XPO | NAKED Earthworm

10% action and 90% reaction...
what's this mean for us?
take any of the changes that have occurred in the last six months with our company and consider the variance of opinions and actions of your fellow workers. Same action, but what a wide variety of reaction. For some you get no response, others go off the deep end and start screaming about a second shooter and a grassy knoll. Organizational change causes stress, anxiety, anger, and stimulates the rumor mill. The success of this forum proves it!

Since the inception of the Con-Way family in 1983, our success has deep roots in the ability to adjust and change as needed. Due to the economy ALL LTL companies have profitability worries. Our company elects to be proactive instead of reactive. The next three months will be interesting for the whole industry. Everyone in the city operation sees it... how many other carrier's drivers are empty by noon - one o'clock and just sitting waiting for pickups? What's this do for their operating ratio?

The senior management of this company have financial compensation through incentives and stock options. Bottom line, they make lots of money when we make money because the stockholders make money. No collusion or conspiracy, just greed.

If this is the case why are they either building or adding on to terminals.There is alot of money being spent on these locations.So I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon.That is just my.02.Maybe I just dont see ANY of the big pictures.

The Doctor Is In

thedoctorsin3.jpg

well, it is the season for giving... this session is free.

you need to go beyond the information offered and look closer at who is offering the information. You're right Mr. Lost, a lot of money is being spent on improvements/enlarging F.A.C.s. If doom and gloom is just around the corner, well then we must be "little Emron". Why aren't the federal authorities knocking on the board room door as we speak?

It's called "Posturing". I need people to listen to my opinion... and if you don't get it your not listening well enough or you're just stupid or your on their side. How often have you seen that football dad or soccer mom trying to convince every other parent that their kid is being picked on or punished by the coach. Why else is he not playing?

also referred to as 'CLS' (Chicken Little syndrome)

I offer all this with tongue in cheek... have a light-hearted day fellas

Paid emergency family leave, up to 3 months, quarterly breakfast meetings for discussion, 2 FOS at big reships to HELP drivers, hats, pens, trucks, note pads to give customers, pension plan, 10 sick days, lifetime long term disability, team spirit, paid health insurance..... ALL GONE!
My opinion is these are only the beginning.
They are starting to get the Co. where they want it, why would they close it?
Also, does anybody remember a very large LTL Co. that was even more top heavy with management than us, and went under?
Woops! I guess I just answered my own question.

You should come to Central and see how the top end of the food chain gets heavier with every free meal given to them.

if it happens. so be it. the freight has to go somewhere. i am lucky that i am young enough to start over anywhere. its the older guys that i would feel for.

thedoctorsin3.jpg

well, it is the season for giving... this session is free.

you need to go beyond the information offered and look closer at who is offering the information. You're right Mr. Lost, a lot of money is being spent on improvements/enlarging F.A.C.s. If doom and gloom is just around the corner, well then we must be "little Emron". Why aren't the federal authorities knocking on the board room door as we speak?

It's called "Posturing". I need people to listen to my opinion... and if you don't get it your not listening well enough or you're just stupid or your on their side. How often have you seen that football dad or soccer mom trying to convince every other parent that their kid is being picked on or punished by the coach. Why else is he not playing?

also referred to as 'CLS' (Chicken Little syndrome)

I offer all this with tongue in cheek... have a light-hearted day fellas

as you sign onto the truckingboards, notice the stats of the other companies. UPS Freight is the only company with more posts than us. They are also the only company that seems to be going through more changes than us. Maybe we can get T. Rowe to allow us to invest in truckingboards.com