ABF | MY VOTE IS NO

thank god....I was beginning to think I had a problem (at least that is what I was told). LMFAO
:lmao: :438::lmao:

Logistics is one of the few industries where the deciding factor for most customers is price. Every other industry is "you get what you pay for" and references. They're all under bidding each other and with the OMs being what they are, every company is a few bad decisions from being in the red. It's why so many companies shutdown.

The other factor is that every company is for sale, they just haven't found a buyer yet.

Yep my feeling are the same. For me the first year raise of $3.50 doesnt bug me. What does is the last 4 years of only .75$ each year.

The cola uncapped is good. But there is no guarantee we will see a extra raise from this. They can easily afford better than this but only offer chump change instead.

And all new hires are really getting screwed. This is a concession contract for them. Sheez
You should hope we don’t see a cola adjustment!
That’s inflation on top of inflation!
We lose!

Really? I have to explain this to you? Their job is to give me the least amount possible, so they will try everything they can to do that, even deception...when you buy a used car do you trust your salesman to tell you everything? Even the bad things? I certainly hope you don't trust your employer, because when its convenient for them they will throw you under the bus to save themselves....
Why did I just think of “in-cab cameras?

How are things going in HotLanta my friend???
We are doing good brother. I was going to retire in October but I'm rethinking my decision in light of this contract. I was originally going to stay until age 67, then I decided on retiring at age 62, then age 60. Now I'm back to retiring at age 62 with this contract. My friend I just can't seem to make a decision on when to retire...........How are you doing? Still working the yard?

We are doing good brother. I was going to retire in October but I'm rethinking my decision in light of this contract. I was originally going to stay until age 67, then I decided on retiring at age 62, then age 60. Now I'm back to retiring at age 62 with this contract. My friend I just can't seem to make a decision on when to retire...........How are you doing? Still working the yard?
Yeah….just started my 29th year and I am looking at a couple more years myself. Any news from your Local on the vote count yet?
Good to hear from you brother!!!

Really? I have to explain this to you? Their job is to give me the least amount possible, so they will try everything they can to do that, even deception...when you buy a used car do you trust your salesman to tell you everything? Even the bad things? I certainly hope you don't trust your employer, because when its convenient for them they will throw you under the bus to save themselves....
And this IMHO is where a union does their best work
For the union vs non-union arguments that pop up everywhere, if the goal is to keep management honest they’ll still have a purpose

Although the in cab camera thing was a big loss of faith in the gonads of teamsters

And this IMHO is where a union does their best work
For the union vs non-union arguments that pop up everywhere, if the goal is to keep management honest they’ll still have a purpose

Although the in cab camera thing was a big loss of faith in the gonads of teamsters
Not sure I'm understanding what you meant by the in-cab camera thing. The union keeping them out for at least the next 5yrs is a good thing IMHO. I'm sure it took plenty of gonads to fight to keep them out. The company waited till just after the last contract was signed, to try and get them in through the back door. So, If I miss read or didn't understand what I read, then I apologize.