Yellow | MLW/313 Worked 16 Hours Friday/Sat

as far as the reasons you all give the true thing here is there are to many roadway guys laid off the freight levels for this city OP. end of the line B.S have not changed much at all!!!313 milwaukee so deer hunting/U.E'S/FMLA/ ANY OTHER FREAKING REASONS YOU ALL WANT TO USE CAN GO RIGHT TO THE TRASH CAN!!!!! yes roadway guys not yellow guys!sure inbound slowed down but on average out bound city freight is still well above what the guys down the dock pick up on any givin day yellow corp has killed what once was a dam good CO.to work for i may not have always been happy but i had a job to go to as far as it being a 5 day OP.its not they work guys 7 days a week and the union does nothing about it!!!

There is different work rules in effect here than central as i didn't realize that my state doesn't have a break so the language pertaining to me would be different than
313. my badness forgive me you all, but being forced 2 hrs is understandable but after this clean up shift is done is that EOL barn then considered dark.

There is different work rules in effect here than central as i didn't realize that my state doesn't have a break so the language pertaining to me would be different than
313. my badness forgive me you all, but being forced 2 hrs is understandable but after this clean up shift is done is that EOL barn then considered dark.
Again it depends on what you mean by dark. At one barn I was at if the terminal closed for a few hours then you could designate two clean up shifts. Just can't remember if it was 2 or 4 hours that the place had to be closed. :duh:

i was thinking once the clean up shift was done the operations shut down except the linehaul running in and out dropping and picking up their loads. Here depending on the freight we shut down saturday and open back up sunday morning breaking freight

i was thinking once the clean up shift was done the operations shut down except the linehaul running in and out dropping and picking up their loads. Here depending on the freight we shut down saturday and open back up sunday morning breaking freight
For us clean up is a daily thing. Not just Friday. Stinks but they did'nt invite me to the negotiating table and ignored my suggestons for the NMFA. :nutkick:

I really dont think there is an exclusion for end of the line guys that have to work more than the 2 hour manditory over time im the nmfa . that is a local matter and i believe it should be faught at a national level if you get no support from your locals .
In case no1 knows out there itsl2008 and slavery has been dead a long time

I really dont think there is an exclusion for end of the line guys that have to work more than the 2 hour manditory over time im the nmfa . that is a local matter and i believe it should be faught at a national level if you get no support from your locals .
In case no1 knows out there itsl2008 and slavery has been dead a long time
You don't think? Dog gonnit man find a copy of the Central States Local Cartage supplement then we can argue some more. This WAS negotiated at the international level. And I hate to tell you man, the only reason its NOT called slavery, is your allowed to leave whenever you want. You just won't like the consequense if you do.

Wolf I believe here on the east we have language to what long blades and I are talking about. I think they are in the Bi-State and I'm in Va supplement which both are similuar in language to a degree. I know of a members case that he left after 8 hrs and got discharged, but if he had indicated to the supe prior to his shift 10 hrs is all i can give that day then thats all he is obligated to work. This is in our region supplemental language, hope this clears up this misunderstanding cause you're in the Central andd like you we don't know whats in yours per say and vice versa

Wolf I believe here on the east we have language to what long blades and I are talking about. I think they are in the Bi-State and I'm in Va supplement which both are similuar in language to a degree. I know of a members case that he left after 8 hrs and got discharged, but if he had indicated to the supe prior to his shift 10 hrs is all i can give that day then thats all he is obligated to work. This is in our region supplemental language, hope this clears up this misunderstanding cause you're in the Central andd like you we don't know whats in yours per say and vice versa
Thanks Screwy. What I was trying to get across and, not very well i guess, is that in the central states there is a clean up language and 313 is in C/S. If one at 313 took Long Blades post at face value and walked out there would be hell to pay. He did not specify that he was from another conference altho I suspected he was due to his profile. Some are not so diligent and would read it, take it as gospel, and be calling the BA Monday morning. We too have what we call 8 and skate langauge that can be used only once every thirty days. Thats what makes this forum so good is the members sharing what the know. Just need to be careful with that knowledge. :1036316054: :smilies-19296:

Thanks Screwy. What I was trying to get across and, not very well i guess, is that in the central states there is a clean up language and 313 is in C/S. If one at 313 took Long Blades post at face value and walked out there would be hell to pay. He did not specify that he was from another conference altho I suspected he was due to his profile. Some are not so diligent and would read it, take it as gospel, and be calling the BA Monday morning. We too have what we call 8 and skate langauge that can be used only once every thirty days. Thats what makes this forum so good is the members sharing what the know. Just need to be careful with that knowledge. :1036316054: :smilies-19296:
yes wolf, I said the same thing earlier in this post, because in the east, we have that in our contract......the company can only force you for 2 hours max. OT on an 8 hour shift....anything over that would be purely voluntary......g NO EXCEPTIONS..

I proposed limits on forced OT and NONE WHILE GUYS LAID OFF last contract. Not sure who threw it in the can, but apparently I was the only one thought it a good idea. :soapbox:

i know of a case some years back with a REX brother out of the New England conference, massachuettes I think. He was discharged working the dock after 15 hrs refused to perform a work assignment task. They discharged him for refusing for either breaking a set and bumping the dock with them or building a set. Told the supervisor he was tired and felt he was unsafe to perform the work assignment from working that many hours. They put him on the street for a couple of weeks but got his job back and was made whole again with back pay.

I am getting older now and having alot more"senior moments" now can't remember things like I used to and need to write stuff down. I believe that case did set presendence for our language in the east about the force O/T.

yes wolf, I said the same thing earlier in this post, because in the east, we have that in our contract......the company can only force you for 2 hours max. OT on an 8 hour shift....anything over that would be purely voluntary......g NO EXCEPTIONS..

why do all the locals have different work rules pertaining to the clean up shift?

why do all the locals have different work rules pertaining to the clean up shift?
Because the local rules are just that..local rules. Each barn negotiates rules to fit their particular situation as to past practice, manpower needs, customer specifics, etc. Thus avoiding a 'one-size-fits-all' mandate for local work rules.