Holland | More Layoffs at Holland

Had a good week in Me. No additional lay offs needed due to most everyone doing the right thing's that keep most of the board working. OT and BPH was in line with our weekly goal's. Believe me, I'm not big on the production thing, but 4 bills an hour is a breeze. GRIZZ

Not entirely sure but I don't think anyone got layer off this week in the city.
Of course they have been calling them on the weekend lately (except for last week)to tell them they are layed off.

We have 25 city laid off in columbus. When our terminal lays off you dont find out till you get your mail on saturday. If their is going to be a lay off that weekend our terminal manager always takes friday off :hide: And to make things even better when our terminal trips the overtime formula the TM calls and tells you that your called back to work but he will not work you at all. So while everyone is working 60 hours a week and signing up and begging for saturday work { and yes you can work saturday in columbus even thro it puts you over your 60 no one seems to care even our own city steward T-- has worked over 60 hours and over 14 hour days} you sit home and wonder why even wait it out? :cuss:

Nobody new, this week, in LO. They got one in the office, a week ago Friday, I forgot to mention that. In the city, they called one back last Monday and now they're calling back another one for this Monday. We have 18 city, 7 road and 1 office still laid off currently.

I work in CO "city" I never seen 60 hrs a week ? & who is T-- you talk about as the Stewart no city Stewart has the letter "T" in there first or last name? ..

I work at AK. Been layed off from LH since last June. Signed over to the city. Got layed off in Sept.
I stopped in last Saturday, saw they had 14 road and 8 city layed off.

Had a good week in Me. No additional lay offs needed due to most everyone doing the right thing's that keep most of the board working. OT and BPH was in line with our weekly goal's. Believe me, I'm not big on the production thing, but 4 bills an hour is a breeze. GRIZZ

Two on the road and one office got laid off Fri 07 - 08

:hide: at ME.

wow r u for real

I work in CO "city" I never seen 60 hrs a week ? & who is T-- you talk about as the Stewart no city Stewart has the letter "T" in there first or last name? ..

I've been laid off for a while so I don't know what people r getting what hours. Nor do I care. BUT you say you are columbus city. I may be laid off but I know who my stewarts are. I'm sure t-- will be glad to know he is not your stewart. :funky::funky:

As far as I know we have 3 Stewarts in the city at CO. with the letters "J.C" "B.F" "R.H"....? can you inform me with the letters ?

Here in Nashville,we have 30 or so layed off in the city and it looks like more coming.Everyone is afraid for their job especially with Christmas right around the corner.I got it 3 weeks ago and have been actively searching for work but there is just nothing out there.

Here in Nashville,we have 30 or so layed off in the city and it looks like more coming.Everyone is afraid for their job especially with Christmas right around the corner.I got it 3 weeks ago and have been actively searching for work but there is just nothing out there.

I am on lay off for the second time this year, I am currently working, there are jobs out there, just not what we are used to. Good luck with your search.

That's alot of the Problem!!!

T,B like i said i dont care if he works a hundred hours his choice and none of my business

That's alot of the Problem!!! PEOPLE JUST DON'T CARE !!! If people don't care how many hours other people are working, then you don't care about the ones that are laid-off. If the ones that are working would try to work no more than 10 hours per day ( I know that sometimes it can't be helped) They (YRC) would have to call some of the laid-off people back. But the problem is that to many people only care about themselves. Where is the "Brotherhood" in "International BROTHERHOOD of Teamsters??:ranting:

You can shoot now, I'm Ducking!!!!

cant afford to shoot

That's alot of the Problem!!! PEOPLE JUST DON'T CARE !!! If people don't care how many hours other people are working, then you don't care about the ones that are laid-off. If the ones that are working would try to work no more than 10 hours per day ( I know that sometimes it can't be helped) They (YRC) would have to call some of the laid-off people back. But the problem is that to many people only care about themselves. Where is the "Brotherhood" in "International BROTHERHOOD of Teamsters??:ranting:

You can shoot now, I'm Ducking!!!!

I've been laid off more than I've worked this year. So unless you"re paying for bullets You're safe. But it's still none of my concern. If what you say is true the more they work the sooner I get called back overtime and all.:chairshot:The chair shoot was free so thats all you get from me.:hysterical:

I believe there is no brotherhood and glue for bounding, I have said before, is the union is only as strong as its membership,get involved go to meetings and voice your opinion, I know we have things to do, but you as person are the only one that can make a differents,and you have a right to know and disagree and remind them that you elected and pay them also. Sounds like with men working over 60hour and then coming in on Saturday for more need to have a blanket party threw for them! GREED!!!!!!! Thanks for thinking about your laid off brothers