Yellow | Money for New Forklift SCALE'S ??

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
So here we go again wasting money , before buying trucks and trailers to del freight ?? at Holland they are putting New Forklift Scale's on all the forklifts for everybody at a cost of millions !!! but we don't have enough trucks & trailers to del or pick up freight ??? WTF , is that kinda like putting the cart before the horse ??? these scales are the biggest waste of money , after you pay for cost of scales & extra OT Pay cost for scaling each bill and cost of fixing them weekly , where can their be any profit to be made ??? guess that is where our pay raise was spend ??? will this company ever get on the right path on what purchases Millions should be spend on ??? but oh yeah keep voting yes ,as we are so broke ????:17113:

W&R puts a lot of money back in the kitty for what they put out.
Ask your W&R guy about how much money the recover from reweighs and wrong classifications of freight. You have no idea how many "Good" customers are screwing you ........

Ask your W&R guy about how much money the recover from reweighs and wrong classifications of freight. You have no idea how many "Good" customers are screwing you ........[/QUOTE Guess I have to disagree with you on how much money is put back in the kitty, after you take the cost of the scales & other costs that go with them ?? and of course they are going to say we make money as it is the pay check of the W&R guy & pay check for the repair guy to come weekly to fix them , and still POINT is maybe we should have trucks & trailers first to pick up and del the freight ???

We make an extra 15,000 a month just on weight correction. That's not including Inspections. Ask your W&I person. You would be surprised how much extra money comes into the company.

Ask your W&R guy about how much money the recover from reweighs and wrong classifications of freight. You have no idea how many "Good" customers are screwing you ........

Actually. Find an LTL carrier that does not have scales on their lifts. And if you do, let me know and I will shoot them. As soon as I find my bullet that is.

Of we are buying scales, how about some scales at EOL's that feel like 25k pounds on a pup is light? Save on the overweight tickets.

We make an extra 15,000 a month just on weight correction. That's not including Inspections. Ask your W&I person. You would be surprised how much extra money comes into the company.

Rather then asking W&I management, since he/she has to rationalize their job, ask a Teamster billing/collections clerk.
All the company is trying to collect, is the $60 reweigh fee.
I was told personally, from a clerk, that once a shipment is billed out, it's extremely hard to collect on an "extra" charge later on.

So here we go again wasting money , before buying trucks and trailers to del freight ?? at Holland they are putting New Forklift Scale's on all the forklifts for everybody at a cost of millions !!! but we don't have enough trucks & trailers to del or pick up freight ??? WTF , is that kinda like putting the cart before the horse ??? these scales are the biggest waste of money , after you pay for cost of scales & extra OT Pay cost for scaling each bill and cost of fixing them weekly , where can their be any profit to be made ??? guess that is where our pay raise was spend ??? will this company ever get on the right path on what purchases Millions should be spend on ??? but oh yeah keep voting yes ,as we are so broke ????:17113:

Didn't YELLOW have an incentive program that rewarded workers and terminals with bonus checks for reweighs? I recall it being quite successful.

Gotta have it for convention freight. No reason to lose an single penny of revenue from that gravy.

Didn't YELLOW have an incentive program that rewarded workers and terminals with bonus checks for reweighs? I recall it being quite successful.

Gotta have it for convention freight. No reason to lose an single penny of revenue from that gravy.

Definitely for convention freight. Many of our scales/glaciers do not work efficiently, even after certification.
Incentive could be deemed a four letter word in the YRC rule book.