Yellow | Mileage Awards

Roadway and yellow !"doesn't exist anymore" not just roadway! The company's name is yrc ,and yrcw (the parent company)decides what the policy is. The question is why does the senior management at yrcw think roadway's policy of determining mileage awards (actual miles as opposed to years of service) is the one they implement. Maybe because the term miles indicates real driving time. Don't be mad at roadway. Remeber "there's no such company" so your directing your anger at something that doesn't exist. Another form of insanitiy.

Perfect could not have said it better myself....:clap:

I got 10 yrs on forklift requested my own 1 mil mile forklift with my name on it.:shift::biglaugh:
Will let you know what boss says.:biglaugh:
Yes YRCRDKCM guy it is wrong but you have to learn it's not YRC it's ROADWAY:TR10driving03: I have accepted this and have a whole new attitude:clap::clap:

Hay at 135 we used to have a 5 million start shop truck ... Then one day it would not start and lost its job:TR10driving03:

Waaaaaaaaaa I want my freaking award! And yes I did more miles than a 100 K a year. Unlike most i actually worked!

Go get your records, logbooks, etc, any proof that you have and go see your terminal/relay administrative clerk. Have him/her submit this information to the safety dept, and once "verified" the problem should be solved, and the mileage "clock" keeps ticking.............

PS: I had 1M in 9years and 3 months, jacket,hat,pin,award, handshake by supervisor and a FLIPPIN LAYOFF NOTICE. Great "Thanks" eh?

Go get your records, logbooks, etc, any proof that you have and go see your terminal/relay administrative clerk. Have him/her submit this information to the safety dept, and once "verified" the problem should be solved, and the mileage "clock" keeps ticking.............

PS: I had 1M in 9years and 3 months, jacket,hat,pin,award, handshake by supervisor and a FLIPPIN LAYOFF NOTICE. Great "Thanks" eh?

I think in an eariler post he got enother job for a company that has stock at $80 and he wants to pay for his insurance.They also have a good 401K.

What are you going to get? A new coffee mug or how about a road safety kit.

In all seriousness :eek: that letter that goes with the reward stating you drove bla,bla,bla miles accident free will get you along way when applying for a Federal job, or any other job for that matter. Since 301/309 merged and the TM at 301 was walked out, I'm unable to get anyone at the Heights to give me my letter. I called a couple months ago for the letter and after swinging through the phone tree for a half hour, I was told that they'd get back to me on that! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.......................phone has yet to ring! If only I knew a steward or maybe a BA at the 710 that could help me out.....????............:tongue0015:

In all seriousness :eek: that letter that goes with the reward stating you drove bla,bla,bla miles accident free will get you along way when applying for a Federal job, or any other job for that matter. Since 301/309 merged and the TM at 301 was walked out, I'm unable to get anyone at the Heights to give me my letter. I called a couple months ago for the letter and after swinging through the phone tree for a half hour, I was told that they'd get back to me on that! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.......................phone has yet to ring! If only I knew a steward or maybe a BA at the 710 that could help me out.....????............:tongue0015:

Check www.r78.info for links and stewards

Do you know what's so sad also , I'm still waiting for my last pay checks ! When I retired on 9/23/09 they said they would send me my last checks and they still haven't posted on my checking account I called last week and the payroll clerk said K.C has a new payroll system and they cannot figure it out ! They owe me 4.5 weeks pay ! So anyone retiring try to get your pay BEFORE you retire !!!

Ive driven the miles! No break in service! i want my credit! its the way Yellow had it. That's what should apply!

Wow wantin an award ya didnt earn. Leave it 2 yellow drivers. GIMME GIMME GIMME. Let me guess, the computer is wrong?? Its no wonder were in trouble!!

I went in to 326 linehaul boss to inquire about my one million award. I have 10 years and a few months. I have 960K and change. What? Yellow was 100K per year! Roadway accumlalated actual miles. So us Yellow guys are getting screwed again! This isnt Roadway! Roadway doesnt exist! I'm outta here! We are all getting screwed in ways we don't even know! So if your former Yellow go check! I hope this POS company goes down!
your funny you must be a yellow driver. your linehaul boss has nothing to do with it. its your relay secretary who probally guessed at it. show them proof. did you keep your pay roll summarys? or those silly trip reports you yellow guys still keep trying to get dispatchers to sign...now those are funny expecially when the roadway dispatchers tossem out. listen driver in stead of gripeing about things and wishing our company outta business.(which proves your an idiot) adapt and overcome or seek employment elsewhere. there are things i dislike about some yellow terminals i have to deal with, but also there are some yellow procedures that are great ideas and work better than roadway. but for godsake grow the hell up! yah big ninny

Waaaaaaaaaa I want my freaking award! And yes I did more miles than a 100 K a year. Unlike most i actually worked!

So let me get this straight... If you've been here for over 10 years, and did more than 100K a year, that would be your million miles. So if it were done the "Roadway way", instead of the POS "Yellow way" wouldn't you have that award?

your funny you must be a yellow driver. your linehaul boss has nothing to do with it. its your relay secretary who probally guessed at it. show them proof. did you keep your pay roll summarys? or those silly trip reports you yellow guys still keep trying to get dispatchers to sign...now those are funny expecially when the roadway dispatchers tossem out. listen driver in stead of gripeing about things and wishing our company outta business.(which proves your an idiot) adapt and overcome or seek employment elsewhere. there are things i dislike about some yellow terminals i have to deal with, but also there are some yellow procedures that are great ideas and work better than roadway. but for godsake grow the hell up! yah big ninny

:clap::clap::clap::clap::thumbsup::thumbsup:

your funny you must be a yellow driver. your linehaul boss has nothing to do with it. its your relay secretary who probally guessed at it. show them proof. did you keep your pay roll summarys? or those silly trip reports you yellow guys still keep trying to get dispatchers to sign...now those are funny expecially when the roadway dispatchers tossem out.
<snip>

Yellow's old trip reports are silly?? Having your own copy of your work tour with all runs and delay time documented is silly?? Relying on a dispatcher or clerk to accurately enter all your trips and delay time with all those scraps of computer printout is better??

You'd better clean all that grease off your face because I think it's affected your brain!! :nutkick:

Yellow's old trip reports are silly?? Having your own copy of your work tour with all runs and delay time documented is silly?? Relying on a dispatcher or clerk to accurately enter all your trips and delay time with all those scraps of computer printout is better??

You'd better clean all that grease off your face because I think it's affected your brain!! :nutkick:

Here we go again Yellow this Roadway that. YRC YOUR REALLY CRYING

How does Roadway figure city drivers. I have almost 11 safe driving city with Yellow and Ive never heard or been given a thing. I do like the paycheck and bennies I get so Ill forgive them. Just keep us afloat.
Roadway would use the hours worked each month. There is no way you could keep track of each P&D driver's miles driven. A driver running a straight truck downtown would rack up less miles than a driver running a long peddle run so it would take the downtown driver a career to make 1 million while the peddle driver would make it in half the time. I believe you must work 25000 hours to get 1 million miles- or about 12-13 years.

Roadway would use the hours worked each month. There is no way you could keep track of each P&D driver's miles driven. A driver running a straight truck downtown would rack up less miles than a driver running a long peddle run so it would take the downtown driver a career to make 1 million while the peddle driver would make it in half the time. I believe you must work 25000 hours to get 1 million miles- or about 12-13 years.

I finally received my million mile award a year late, back in 2003, a week later I put a racing stripe up the side of a UPS package van who had snuck up beside me on my blind side(had tractor jacked to leave a customer lot) then a month after that watch stopped working, at least they had my name inscribed on the back of it, I think I still have it in a junk draw somewhere.:shift: City Driver

What bennies? We have nothing left! The Yes voters eliminated the unions relevance! I interviewed at a competitor today. We dont have nothing to offer! They offer overtime after 8 and 40, pension and 401k both at the same time. You design you own medical plan up to 9 different options based on your needs. If your single it cost 2$ a month. If you have a family the cadallic plan no out of pocket for anything! $180 a month. They have a set time to close out ALL pickups every night of 8pm and 10pm. They kick our butt! Our dock doesnt know how to work! To please customers. At 326 they could care less when they close out trailers! That's our problem our close out times are 6am the next day according to the guys i talk too. We don't want to work by the sweat of our browl! We want to break one skid load a night. Play dominos, our union won't fire guys that don't work! Our union might as well give up ever organizing this company. If they try the union will bankrupt themselves. Id love to pay $180 for a all expense paid medical plan minus union dues! We have all been brainwashed! No repensentation! I choose to work for the company that has stock at $80 plus a share!:eck13::Flame-On::biglaugh::clap:

see ya, by-bye,good luck, I hope you are a happier person in your new job