Holland | More Layoffs at Holland

Making us rebid in two weeks, 10 percenter's are being added to the bid because several guys that have been laid off recently were 10 percenter's. No reductions as far as total jobs go but they're changing things around again, as usual the Union is allowing them to do this all to often?

We have 25 city laid off in columbus. When our terminal lays off you dont find out till you get your mail on saturday. If their is going to be a lay off that weekend our terminal manager always takes friday off :hide: And to make things even better when our terminal trips the overtime formula the TM calls and tells you that your called back to work but he will not work you at all. So while everyone is working 60 hours a week and signing up and begging for saturday work { and yes you can work saturday in columbus even thro it puts you over your 60 no one seems to care even our own city steward T-- has worked over 60 hours and over 14 hour days} you sit home and wonder why even wait it out? :cuss:

I'm sure not everyone is working 60 hours.

I believe there is no brotherhood and glue for bounding, I have said before, is the union is only as strong as its membership,get involved go to meetings and voice your opinion, I know we have things to do, but you as person are the only one that can make a differents,and you have a right to know and disagree and remind them that you elected and pay them also. Sounds like with men working over 60hour and then coming in on Saturday for more need to have a blanket party threw for them! GREED!!!!!!! Thanks for thinking about your laid off brothers

Deerslayer I wish everyone thought like you, it would help a lot. At my company, work is slowing down so i choose to use vacation days to keep guys at the bottom working.It was done for me when I was at the bottom back when we had the 9/11 situation and i appreciate all those senior drivers that toke time off to keep me and everyone else working.

I work in CO "city" I never seen 60 hrs a week ? & who is T-- you talk about as the Stewart no city Stewart has the letter "T" in there first or last name? ..

Yes there is, he is an alternate, better known as the number one Notre Dame alumni. Last name B-------.

I was told friday night that they brought back 77 road drivers system wide. I was also told that this was to get ready for the change taken place on 7 Dec. So most of the barns that had UE drivers in place have called back some of the laid off road drivers.

I'm sure not everyone is working 60 hours.

Ok give me a break i screwed up not everyone is working 60 hours but they are working enough overtime to trip the formula to call 2 to 3 back a week. The grand total stands at 7 that are recalled back due to the terminal tripping the overtime formula. But the tm has told us you are called back but i am not going to work you. :nutkick:

BV-CH-WH A total of 3 city drivers, 2 office and 4 dockmen laid off. Not sure if any Road. All union positions

Ok give me a break i screwed up not everyone is working 60 hours but they are working enough overtime to trip the formula to call 2 to 3 back a week. The grand total stands at 7 that are recalled back due to the terminal tripping the overtime formula. But the tm has told us you are called back but i am not going to work you. :nutkick:

What good is the overtime formula if it doesn't return men to work. I would like to know if other terms are doing this same abuse or if the men get to work?

What good is the overtime formula if it doesn't return men to work. I would like to know if other terms are doing this same abuse or if the men get to work?
We have NOT had even one driver brought back because of the 25% overtime formula. And we have guys working over 60 hrs. often.(weekly) We have never even been able to get the accurate numbers that are required to get the total overtime numbers for our terminal. It appears that this 25% overtime rule was just put in the contract as "bait" to get more yes votes. And it worked. We have grievances pending on this.

As long as America does not fall into total
anarchy or impose marshal law, there will be a strong need for an LTL
carrier. If you do a total breakdown of all stats between the leading
LTL companies, Con-Way Freight is in a far better position to remain a
high profit, stable safe investment for the long term investor. Just
watch what happens as YRC stock continues to fall. Even if YRC can
manage to avoid closing or bankruptcy, lots of shippers will not feel
safe using a carrier that is on the brink of disaster , especially if
you are a huge corporation that can have upwards of over a million
dollars in freight routed across America at any given time.When this
effect kicks in, bad economy or not, CNW stock will sky rocket.

We have NOT had even one driver brought back because of the 25% overtime formula. And we have guys working over 60 hrs. often.(weekly) We have never even been able to get the accurate numbers that are required to get the total overtime numbers for our terminal. It appears that this 25% overtime rule was just put in the contract as "bait" to get more yes votes. And it worked. We have grievances pending on this.

So it has not been at Committee yet, then let it get there and see if the contract language is upheld....if not...then we can all raise hell.....KK

So it has not been at Committee yet, then let it get there and see if the contract language is upheld....if not...then we can all raise hell.....KK
Yep, we ARE waiting patiently.:1036316054: It sure has been a long delay waiting to get this heard though. The grievance was filed on this back in May if I remember right.