Holland | Mr.Z. fired? True?

Red Star was closed long before the buy out. And for the record, the new president for Holland was the president for Red Star when it as shut down.

He was then miraculously promoted to a CFO position at USFC. He was kept on after the buyout and Mr C was fired from Holland and this Zimmerman was brought in. Now Mr O has moved up again.

Good luck Holland guys, he is a bean counter and a politician.

I still scratch my head & wonder how TNT/USF could turn a family owned union carrier that was debt free & had an O.R. in the 70's & low 80's into a "money losing operation" that USF discarded.

Ex TNT/USF Red Star CEO's : John W-fired, Fred R-fired , Brad J-fired , Steve C- promoted to Holland then fired by YRC & John O'S-promoted to USF & now Holland.

Its too bad that Roadway didn't buy RSEL. At one time we were just as good as NPMF & probably would have prospered just as New Penn has. Instead we were flushed down the crapper by TNT/USF's poor upper management.

Red`Star was making money as late as 2000. We operated at 92 in 99 and 96 in 00. There was a lot to blame with the Red Star shut down, not just poor upper management.

In my opinion the end started when Cam Carruth stepped down and retired as CEO of USF. Dick DiStasio was a politician and never really backed the individual operating groups as well as Carruth did.

You also has the Bob Fasso help in getting Red Star back in the black. He was a big fan of Brad, no matter how much people disliked Brad, he was making money, until Dick cut his legs out from under him.

After that it was all down hill. Upper USF management, Caddy, the IBT all have blood on their hands.

I think you have John O'S, confused with John S. (same last name of the famous 60's TV host that had "A Really Big SHOOW")

Red`Star was making money as late as 2000. We operated at 92 in 99 and 96 in 00. There was a lot to blame with the Red Star shut down, not just poor upper management.

In my opinion the end started when Cam Carruth stepped down and retired as CEO of USF. Dick DiStasio was a politician and never really backed the individual operating groups as well as Carruth did.

You also has the Bob Fasso help in getting Red Star back in the black. He was a big fan of Brad, no matter how much people disliked Brad, he was making money, until Dick cut his legs out from under him.

After that it was all down hill. Upper USF management, Caddy, the IBT all have blood on their hands.

Hey FOTF:chairshot: you forgot to mention the Yellow connection:hysterical: :hysterical:

Corporate ethics were breached here. The excessive alcohol was bad enough but to propose publicly to a woman in sales even if they were a couple left YRC wide open to lawsuits by any saleswomen who feels passed over in promotions wages etc.

We still have 21 city men on layoff in Louisville. All line-haul called back. We're busy, its just upper management playing a lot of games for some reason. It will pass in time, like always.
Hey BH.........just asking, are you guys working OT while guys are laid off?? If you are that's a Yellow thing..........lay off and force OT. DS.

i am out of allentown but out cuz of being sick, hopefully going back tomorrow..am in linehaul but at the bottom of the board..buddy of mine said tonite he heard about road lay offs.........

i am out of allentown but out cuz of being sick, hopefully going back tomorrow..am in linehaul but at the bottom of the board..buddy of mine said tonite he heard about road lay offs.........
Welcome to the boards, wireman.............glad to have ya!! DS.

Hey BH.........just asking, are you guys working OT while guys are laid off?? If you are that's a Yellow thing..........lay off and force OT. DS.

Yes, a lot of forced OT every day. They want us to go slower on our forklifts for safety but they all so want us to get more production done? There are so many silly things going on every day it would be funny if it wasn't so irritating. Oh well, what can you do by file paper and take their money.

I'll ask tomorrow and let you know what I hear Wireman, welcome to Truckingboards. Tell a friend to come and visit with us.

Yes, a lot of forced OT every day. They want us to go slower on our forklifts for safety but they all so want us to get more production done? There are so many silly things going on every day it would be funny if it wasn't so irritating. Oh well, what can you do by file paper and take their money.
Thanks for the info BH. Keep filing............ DS.

thanxs....buddy of mine out allentown told me about this site.......hopefully when i call into central tomorrow they wont give me any bad news.......if so i guess its time to head for the hills...........:1036316054: