More givebacks on the way??

xco

TB Lurker
Credits
In a terminal today i seen a letter from the union stating NEMF wanted another 10 percent give back and a 3 year wage increase freeze and wanting to take away overtime for city drivers. Does anyone have any info when the union and Nemf with get together to talk and hash out whats going to happen?? Now before you people bash me check into this first. The letter came from the local in buffalo ny someone else out thier has to no more of the details.

First I've heard any concrete numbers. If this is what they want, they may as well lock the gates tonite, they'll never get that.

The more they beat down the wages, the easier it'll be to find another job.

Damn I wish I'd get a call from the "other place" I applied at so I can put this latest version of the Hindenburg behind me.

P&d drivers kept a eye on your manifest & watch the revenue & see if you think they losing money or not. For example one day I will go out with 7 stops 11,000lbs $1,700. Than next day I will go to food warehouse 17,000lb with $1,000 & take 7 hours to get mt.

I can't wage this week's manifests, with the storm surge this week was crazy. I agree all P&D drivers need to even make copies of their manifests, especially when there is high revenue (over $1500.00). I also would love for some info here from some other terminals on wasteful spending. Let's be civil but strong and united. MS correct your problems first!!!

It did say in the letter i seen they wanted us to pay more for insurance too but i left it out becuase i didn't figure anyone would believe that other stuff since the letter from the union just came out. I tried to call norm s. but he will never call you back i bet MS pays him off real good to lay low.

Who in there right mind would vote yes to anymore give backs!!!! If a vote happens i hope everyone is smart enough to vote NO to the GREEDY FOOL

dont be fooled by the " we'll shut the place down b.s." they were planning those terminal closures without the givebacks last year

If I am correct, NEMF has over 10,000 pieces of equipment and at least 20 terminals. I am also sure the owner of the company is an intelligent man. To pull the plug on that many assets considering the market we are in would mean to "be left holding the bag" with buildings and equipment that would be very difficult to liquidate. I don't think it would be good(or wise) to just halt operations just like that if you are in the business of making money. I must admit, this is one hell of a poker game, but the ramifications of shutting down would be in the tens of millions in losses of personal profit. I'm not much of a betting man, however I do believe this is a bluff. Best of luck guys.:shades:

fis the management problem then talk to me..why is it that other companies pay more and are having no problems and havent taken any pay cuts..r&l,estes,old dominion..if they are doing ok and your gonna tell me were not...take a look at the docks..at my barn they are full even before we get back from our daily runs...and linehaul hasnt even showed up for the night...full trailers going out an dcoming back but were not making ENOUGH money...how about i come in and pay you mike! there are alot of different options for the company and union to work out..lets explore all of them first

From what I hear it's not about if the company is making money or not, that is not what the givebacks and wage freezes are about. There is a little birdie flying around telling tale that there is an offer on the table for AAA Cooper to buy the company. BUT, there is a contingiencie that the mileage rate had to go down to $0.38/CPM. Don't know about the hourly rate for P&D. Suddenly things seem to start making sense.

well..per the owner of the company they have not made money in 2 years.......and it would be smart of him to cut his losses and take the cash and run....AAA cooper, dont know much about them but...all the drivers were worried about conway when the howdy boys took over....whts AAA gonna do???

HERE'S WHAT THERE ALL ABOUT..FAMILY OWNED.......NON-UNION....UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..OHHHHHHHHHHHHH........... A SOUTHERN COMPANY WANTS YOU TO EARN SOUTHERN $$$$
AAA Cooper Transportation ("ACT") is a family owned, non-union, regional less-than-truckload trucking firm serving 12 southeastern states and Puerto Rico plus the industrial areas of Chicago, Cincinnati, Louisville and Minneapolis. ACT has 78 strategically placed terminals in the Southeast to allow our customers to receive next day and two day service between points.

wow thats a new rumor about aaa cooper interested in buying us...just the other day i heard it was our canadian partner that was interested manitoulin transport oh how the rumors they keep going round and round...nobody knows anything concrete untill the owner meets with the union...but the rumors are getting better everyday

Canadians or Johnny Rebs, Whats the difference. I've been here 18 yrs and seen this place go from a small family owned business to a major northeast competitor, who now worries about the bottom line more than the customer. If they would worry about the customer they wouldn't have to worry about the bottom line. If selling out is going to get this company head out of its third point of contact, than so be it, bring it on!