ABF | MY VOTE IS NO

Really? I have to explain this to you? Their job is to give me the least amount possible, so they will try everything they can to do that, even deception...when you buy a used car do you trust your salesman to tell you everything? Even the bad things? I certainly hope you don't trust your employer, because when its convenient for them they will throw you under the bus to save themselves....
I usually don't do business where deceit is the norm. I do understand however that an edge is expected. So you look for what's be gained and by whom.

What does the Company gain in a world full of "help-wanted" ads by paying the lowest and offering no perks?

If your work environment is such that you can't trust the guy next to you, you have a problem.

When 47% of ups small pack voted on the last contract and 54% was a no vote, but under the Hoffa leadership the union pushed the contract through because not enough people voted and they had the power to do so the non votes became yes votes
Good post "Jimmy", a lot of members don't realize this. I can't recall where this is written, I think it's at the IBT level ( maybe the ROCK knows).

I never could understand why members didn't vote, and it's usually the non-voters are the first to complain. I remember when that contract

was implemented and how upset the rank and file was upset at the IBT. When they complained to me, I would just remind them that their

non-voting co-workers created the problem, and don't blame the IBT for you actions.

Good post "Jimmy", a lot of members don't realize this. I can't recall where this is written, I think it's at the IBT level ( maybe the ROCK knows).

I never could understand why members didn't vote, and it's usually the non-voters are the first to complain. I remember when that contract

was implemented and how upset the rank and file was upset at the IBT. When they complained to me, I would just remind them that their

non-voting co-workers created the problem, and don't blame the IBT for you actions.

IMG_1938.md.jpeg IMG_1936.md.jpeg

I usually don't do business where deceit is the norm. I do understand however that an edge is expected. So you look for what's be gained and by whom.

What does the Company gain in a world full of "help-wanted" ads by paying the lowest and offering no perks?

If your work environment is such that you can't trust the guy next to you, you have a problem.
I do realize that we aren't going to agree, but I'm going to correct a few things here....I never said I don't trust the guy next to me, that is a total fabrication on your part to bolster your position......but I will say Nope I don't trust the company....in my opinion that would be foolish, their agenda and mine are on opposite sides of the spectrum....for every dollar they don't give to the employees, that is money for them, it's as simple as that....

When 47% of ups small pack voted on the last contract and 54% was a no vote, but under the Hoffa leadership the union pushed the contract through because not enough people voted and they had the power to do so the non votes became yes votes
Well, that's only a 25% yes vote.

I do realize that we aren't going to agree, but I'm going to correct a few things here....I never said I don't trust the guy next to me, that is a total fabrication on your part to bolster your position......but I will say Nope I don't trust the company....in my opinion that would be foolish, their agenda and mine are on opposite sides of the spectrum....for every dollar they don't give to the employees, that is money for them, it's as simple as that....

I spend plenty of time working for me and I can't trust me to not screw me over in one way or another :lmao:

This isn't the job market of the past. We're in the era of self preservation and compromise and that's on both ends.

No, I don't trust my employer. That doesn't mean they have bad intentions, it just means we have different priorities. My priority is my household, their priority is the business.

From what I'm seeing, Yellow used to be the gold standard, but look where they are now. If it can happen there (and countless companies before them) it can happen anywhere. Never trust your employer.