XPO | Miami Has Ratified a Contract

I would appreciate you posting a link for the claim about t force benefits being paid by UPS please. I asked this simple thing over a week ago. Thank you.
"UPS will retain all pre-existing assets and liabilities relating to all pension, retirement and other benefits plans."

If that is true they got a heck of a deal.....800 million for the whole shooting match plus they don't pay employee benefits for several years....AAA Cooper sold for even more and they didn't get a deal like that....if you could I would love to see a link for that please.....
One of the reason they got a deal on UPS is because they were making no money. The new CEO made it a top priority when she took over back in 1 June 20

Doesn’t T-Force still have to negotiate a contract ? Just because UPSF ( Overnite ) got bought doesn’t mean they lose their contract.
Right now T-force has agreed to the terms in the contract. They could have made the Teamster renegotiate the contract when they bought them. They will when this contract runs out.

Must be something good in it they voted it in.
Then what??? No pension, teamcare Oh wait they are no longer an at will employee. Yea that's it even though they worked under it for years just like you did and even drank the CCX/Con-way kool-aid.....Let me ask how that CCX pension working out that they promised and you didn't get in writing.....Oh yea you believe them at there word....

One of the reason they got a deal on UPS is because they were making no money. The new CEO made it a top priority when she took over back in 1 June 20
Thank you Fly for the (long awaited) answer...maybe I missed something in looking at the article but I didn't see anything about UPS paying health, welfare, and pension payments. UPS used UPS Freight as a loss leader to secure parcel freight. I have already seen article saying that T Force is already more profitable without UPS. Thanks for the reply Sir.

Right now T-force has agreed to the terms in the contract. They could have made the Teamster renegotiate the contract when they bought them. They will when this contract runs out.
Not true. I'm sure as standard with union contracts that there is a clause stating if the company is sold the company doing the purchasing must honor the current contract ...

Not true. I'm sure as standard with union contracts that there is a clause stating if the company is sold the company doing the purchasing must honor the current contract ...
maybe but there are differant way to buy a company and some don't have to agree to the contract

Even in situations in which the purchaser is a labor successor, the purchaser generally has the right to not adopt the CBA that was in place between the predecessor and the union. Instead, the purchaser may set different initial terms and conditions of employment and then bargain with the union for a new CBA. Doing this can be important because, as discussed in more detail below, the CBA is the contract that governs the terms and conditions of the bargaining unit employees' employment. Companies will want to craft the applicable CBA specific to their business and operations, not the predecessor's.

Thank you Fly for the (long awaited) answer...maybe I missed something in looking at the article but I didn't see anything about UPS paying health, welfare, and pension payments. UPS used UPS Freight as a loss leader to secure parcel freight. I have already seen article saying that T Force is already more profitable without UPS. Thanks for the reply Sir.
Also UPS has promised 5yrs of back office support. That's 5yrs T-force doesn't have to setup or spend money on

A copy of the actual contract would be a better gauge of what they did or didn't get, that's just cherry picked by the company.
I know that, that's why I want to see the signed contract. Just saying no pro xpo driver has said anything about the company posting. Even if it is cherry picking those are some big f**kin cherries. Those are the main cherries of why they voted the union in...Drive cam, healthcare, retirement, Subs, and safety policy. AKA the big take away

The company posted that as damage control. It’s very carefully scripted . I have not seen their agreements . Our location still gets 5 bereavement days , Not subject to drivecam terminations without union involvement , and has a complete grievance an arbitration agreement .
Still have the same healthcare and pension non union locations have . If you knock that your only putting down what you have .
Also as far as subcontracting we have not agreed s to any terms . Xpo currently can not subcontract our jobs to circumvent unionized workers . If you think what the other locations have agreed to is bad . I got news for you . You at in the same boat as them if what the company is posting has any truth . That should scare the hell out of non union employees. They are telling you in trying to make their point that they can dump you for contractors at anytime.

The posting like I said is very carefully scripted and does not tell the complete explanation of each talking point. It’s sole reason is too do damage control and sway any other terminals from jumping in . The company was caught off guard by the members voting this in .
No one expected that major gains like better healthcare and retirement was going to be gained at this point with so few terminals bargaining. More terminals bargaining then maybe that could change.
I think the biggest takeaway to this is for nonunion locations to take heed as to what position the company has towards all its employees. How they are determined to keep you at will and how it will fight to keep your compensation and benefits at the bare minimum it takes .
The guys at both locations are doing the best they can to improve their employment. They obviously felt their was value in the agreement or they would not voted it in .

Last edited:
Even in situations in which the purchaser is a labor successor, the purchaser generally has the right to not adopt the CBA that was in place between the predecessor and the union. Instead, the purchaser may set different initial terms and conditions of employment and then bargain with the union for a new CBA. Doing this can be important because, as discussed in more detail below, the CBA is the contract that governs the terms and conditions of the bargaining unit employees' employment. Companies will want to craft the applicable CBA specific to their business and operations, not the predecessor's.

I will admit that I don't have time right now to read the whole thing...but one of the first things I read is if they are not acquiring employees....pretty hard to have a trucking company without drivers....I will read it later and get back to you...