Yellow | Merging of clerical

I think End-tailing into a non-union office means we will become "non-union". I would say no more dues. Maybe have to get a withdraw card. Not sure how that's going to affect our pension and H&W..but it will. The union isn't doing a **** thing to help us. They won't give any straight answers. When we ask whats happening with the union clerical we're told No Decision has been made. But other terminals have already merged so a decision has been made we're just not being told anything. They don't want to deal with the women but they've had no problem taking our dues.

I'll bet that they will still charge you union dues, with the excuse that the union 'officials' are still bargaining for the H&W & pension contributions that you will still be getting. I'd have a real problem with that, especially if you end up endtailing & forced into a non-union situation.

At Memphis, RDWY has 16 clerical (3 layed off) Yfsy has 11 (none layed off) total 27 spots. Bid supposedly comes up tomorrow (monday feb 15th) Bid will be for 24 spots with 9 at 431 and 15 at 416 (yfsy new number). 2 can go to topeka, the new blling center and one will be layed off. although bids come up monday the layed off have not been recalled. Interesting. With two terminals you bid the job you want but you are tied to that terminal for one year. The individal terminals can re-bid but you can not go to the other terminal except when that one time a year bid comes up. Have not heard for sure but I would expect that if you are layed off at one terminal and have more seniority than someone at the other terminal the person with the least seniority would be layed off. Does anyone have any info at other facilities where there is more than one terminal operating in the same city??

leia & beaner per coo decision of 2/13 where union outnumbers non union you will have to endtail. sorry. for ur loss. but in answer to bluemule not all union people do just one job. over the 30 yrs i have been in this business, i have done it all and more. can do everything you do and more . so iam not just a paper pusher like you or the supervisors that sit all day on the internet or walk around looking bored supervision 1 or 2 people. i can trace a shipment, do os&d find lost frt make appts. close loads up and then go home and fry up the bacon and take care of my house and everthing.

Hey ! You GO GIRL! But, I am not beyond believing that no matter how much I DO DO, or CAN DO... I know the machines, that can replace me.... Union or not.. nobody can fight the machine.... (office machine or ECOE radio, etc... ) :flame:

I cannot understand why it would be so bad for all employee's to dovetail at union and non union offices.

Fedex... this would be a perfect time to contact a Union Organization in your area.

You think nothing could ever happen to your job because you work for one of the largest global companies around, but technology moves in, the economy free-falls and suddenly your secure job moves to India with no opportunity to follow your work and now you have no job. With a Union, if your work moves to another location it will not be to India, but right here in the USA giving you the opportunity to follow your work and keep your American $. You'd have protection and rights with your Seniority and laws to prevent harassment & intimidation allowing you to work at a Safe & Resonable speed.

Our new American President is encouraging people to join a Union and is currently working to passing into legislation an employees rights to join a union simply by signing a card. Contact a Rep for info then make your own decision.

I understand what you both are saying but what does it have to do with dovetailing. I worked for Yellow and quit, went to fedex and got laid off. I guess I should not worry but it but the question that kept going through my mind reading through this post was what is wrong with dovetailing, it's a lot more fair than end tailing either union or non.

I paid thousands to the teamsters and still see nothing wrong with dove tailing.

I understand what you both are saying but what does it have to do with dovetailing. I worked for Yellow and quit, went to fedex and got laid off. I guess I should not worry but it but the question that kept going through my mind reading through this post was what is wrong with dovetailing, it's a lot more fair than end tailing either union or non.

I paid thousands to the teamsters and still see nothing wrong with dove tailing.
So ,what you're saying is that if Yellow would have bought a non-union truckline, while you were working there, you would have had no problem if Yellow wanted to dovetail that trucklines employees ahead of you? And to answer your question, nothing is wrong about dovetailing, as long as it's on a level playing field. As a Teamster, seniority is what we live by, you pay the locals to protect your seniority, you certainly don't want it violated.The people that paid dues were indeed wronged .

I dont want this to blow out of proportion so let me be brief. I would think that the only fair way would be to dove tail all employee's at the office. If you are U and I am NON and we had our office's merge wouldn't you think it was unfair if you had to end tail just because you were U? Dove tailing is fair since it is based on how long you worked at the employer and not based on your status.

If you dont think so then we can agree to disagree but either way you look at it someone will be getting the short end.

Good luck with the coming merger and I hope the best for you all.