Yellow | Money for New Forklift SCALE'S ??

Bet their breaks have them.
Breaks have them, EOL's don't. If the breaks are doing their job properly we don't need them as we do very little freight that does not leave our service area. I always wonder how much of that money they are able to collect. But they can identify the perps and cut them off if they need to.

So here we go again wasting money , before buying trucks and trailers to del freight ?? at Holland they are putting New Forklift Scale's on all the forklifts for everybody at a cost of millions !!! but we don't have enough trucks & trailers to del or pick up freight ??? WTF , is that kinda like putting the cart before the horse ??? these scales are the biggest waste of money , after you pay for cost of scales & extra OT Pay cost for scaling each bill and cost of fixing them weekly , where can their be any profit to be made ??? guess that is where our pay raise was spend ??? will this company ever get on the right path on what purchases Millions should be spend on ??? but oh yeah keep voting yes ,as we are so broke ????:17113:

Wait till they buy cameras for the tractors

Didn't YELLOW have an incentive program that rewarded workers and terminals with bonus checks for reweighs? I recall it being quite successful.

Gotta have it for convention freight. No reason to lose an single penny of revenue from that gravy.

Da Heights (309) had a very successful W&I back in the Big R days. As I recall the incentives were pretty good.
Hey Roadkill340 I know you were around then.

The physical requirements for that job are the best. You need to be able to see, hear, talk, reach, handle, finger and feel. I can do all those things.

It also says you need to be able to carry up to 5 lbs. I can do that too.

each person measuring makes the company over a million dollars. 5 people will make company over 5 million. When on the dock I told the supervisors that I paid my wages. The company did not pay me. At over $50 a weight correction. anything over 4 and you paid yourself to be there. Every single day you work you are worth double your value.

each person measuring makes the company over a million dollars. 5 people will make company over 5 million. When on the dock I told the supervisors that I paid my wages. The company did not pay me. At over $50 a weight correction. anything over 4 and you paid yourself to be there. Every single day you work you are worth double your value.

Many are worth 'double their value' without reweighing a single shipment.

Forklift scales usually pay for themselves in less than 2 months. Quickest return of investment you can have in trucking.

Yes their was a program for reweighs
Were given money to spend at company store.
Yes we had a few chosen dock workers ( The ones with the brown nose's ) that were given Weider pallet loads every night..
Didn't YELLOW have an incentive program that rewarded workers and terminals with bonus checks for reweighs? I recall it being quite successful.

Gotta have it for convention freight. No reason to lose an single penny of revenue from that gravy.

Yeah right.why isn't every single person in local cartage doing it?

Need more scales.
eol terminals need 1 floor scale that's what we had at roadway it worked fine, if you thought it felt heavy weighed it filled out correction slip.The break is where there needed not eol terminals waste of money....

eol terminals need 1 floor scale that's what we had at roadway it worked fine, if you thought it felt heavy weighed it filled out correction slip.The break is where there needed not eol terminals waste of money....

The origin terminal wants the scales so they can have corrected bill cut and get the additional revenue. Always has been as far as I know, who ever corrects weight gets the. $$&&.

Floor scales never worked for long,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,always getting run into..........................

Heck the dock guys at the old terminal ran into the wall of the break room and knocked the cinder blocks down in January one year then complained it was cold when taking their break........................