Yellow | My 2 cents worth (minus 15%) on why this should be voted down:

Any one else get a pre recorded call from Welch today about a conference call tomorrow (Sunday Dec 8) explaining this proposal and a question Answer session ? :kicking:

Any one else get a pre recorded call from Welch today about a conference call tomorrow (Sunday Dec 8) explaining this proposal and a question Answer session ? :kicking:
Got my call as well.......... Wait I also got a call from the witholding office (I would have said tax, but trip don't like that word) LOL

They'll just issue more shares and have the stockholders pay it. If you look into the details it states YRC will issue new shares thru an accounting firm on the effective date of the agreement. I don't remember the exact amount, 3 million I think.So if the price drops to $7 because of the dilution thats $21 million. They have change left over!!
750×26, 000.00 equals 19, 500, 000.00.doesnt YRC need that to make some payments next year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
New Stock Issuance to Pay for Bone-us

The 3 million shares # actually came from "Kansas City Business Journal" article on Friday. It says the money is to pay down debt but its all from the same coffer. I'd guess on April 15th, 2015 when the next bone-us is due they'll issue another 3 million shares! Vote No!!

One more time, you are NOT taxed at 45% on the bonus. It's possible that a higher percentage of withholding is taken out when you get the bonus paid to you but it is ABSOLUTELY included as normal income when you file your tax return and will be TAXED at the same rate as all your other salary. I don't know why this misinformation is still passing around.

I believe the federal is taxed at 23% and then had in your state and Fica taxes.. I know because the last sick day I got was $100 and change take home and that was for eight hours... It would also depend on how many dependents you have.. But anybody that thinks a bonus check is a good thing needs to check their medications..

52 weeks at $405 a week for unemployment equals $21,010 per year. Medical at (lets be optimistic), $800 for a substandard family plan equals $9600 per year. Enjoy your $11410 per year salary for maybe two years. As far as the split wages, if you are a reasonable person, you would see that the guy that drives the truck (and is subject to the random drug tests, physicals, and if he has an accident he gets fired) DESERVES to make more money than the tow motor jockey! I have done the dock job! You f up freight- whatever...You want to smoke weed- whatever. Look, I hate this. I feel the international couldn't have done any less. The question is, do you want to play high stakes poker with you and your family's way of life? My answer is, no. I continue to look for other employment that will pay me the same or more. I look for a place where I will be happy to report to every day. From personal experience, it's always easier to find another job while you still have a job. As for you dock guys, let me know where you can find a $21 an hour job with no pay medical- I'll be the first to apply!!

52 weeks at $405 a week for unemployment equals $21,010 per year. Medical at (lets be optimistic), $800 for a substandard family plan equals $9600 per year. Enjoy your $11410 per year salary for maybe two years. As far as the split wages, if you are a reasonable person, you would see that the guy that drives the truck (and is subject to the random drug tests, physicals, and if he has an accident he gets fired) DESERVES to make more money than the tow motor jockey! I have done the dock job! You f up freight- whatever...You want to smoke weed- whatever. Look, I hate this. I feel the international couldn't have done any less. The question is, do you want to play high stakes poker with you and your family's way of life? My answer is, no. I continue to look for other employment that will pay me the same or more. I look for a place where I will be happy to report to every day. From personal experience, it's always easier to find another job while you still have a job. As for you dock guys, let me know where you can find a $21 an hour job with no pay medical- I'll be the first to apply!!

I don't think unemployment is 52 weeks anymore either. In many places it's been cut back to 26 weeks.

This is a big scam on America and the American worker. This is a scam on all UNION MEMBERS, not just YRCW employees. Big corperations are getting away with driving down the standards of being a middle class American worker in the USA. It is a race to a substandard wage in the once proud profession of trucking. Proud to be Union since 1981 CFWY YRCW Shop steward now retired encourages you to send this back to YRCW as a NO VOTE. Don't sell your self out short for the next 6 long years. Local 952

Last edited by a moderator:
$750 Signing Bonus Is A Sick Joke!

The $750 "signing bonus" is a slap-in-the-face to all Teamster employees at YRCW! How gullible does Welch and his P.R. firm think Teamster employees are?!

:hissyfit::wtflol:

I have no clue how the IRS handled it back when Lincoln was president but you're welcome to post any pictures you like. :smile:

PS - Your check stub shows how much was WITHHELD, not how much TAX you actually ended up paying. That wasn't known till you filed your year end tax return. Darn, I said I wouldn't make any more comments about this and you got me!!

You said you were done commenting on this............TIME TO SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE.

Spoken like a true union brother. I deserve it more? Kick rocks! Pay freeze for one pay freeze for all!! No second class Teamsters!!!

Do you think all the freight will just disappear??? Someone is going to haul it, they will need drivers.
They already screwed my family for about a third of my home value.

NO MORE MONEY UNTIL THEY HAVE A REAL PLAN FOR TURNING THIS P.O.S. CORPORATION AROUND!!!!!!!

i try and not post but sometimes i have to you dont pay for a job!!!!! except hear i was no union for a long time i always wanted to be union got the job now i pay to have it every week never seen this in the app so this junk they sent out is bad dont let your wife see the 750 as oh wow we can get tires on the car vot no we pay enough for this job

Spoken like a true union brother. I deserve it more? Kick rocks! Pay freeze for one pay freeze for all!! No second class Teamsters!!!
Uh, let's see. Damage customer freight while stripping or stacking, a dock man gets a warning letter. Damage ANYTHING as a driver get fired. Drink and drive your personal vehicle, driver looses job, dock man keeps working. A driver is REQUIRED to maintain a fully endorsed CDL. Those FBI background checks cost drivers around $100 OF OUR OWN MONEY every time we renew our CDL. Road drivers work an average 55 hours per week for no overtime.
Everyone from the CEO to the janitors choose the path on which they now tread. The ability to operate a CMV on the street is worth more to trucking companies than the ability to operate a forklift on a dock. Every category of employee contributes. But some DO provide more value. And everyone should be justly compensated. I support giving some of the proposed raise to ALL employees. But I do not accept or believe every employee should be paid the same. If that bothers you, I'm sorry but that won't change my opinion.

You're right Kk also your pay increase is $1500-2000+/ yr just like previous lump sum , if you have 5,10,15,20+ to go multiply that amt by years left & see how many thousands you're giving up plus being taxed at gift rate, also you would need to have had 7 1/2 yrs at the time this began ( can't remember if pension vesting is 10 still or was changed to 5)if 10,17.5 yrs with company to be vested , if 5 , 12.5, but pension will be bankrupt at end of this, it's time we draw the line in the sand & unite & stand like teamsters once did

I have not commented on the Trucking Boards for a long time. I am on lay off and I don't really think I will EVER get a call back. I'm not "walking in the shoes" of the men and women having to deal with this current situation. I have done my best to put the twenty-three year investment into Roadway/YRC behind me. It hasn't been easy. Believe it or not, there are employers out there that resent you for being in a union! Employers really aren't looking to hire people on their 40's and 50's. Starting over is not easy and for every person on here wanting to, "close the doors" be careful what you wish for.

BUT, I do have an opinion on this issue. We made concessions to YRC in an effort to save our good jobs and to save our company. There is a REASON a person strives to work a UNION job. The benefits are better. There are work rules to protect our jobs and our work. WE HAVE ALL SACRIFICED FOR THOSE ADVANTAGES! Our union representatives are a "reflection" of our membership. Let me say that again, " Our union representatives are a "reflection" of our membership." For every (1) person here on the Trucking Boards sharing their opinions on the subject, there are MANY MORE at every terminal just trying to make a paycheck. They are a part of the union too. We all know this is the truth. We hate to admit it, but it's true. Our daily work places are a reflection of our society.

YRC wants more and many of us feel OUR union is doing NOTHING to protect us! Many on the Trucking Boards feel betrayed by YRC AND THE UNION! I say we're the MINORITY! Sure, there are plenty of people back at your home terminals shouting at the top of their lungs about this injustice; but when it comes time to vote, their ballot will not get mailed. It probably won't even get opened.

So what's my point? I believe this proposal will pass; not because I think it's a good thing or the right thing but because there are far too many "members" that are just trying to get by. They're not going to vote, but if they do, they will vote yes. For every location where the union is strong, there are ten places where it's an after thought. This is who our union is representing. The membership wants their jobs; even if it means giving up more to protect their security for now............