ABF | MY VOTE IS NO

Well the company isn't going to come back with a worse offer that's one way they won't be reacting. 🙃 not sure about any others
They will. You will see a huge signing bonus now and another payment somewhere. Whether it be less pension contributions or employee paid healthcare.

If this fails, it will be the biggest mistake we make.

We'll never make up the money offered today.

They will. You will see a huge signing bonus now and another payment somewhere. Whether it be less pension contributions or employee paid healthcare.

If this fails, it will be the biggest mistake we make.

We'll never make up the money offered today.
To my understanding we don't have a count yet. I think it will squeak by... we were no voters but only news we have out of Denver is very low turnout.

To my understanding we don't have a count yet. I think it will squeak by... we were no voters but only news we have out of Denver is very low turnout.
Do you think a squeaker sends the right message to the Company that we are a willing partner to work with? That's what we were discussing at our barn.

Do you think a squeaker sends the right message to the Company that we are a willing partner to work with? That's what we were discussing at our barn.
Maybe they should have sent out a better contract 🤔 🤷 Bunch of the people who did not show up in Denver were going to be No voters. Company should be happy with the squeak if they get it. A win is still a win

They were gonna be no votes, yet didn’t take the time to show up?
Yup but some of them had to drive from other side of state and some from Wyoming I'm not really sure heard the whole thing was somewhere around 50 percent. Guess they weren't as committed to no as some. My husband paid for lunch for anyone who would show up to vote. Even yes voters

Maybe they should have sent out a better contract 🤔 🤷 Bunch of the people who did not show up in Denver were going to be No voters. Company should be happy with the squeak if they get it. A win is still a win
What would have made a better contract for you

Retirees can't vote. I also gave some of MHO as to why I would have voted no, if I was still working. After being in the teamsters for 40 years and going through lord knows how many contracts, I'd like to think I learned a few things.
And I haven’t been through anything. Ty for your input. Thirty years in the union and im still a newbie. Vote NO! The retiree has spoken

What would have made a better contract for you
Improving the OR Bonus formula instead of making it harder to reach. Dropping the 1% payout to a 93 or better OR instead of the 96 or better OR for the 1% payout we currently have was a mistake In my opinion. And now, to reach the 3% payout, the OR ratio has to be an 89 or lower instead of 93 or lower. If the company is achieving OR numbers like that, they should be rewarding the hard work of the employees that helped them achieve those numbers. Not making the formula more difficult to reach it.
I liked most of what was offered, but that was a slap in the face to me!!!

I bet that was changed to make up for the .75 cent raise the last 4 years in contract
I also thought the dock only casuals got screwed!!!
A .25-cent raise each year of the contract is a joke. Why would a quality dock only casual hang around for that kind of pay.
And, if they are in the Union in good standing, they get a vote too.
And their vote can make a difference just like yours and mine!!!

You claim you don't trust them yet you still work for them... Make it make sense...
I don’t trust politicians!!!
Yet I still vote.
I don’t have full trust in the company either. That is why I pay my dues to the Teamsters for representation and to get the fantastic healthcare because of the wife’s health issues.
If not for the Teamsters, I seriously doubt that the company would be paying what they do for our benefits.
So, you could say I don’t trust the company to do the right thing all of the time. But when they don’t, I do trust the Teamsters to correct it if there is contract language to support my complaint.
Does it make sense now?

I don’t trust politicians!!!
Yet I still vote.
I don’t have full trust in the company either. That is why I pay my dues to the Teamsters for representation and to get the fantastic healthcare because of the wife’s health issues.
If not for the Teamsters, I seriously doubt that the company would be paying what they do for our benefits.
So, you could say I don’t trust the company to do the right thing all of the time. But when they don’t, I do trust the Teamsters to correct it if there is contract language to support my complaint.
Does it make sense now?
I get the health issue and needing the insurance. But to stay for so long and appear bitter is a bad look for anyone. Other jobs pay more and have similar healthcare. Yet here you are. The contradiction doesn't make sense. That's all.

So many people have bitterness against the Company because some foreman or TM from years past that aren't even with the Company anymore did something. Something they'll never let go of. It's sad to see a man broken by someone who doesn't even remember them.

Improving the OR Bonus formula instead of making it harder to reach. Dropping the 1% payout to a 93 or better OR instead of the 96 or better OR for the 1% payout we currently have was a mistake In my opinion. And now, to reach the 3% payout, the OR ratio has to be an 89 or lower instead of 93 or lower. If the company is achieving OR numbers like that, they should be rewarding the hard work of the employees that helped them achieve those numbers. Not making the formula more difficult to reach it.
I liked most of what was offered, but that was a slap in the face to me!!!
Appreciate the response. These are the answers we need. Not "Because!".

Do you think the high achievement and unattainable bonuses were the trade off for the high start on the money side? The give-amlnd-take?

Appreciate the response. These are the answers we need. Not "Because!".

Do you think the high achievement and unattainable bonuses were the trade off for the high start on the money side? The give-amlnd-take?
I think the $641-million in operating income earned over the last two years by ABF was the reason for the $3.50 first year offer. I think the OR bonus scale being lowered was a trade off to get the COLA cap removed.
The COLA cap cost us a .60-cent raise (due to inflation) for 2021 that we would have received in 2022 and every year after by contract language. The OR Bonus was a way for the employees to share in the good fortune of the companies profitable years. Not something you get every year, but on the good years, you profit along with the company. By making the OR Bonus Scale harder to reach shows me that the company does not care enough about its employees to reward them for a job well done. Chances are good that by removing the COLA cap, we won‘t see that kind of CPI-W numbers increase to that level again for a long time. A .10 to .15-cent raise here or there is more what that will achieve every so often. But, if your average earning were let’s say $80,000 a year, that OR Bonus made you about $6400.00 for 2019 thru 2022 (1% the first two years and 3% the last two years of that cycle).
With this new OR Bonus Scale, we will be lucky to reach the 1% goal maybe once or twice over the next five years. This is just my opinion of course!!!

You claim you don't trust them yet you still work for them... Make it make sense...
Really? I have to explain this to you? Their job is to give me the least amount possible, so they will try everything they can to do that, even deception...when you buy a used car do you trust your salesman to tell you everything? Even the bad things? I certainly hope you don't trust your employer, because when its convenient for them they will throw you under the bus to save themselves....

What is always sad is those who don't take the time to vote. The companies always love them because it's a YES vote.