FedEx Freight | Merity based pay increase at Fedex...What is top rate going to be?

If you think you're going to draw me into a pissing match over who works harder, you're smoking some good stuff! I've done the P&D thing. Paid my dues in the city. Now I'mpaying them on the linehaul side. Both jobs have their own demands. Until you've spent any time running linehaul, I'd suggest you get back to peddling that freight and use that mouth to ask for JOM's

As I have stated before the horse is dead rigamortis has set in on it leave the horse to RIP!!! HOLY crap all you guys have to worry about is what the road guys are doing? Guy grow up get head out of the clouds and fill in on a linehaul run for a week or few nights let us know what you think after you experienced it not your fantasy of what it is for road guys.

So just think of it as ten hour days. The road driver still gets premium pay compared to the city drivers that do the real work.

Dude, I've been back in the city for over a year now after being on the road several years and each has their pro's and cons, but to post on here that road is the gravy train is a bit presumptuous on your part much less asinine. I know many city guys in the northeast pulling in road money on 60 plus hours per week. Your just talking out your ass

So just think of it as ten hour days. The road driver still gets premium pay compared to the city drivers that do the real work.

And all those little mundane things that a local driver is on the clock for.....
Pre trip, post trip, haz mat paperwork deficiencies that all too often go back to shoddy work done by the pickup driver, placarding trailers, fixing improperly placarded trailers, all those things and a host of others are all considered part of that premium pay.
Just for grins and giggles why don't you volunteer to do a long shuttle run for a week. Say, one that has 4 hours of drive time each way and three or four hours of dock time. Oh, and at the end of each day you spend the last 45 minutes in rush hour traffic and try to keep it together and not run over some fool driving like a maniac.
Do that every week for 10 years, then get back to me.
We earn our money, you little pissant.

It's not really a pay disparity, it's an hours disparity. If a city guy could max out his hours he would take home just as much or more.

And in some yards, there's no chance in hell of having a day run or a 500 mile run because of location. Yet some of us labor on...not sure why.

Or like LAF they have a crappy manager who does whatever he can to not grow. He has purposely turned away freight so they wouldn't grow and put more drivers on. He likes it the size it is now. They have no day runs. The longest shuttle run they have I think is to EFH. They have no chance of a good run.

I think the shuttle drivers earn there money. I just think the pay difference between city work and daytime meet and turns is a little much.
Of course you do. You're not a daytime road driver. If you were, you would think you're underpaid. I've seen your type for many a year. Never happy, always wanting what others have and not wanting to put in the work or the time to get it.

I think the shuttle drivers earn there money. I just think the pay difference between city work and daytime meet and turns is a little much.

All I hear you complaining about is money. I don't see you standing up screaming that a road driver gets laid off before you when it comes time for a change of operations, even though he may have several years of service more than you do. Pay your dues, make the jump to linehaul, and get it like the rest of us did. Damn man.