TForce | Negotiations Update May 26th

All contracts are negotiated for a 50% +1 agreement. That being said, just like every past contract many will be unhappy. All will have to live with the results. I am sure that a contract will be presented that will result in a 50% +1 passage.

There will be no need. After what happened in 2018 the majority of guys are gonna gripe, but continue to work. The current economic environment is too unstable for any job action.
Why is there always an excuse at contract time from some members for why we can’t stand for a better contract? If not now when? I wish guys were as tough at negotiating as they are about acting tough the other four years.

Why is there always an excuse at contract time from some members for why we can’t stand for a better contract? If not now when? I wish guys were as tough at negotiating as they are about acting tough the other four years.
You just answered your own question. Talk is talk.

There will be no need. After what happened in 2018 the majority of guys are gonna gripe, but continue to work. The current economic environment is too unstable for any job action.
Ok, maybe you are right. If they play to half plus one they win, and they will win. They made it clear they want a younger workforce, that is clear. TFI is strictly profit driven to an extent this Company has never seen before, and in the quest for his 70% OR it will not be beneficial to labor.
For years the Mangement always used the, "you are the highest paid in the industry", when they imposed work requirements. That will not be the case going forward.
Inevitably TForce will be a mediocre workplace, with mediocre compensation, and mediocre equipment in a mediocre world.
But, be somewhat grateful to your Union, they do make a difference.......

Ok, maybe you are right. If they play to half plus one they win, and they will win. They made it clear they want a younger workforce, that is clear. TFI is strictly profit driven to an extent this Company has never seen before, and in the quest for his 70% OR it will not be beneficial to labor.
For years the Mangement always used the, "you are the highest paid in the industry", when they imposed work requirements. That will not be the case going forward.
Inevitably TForce will be a mediocre workplace, with mediocre compensation, and mediocre equipment in a mediocre world.
But, be somewhat grateful to your Union, they do make a difference.......
Meanwhile with the increase in the value of the stock Bedard is now currently worth about $700 million.

It’s funny, when you take a look at the revenue printed at the bottom of the travel copies you can clearly see we are making money hand over fist. To say that TForce can’t afford to give a substantial raise and keep the pension is bs!

Simple.

Because many of us bought the new crew cab pickup(myself included), have a mortgage, and if you got shorties they got to eat too. And if we were stupid enough, a boat.

Many can't afford NOT to work. The company knows this.

If you've got a family of 4, then you're looking at around $850-1000 per week, just for food.

The company knows what kind of machinery is in their parking lots.......

Simple.

Because many of us bought the new crew cab pickup(myself included), have a mortgage, and if you got shorties they got to eat too. And if we were stupid enough, a boat.

Many can't afford NOT to work. The company knows this.

If you've got a family of 4, then you're looking at around $850-1000 per week, just for food.

The company knows what kind of machinery is in their parking lots.......
I’ve got everything you mentioned except the boat. And I’m still willing to strike for a better contract. We are underpaid and the pension disbursements under the new formula are valued at half of what they used to be.The guys that were under the old pension scheme shafted the new employees by voting for the last contract. Many of them retired, collected their pensions and kept working here. Talk about greedy. I take that back. They can’t afford the lifestyle they’ve set themselves up in so they can’t retire without continuing to work. Really sad.

I’ve got everything you mentioned except the boat. And I’m still willing to strike for a better contract. We are underpaid and the pension disbursements under the new formula are valued at half of what they used to be.The guys that were under the old pension scheme shafted the new employees by voting for the last contract. Many of them retired, collected their pensions and kept working here. Talk about greedy. I take that back. They can’t afford the lifestyle they’ve set themselves up in so they can’t retire without continuing to work. Really sad.
I believe one plan with the pension is to cap it at 30 years. Anyone already drawing and/or over 30 years will receive no more accruement. Also with a max amount dollar cap per month, and if you already have earned that amount or draw that amount from the ups pension, you will get no more.

While it might be sad in principle, you can't really blame the people that took advantage of an offered program.
If you maxxed out your 30-year pension and desired to stay working, you would be a fool not to draw on it if it was financially beneficial to you. Hard to blame employees for using it to their advantage...

While it might be sad in principle, you can't really blame the people that took advantage of an offered program.
If you maxxed out your 30-year pension and desired to stay working, you would be a fool not to draw on it if it was financially beneficial to you. Hard to blame employees for using it to their advantage...
Sad for the 25 year old driver who can’t move up because a retired driver doesn’t know when to leave.

Sad for the 25 year old driver who can’t move up because a retired driver doesn’t know when to leave.
When i first started with a certain LTL company the #1 on the Line board had 35 years. He would come up to me, and other new guys and help with whatever he could even if it was just knowledge. When he left the military after Vietnam he hired on to the same LTL company. He did his time and earned his spot as well as the #2, #3, #4, ect...

I never wished any of them to retire so i could move up a spot. And if they were in this same situation, and retired but were still allowed to work, i would never have a problem with it. All because of respect.

Respect has been lost with these younger, very less senior employees here. And i have more than a handful of times tried to help this new group of employees, and everytime they wouldn't even listen or just do the opposite. And when stuff went south for them, i wouldn't give them an i told you so. Out of respect, even though they let their Know-it- All attitude get them into a pickle. It's all about respect... both from senior and junior employee, one thing that is lacking at this company.