Yellow | My 2 cents worth (minus 15%) on why this should be voted down:

Inaction IS a decision! They chose to shirk responsibility because it was lose-lose for the IBT. Everyone seems to forget that they have their own organizational interests to consider separate from YRC and the membership.

What were they going to do? If they endorsed the agreement they were signaling to the entire organization that they're to lazy to negotiate and are willing to accept whatever the company concessions are at face value. Not a valuable story to put on the front of the website.

The second option was to not endorse it and tell us to vote no. Obviously IBT thinks there is some risk of a bankruptcy filing because they didn't want killing 26,000 union jobs on their hands if things happen to go south. This way there is no blood on their hands and if YRC files bankruptcy because of a no vote they can blame it on us because we will have decided our own destiny.

If there were any cowards in this whole mess it would be our representatives in the IBT.

I agree, no commitment from IBT is a decision.

Rather than lead in any way, they are washing their hands.

WE lose either way.

They will have no opinion to express if they return to the table.

They will pat themselves on the back if they do.

Everyone needs to remember the union members said we were not going to accept any more concessions. How much of this was what the banks needed? I think the banks just need a labor deal for the next five years. KK is right you get a bigger cut out of the bonus we all remember 1998. They are trying to divide and conquer. The deal with non cdl employees is awful. I am sure the company would never hire a bunch of non cdl guys to work the dock on inbound and force those guys to driving that were doing it. I will bet they will try to create a non cdl board and a cdl board and then they will work dock with strictly $16 an hour employees. You come in at 7 pm from a peddle and you are going to the house because they got $16 bid men out there to handle it. If we all make the same they can't screw one group and not another. You better read between the lines don't think for a minute they don't. In my barn they lay off work bottom 10% 4 hour guarantee and work casuals alongside them. "You agreed to it in the MOU" is what they say but we were thinking with layoffs they would not work casuals.

Sorry in advance for the long post....But it is necessary.....KK

My 2 cents worth (minus 15%) on why this should be voted down:

1: Do not sell your soul for the “bonus” they are proposing…it is not income to be taxed, it is a bonus that the IRS will tap for a 45% tax and will have to see if you get any back at the end of the year when you file your taxes.

Giving up a raise for April 2014 ($.40 @ 40 hours per week is $832.00 a year) it will be a loss of income of –$82 for that year minimum. (Does Not Count Your OT)

We DO NOT get a raise for the first 2 years. A Bonus is not a raise, it is a carrot on a string.

In April 2015, the same applies EXCEPT, if you have NOT been an “active employee for the prior twelve (12) months, you will get NOTHING in a bonus, due to you being laid off. You can see where this one can be abused…lay off employees in the 4th Q of 2014 and they will save tons on not having to pay you a bonus…. DO NOT BE FOOLED!

2: THERE WILL BE NO WAGE INCREASES for “Clerical employees, non-CDL employees dock employees, janitors, and porters for FIVE (5) YEARS”

If you are a Hostler without a CDL, this will include you too!

We should all stand together and fight this effort of making these Brothers & Sisters a “second-class Teamster! An injury to one is an injury to all!

3: PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS: They will ONLY pay 25% for the 2009 rate until 2019…. 10 YEARS WITHOUT increased contributions!

We have not gotten ANY comments on how Central States and all the other Funds feel about this and what it could do to jeopardize the Pension Funds.

4: HEALTH & WELFARE FUNDS: NO INCREASE IN 2014…2015 ONLY AN INCREASE OF $.35 AND $.50 FOR 2015 BEFORE IT GOES TO $1.00 FOR 2016/2017 & 2018…. Who do you think will make up the difference if this is passed and the Funds come up short during these 5 years? You and I because the members voted it in and the Employer will NOT be responsible for ANYTHING outside of what was voted in! DON’T BE FOOLED!

5: Profit Sharing Bonuses: SERIOUSLY? I wont go there!

6; CONTRACT MODIFICATIONS:

Attendance Policy…. There is not a set time for this to roll off your record in this MOU, no 6 or 9 months in writing…Do YOU want to be the one who has to be discharged because of something that was on your attendance records from a year ago and wait on the SLOW MOU Grievance process to decide? DON’T BE FOOLED!

VACATIONS; You will LOSE part of your vacation check that you worked hard for! Changing the formula will be an loss of a minimum of $100 per week for local cartage and an average of $130 per week for a road driver based just on an average of $65K a year…some will loose even more…SEE NOW WHO IS PAYING FOR THAT $750 BONUS??

7:. PURCHASED TRANSPORTATION:

This voting to give YOUR WORK AWAY…6% of Linehaul work will be allowed to be sub-contracted out between Distribution Centers, while you are sitting home…but you will be “red circled” and cannot be laid-off…That is to make us feel better?

This combined with intermodal miles will have a total of 26% of YOUR work being farmed out under Article 29 of the NMFA. This will give them the right to run over another road domicile and only the original point of the trip will have its drivers protected…. any other relay terminal in between with a road domicile WILL NOT BE PROTECTED, example…Charlotte, NC could run directly over Atlanta and Jackson, MS to Dallas, TX with a sub-contractor and ONLY the Charlotte drivers would be protected, if their board is exhausted in Charlotte it would not even matter there!

They already have set up a “National PTS Committee to handle any disputes with the drivers…why? If there were going to go by their own rules, there should not be any disputes, should they? Just what we need, another Committee to slow down our rights to a grievance decision even more!

THIS WAS NOT NEGOTIATED BY THE IBT…. this is a unilateral proposal that the company has given to the IBT for consideration for a vote. It was said in the meeting that it will be sent to the members, ‘so they could decide their own destiny”…what a bunch of BS….WE PAY UNION DUES to protect our workplace rights and work and to have OUR DESTINY protected by those we trust to do so….Not send this crap to members who see the things like “bonuses” and do not look at the big picture here.

VOTE THIS DOWN, and send out UNION to the table with YRCW and do some REAL NEGOTIATIONS TO PROTECT OUR DESTINY!

DO NOT BE FOOLED…VOTE NO!

KK, very good post... I agree.. I also agree that this crap should never be sent to us members... We have members that probably have YRCW tattoo'd to their AS_ES!!

"We DO NOT get a raise for the first 2 years. A Bonus is not a raise, it is a carrot on a string."

1. Term. The Agreement for the Restructuring of the YRC Worldwide Inc.Operating Companies (the “Restructuring Agreement”), the 2008-2013 National Master
Freight Agreement and applicable Supplements (the “NMFA”), and the USF Reddaway
Western Contract and Northwest Agreement (“Reddaway Agreements”) shall be
extended from March 31, 2015 until March 31, 2019, subject to the modifications set
forth below.

Talk about pulling a fast one!
I understand extending the current contract, but, do you see what they did here with 2014? That is our current contract, and ,they just broke it by not honoring the raise schedule that was previously agreed to!

"All wage and mileage increases will be subject to the 15% reduction outlined in the
Restructuring Agreement. There shall be no hourly or equivalent mileage rate increase in
2014. There shall be no wage increases for clerical employees, non-CDL dock
employees, maintenance employees, janitors, and porters for the term of this Extension
Agreement. Shop mechanics will receive the above wage increases."

One more time, you are NOT taxed at 45% on the bonus. It's possible that a higher percentage of withholding is taken out when you get the bonus paid to you but it is ABSOLUTELY included as normal income when you file your tax return and will be TAXED at the same rate as all your other salary. I don't know why this misinformation is still passing around.

How about this......... When you get the check for the $750 it will be taxed at 42 percent on that check...........When you file your taxes at the end of the year it will be taxed at the regular rate you are paying.

About the same as your sick days, If you ever gotten a payout at the end of the year.......

How about this......... When you get the check for the $750 it will be taxed at 42 percent on that check...........When you file your taxes at the end of the year it will be taxed at the regular rate you are paying.

About the same as your sick days, If you ever gotten a payout at the end of the year.......

One last time and then I give up. What's taken from your pay/bonus/etc. every pay period is WITHHOLDING not TAX. It's what the company deducts and sends to the IRS so that they get payments on an approximation of what your actual TAX will be when you file. Your TAX is calculated at the time you file your tax return when your total earnings are known. The company makes the decision to take out some percentage on your behalf but that is not the actual TAX you end up paying on that amount. That's it, I'm done with the topic, think what you will.

750×26, 000.00 equals 19, 500, 000.00.doesnt YRC need that to make some payments next year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Restful

No, I just play one on TV. :smile:

Why do you ask? Do you have to be a CPA to be able to read and comprehend? Maybe then I am a CPA and didn't know it!

And here I thought you slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night! :notworthy::hysterical:

looking forward to collecting unemployment time to close the doors and end it now instead of trying to get 5 more years and then they close it other then would have been nice to get my 22 years paid in lol

The bonus is them saying thank you for letting us screw you again! Now go get your shine box and don't even think about getting sick with no sick days left!

Sorry in advance for the long post....But it is necessary.....KK

My 2 cents worth (minus 15%) on why this should be voted down:

1: Do not sell your soul for the “bonus” they are proposing…it is not income to be taxed, it is a bonus that the IRS will tap for a 45% tax and will have to see if you get any back at the end of the year when you file your taxes.

Giving up a raise for April 2014 ($.40 @ 40 hours per week is $832.00 a year) it will be a loss of income of –$82 for that year minimum. (Does Not Count Your OT)

We DO NOT get a raise for the first 2 years. A Bonus is not a raise, it is a carrot on a string.

In April 2015, the same applies EXCEPT, if you have NOT been an “active employee for the prior twelve (12) months, you will get NOTHING in a bonus, due to you being laid off. You can see where this one can be abused…lay off employees in the 4th Q of 2014 and they will save tons on not having to pay you a bonus…. DO NOT BE FOOLED!

2: THERE WILL BE NO WAGE INCREASES for “Clerical employees, non-CDL employees dock employees, janitors, and porters for FIVE (5) YEARS”

If you are a Hostler without a CDL, this will include you too!

We should all stand together and fight this effort of making these Brothers & Sisters a “second-class Teamster! An injury to one is an injury to all!

3: PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS: They will ONLY pay 25% for the 2009 rate until 2019…. 10 YEARS WITHOUT increased contributions!

We have not gotten ANY comments on how Central States and all the other Funds feel about this and what it could do to jeopardize the Pension Funds.

4: HEALTH & WELFARE FUNDS: NO INCREASE IN 2014…2015 ONLY AN INCREASE OF $.35 AND $.50 FOR 2015 BEFORE IT GOES TO $1.00 FOR 2016/2017 & 2018…. Who do you think will make up the difference if this is passed and the Funds come up short during these 5 years? You and I because the members voted it in and the Employer will NOT be responsible for ANYTHING outside of what was voted in! DON’T BE FOOLED!

5: Profit Sharing Bonuses: SERIOUSLY? I wont go there!

6; CONTRACT MODIFICATIONS:

Attendance Policy…. There is not a set time for this to roll off your record in this MOU, no 6 or 9 months in writing…Do YOU want to be the one who has to be discharged because of something that was on your attendance records from a year ago and wait on the SLOW MOU Grievance process to decide? DON’T BE FOOLED!

VACATIONS; You will LOSE part of your vacation check that you worked hard for! Changing the formula will be an loss of a minimum of $100 per week for local cartage and an average of $130 per week for a road driver based just on an average of $65K a year…some will loose even more…SEE NOW WHO IS PAYING FOR THAT $750 BONUS??

7:. PURCHASED TRANSPORTATION:

This voting to give YOUR WORK AWAY…6% of Linehaul work will be allowed to be sub-contracted out between Distribution Centers, while you are sitting home…but you will be “red circled” and cannot be laid-off…That is to make us feel better?

This combined with intermodal miles will have a total of 26% of YOUR work being farmed out under Article 29 of the NMFA. This will give them the right to run over another road domicile and only the original point of the trip will have its drivers protected…. any other relay terminal in between with a road domicile WILL NOT BE PROTECTED, example…Charlotte, NC could run directly over Atlanta and Jackson, MS to Dallas, TX with a sub-contractor and ONLY the Charlotte drivers would be protected, if their board is exhausted in Charlotte it would not even matter there!

They already have set up a “National PTS Committee to handle any disputes with the drivers…why? If there were going to go by their own rules, there should not be any disputes, should they? Just what we need, another Committee to slow down our rights to a grievance decision even more!

THIS WAS NOT NEGOTIATED BY THE IBT…. this is a unilateral proposal that the company has given to the IBT for consideration for a vote. It was said in the meeting that it will be sent to the members, ‘so they could decide their own destiny”…what a bunch of BS….WE PAY UNION DUES to protect our workplace rights and work and to have OUR DESTINY protected by those we trust to do so….Not send this crap to members who see the things like “bonuses” and do not look at the big picture here.

VOTE THIS DOWN, and send out UNION to the table with YRCW and do some REAL NEGOTIATIONS TO PROTECT OUR DESTINY!

DO NOT BE FOOLED…VOTE NO!

KK.. Without a doubt that was the most informative post I have come across..Absolutely excellent how you evaluated 652 thousand pages and condensed it to 8 key outlines..Excellent.. Superb..Perfect..

As I said before.. "Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety..Deserve neither liberty nor safety..".. Semper in Cordibus Nostris Benjamin Franklin

One more time, you are NOT taxed at 45% on the bonus. It's possible that a higher percentage of withholding is taken out when you get the bonus paid to you but it is ABSOLUTELY included as normal income when you file your tax return and will be TAXED at the same rate as all your other salary. I don't know why this misinformation is still passing around.

"Here are TWO piles of CRAP! Which one do you want to eat?"

The fact of the matter is, $750 is a low-ball offer. It's a pacifier that the company is hoping to ram in your mouth to shut you up! Who CARES if it's taxed??? It's GARBAGE. You're arguing with a Brother whether or not there are going to be PEANUTS in the TURD. Maybe you can tell us whether or not the corn kernels are canned corn or straight from corn off the cob?

A company once had a job it offered to two men. The work was the same for each man. The contract was for 8 hours of labor per day, 5 days per week and for a period of 4 weeks or one month respectively. The company offered to pay the individuals one of two ways. The first way they offered to pay the laborers was a flat $750.00 per 5-day work period. The second way the company offered to pay the individuals was payment of a penny for the first day's labor and multiply the day's wage by two for the following day's labor. Each consecutive day's wage would be multiplied by 2 for a period of 28 days, respectively. Monday's pay would be based off of doubling Friday's pay.
A "laborer" is going to break down the $750.00 by dividing the amount by 40, or the hours he's required to work that week. $18.75 / hour is not a bad wage for light manual labor.
A "laborer" is also going to look at the SURFACE offer of ONE PENNY for the first day's labor, get offended, and arrogantly pass on the second wage proposal.
You know your tax laws, do you know how to use a calculator?

The fact of the matter is the company is ROBBING its employees. They did it once and they are poised to do it again.
The company is stealing candy from babies!!! Robbing its employees is another revenue source!!!
Turn this offer DOWN! Turn them ALL down! The YRCW should be considering OUR offer to them. We WANT to work. We have strong friendships with many of our shipping managers. We enjoy seeing them, talking to them, and hauling their freight.
Let's see what counter-offer our UNION makes? THAT offer will tell us if our leaders have the strength to lead this union to the wages we deserve.
United we stand, divided we beg.
This is the United States of America, isn't it?
It could have EASILY been the United States of Great Britain had a group of individuals not grown tired of tyranny.
We are working under tyranny.
We conceded to their first offer and the company STILL isn't out of debt. This one ain't helping either!
Vote No!

BS! I, myself, witnessed the "bonus" check! Would you like a copy of mine?
My "BONER" check in the past, was indeed taxed at the "gift" tax rate of 45%, if not more!
Please submit your own boner check experience today OR I will submit my copy from 10 years ago!

BS! I, myself, witnessed the "bonus" check! Would you like a copy of mine?
My "BONER" check in the past, was indeed taxed at the "gift" tax rate of 45%, if not more!
Please submit your own boner check experience today OR I will submit my copy from 10 years ago!

I have no clue how the IRS handled it back when Lincoln was president but you're welcome to post any pictures you like. :smile:

PS - Your check stub shows how much was WITHHELD, not how much TAX you actually ended up paying. That wasn't known till you filed your year end tax return. Darn, I said I wouldn't make any more comments about this and you got me!!