a **** thing to help us. They won't give any straight answers. When we ask whats happening with the union clerical we're told No Decision has been made. But other terminals have already merged so a decision has been made we're just not being told anything. They don't want to deal with the women but they've had no problem taking our dues.

beaner615 according to coo agreement as of 2/13 any terminal that has more union the non union will have to end tail. but it two terminals within 1 jurisdiction have more non union or equal # union & non union that terminal will become non union but co will continue to pay health&welfare & pension payments ,

leia & beaner per coo decision of 2/13 where union outnumbers non union you will have to endtail. sorry. for ur loss. but in answer to bluemule not all union people do just one job. over the 30 yrs i have been in this business, i have done it all and more. can do everything you do and more . so iam not just a paper pusher like you or the supervisors that sit all day on the internet or walk around looking bored supervision 1 or 2 people. i can trace a shipment, do os&d find lost frt make appts. close loads up and then go home and fry up the bacon and take care of my house and everthing.

Leia and beaner ARE union members. Our office went into the meetings with 3 union and 2 non union. If I am reading it right. The union stays. Are the numbers of staff that they went by the staff that they had when the meetings started?

Hey Truckin.....About the Clerical Seniority Application -- Where did this info come from? That's the 1st question my rep and the office girls will ask when they see this. Is in in the 103 page COO?