Yellow | MLW/313 Worked 16 Hours Friday/Sat

Handy 313

TB Lurker
Credits
I know they can do this but is this safe, clean up crew had to work 16 on friday due to fmla,ue's and deer hunting, mgmnt was told that if anyone left to take there badges. does this happen anywhere else?? I know what some of you might think that it's great having a job but we have about 40 on layoff and the guy's that made themselves available mgmt brought them in early.

I know they can do this but is this safe, clean up crew had to work 16 on friday due to fmla,ue's and deer hunting, mgmnt was told that if anyone left to take there badges. does this happen anywhere else?? I know what some of you might think that it's great having a job but we have about 40 on layoff and the guy's that made themselves available mgmt brought them in early.

And you guys just take it? Sounds like the company wears the pants up there. I'm pretty sure we can be forced 2 hrs over, but I don't think it's happened in YEARS and if they tried it I'm sure most people would just laugh as they clocked out.

2 hours over is the most they can force .you can stay longer but cant be forced too..
they could have my badge if they asked for it . but when they gave it back to me it would be with a check for lost time.

I would have told them I can give you ten hours and thats it b/4 i punched/swiped in and they couldn't have done anything to me. If they would have taken my badge like long blades said "check please" when they gave it back to me. Funny thing is that they knew it was coming down to this and should have had a plan in effect before hand. Thats the problem... they're re -active not proactive....just like the bids this coming friday:poster_oops:.

Before you guys get someone fired remember in Central States they can force the last two shifts to clean up. No ten hour max in this situation. :1036316054:

thats the way it is here in milwaukee, we have this so called teamsters for teamsters in our local, they promise us the moon when they were running for the local position and people bought into it. now we get nothing, management dictates how things are going to be (contract or not) and the boys just bow there heads and take with them the suffering of the workers thay are suppose to protect. they need to take the advise of the stewards thats been around a while, not the ones they themselfs had elected. :1036316054:

you all might need to go over the locals head to get this stuff fixed.i thaught 16 hour days were against the law .i would check with the labor board

you guys need to look in the NMFA..it clearly states the company can only force you for 2 hours of mandatory OT on an 8 hour shift...clean up crew or not... anything over that would be on a VOLUNTARY basis only.....force them to call in layed off men to cover the needed hours! NMFA says 10 and out...

you guys need to look in the NMFA..it clearly states the company can only force you for 2 hours of mandatory OT on an 8 hour shift...clean up crew or not... anything over that would be on a VOLUNTARY basis only.....force them to call in layed off men to cover the needed hours! NMFA says 10 and out...
G-man you need to read Central States supplement, I really believe you are misinformed on this issue. Then again I'm not sure if 313 is in Central.:shrug:

313 is in central states and the wis kid is right ! I am laid off and don't think i will sign up anymore to work its time this union in milwaukee starts sticking up for the works so many guys laidoff that the company has no choice but to force that much! maybe the union should look at overtime records to see if maybe some guys can get called back? but that don't or won't happen because they don't know their buts (a$$E$) from a hole in the ground!!! happy thanksgiving everyone.

just that much ot in 1 day should allow guys to be recalled . you steward should be counting hours every week .
if he doesnt do so or know how ,there are many here that could help

G-man you need to read Central States supplement, I really believe you are misinformed on this issue. Then again I'm not sure if 313 is in Central.:shrug:
you could be right, I'm not familiar with the supplements for central states...Iwas quoting our supplements here in the east....I thought this was a national (NMFA) issue, and not a supplemental one...sorry! g

you could be right, I'm not familiar with the supplements for central states...Iwas quoting our supplements here in the east....I thought this was a national (NMFA) issue, and not a supplemental one...sorry! g
Thanks for informing us on how it is in other conferences. :1036316054: I was only concererned that no one walk out on tenth hour without consulting their own supplement. :1036316054:

G-man, you need to read before giving out advise on this subject..... you are going to get someone fired.

I think you guys need to here the real background on this.

Milwaukee use to be a breakbulk.At the end of 2007 they took the last of the satellite freight and sent it to Chicago to make room for yellow to move in with us.After we lost the satellites it was determined by the union ,through greivences that we would now be labeled a "end of the line terminal" and that we should no longer have the flex work week and that we should work 5 days Monday-Friday.So now we are under the city operation language which states the last 2 shifts on the last day of the week are the clean up crew and can be compelled to work until the work is done.Now,granted having people work 16 hours is totally counter productive but I guess because of so many guys off for deer hunting the company felt they had no other options.Generally on fridays these guys will work any where from 10 -14 hours, which still gets kinda old after a while.

i've been on the "clean-up" shift for 10 years, 12 hrs is the rule and on friday nite unlimited is the rule. 60 hour limit does not apply when on dock, i've filed many greviances on this and lost everyone. i even copied my time cards for a year and sent them to johnson in DC, nothing! when we give them wages back wait and see how much o/t end of lines will be putting in then.... i am a combination employee.

all the dock guys in 313 have cdl's, and the company goes by a 60 hour week for all city employees, so if you go over 60 hrs in 7 days the letter reads per d.o.t. violation, so shouldn't the 14 hr rule be ineffect to!