TForce | Negotiations Update May 26th

And that’s YOUR CHOICE, what someone else decides for themselves is none of your or anyone else’s business with finances included. You don’t know what someone has or doesn’t have financially and again it’s nobody’s business.
Agreed. I just think it’s wrong.

And that’s YOUR CHOICE, what someone else decides for themselves is none of your or anyone else’s business with finances included. You don’t know what someone has or doesn’t have financially and again it’s nobody’s business.
When I left YRC, the senior man and I were talking...I told him it was a pleasure to work with him (he truly is a nice guy) and he told me the same....then he said that one other driver and myself are the only two guys that never pestered him about retiring and he appreciated that.... I told him I wouldn't do that as it was none of my business and he was free to do as he pleases...btw he is still there, and I'm sure the same guys under him are still irritated...

When I left YRC, the senior man and I were talking...I told him it was a pleasure to work with him (he truly is a nice guy) and he told me the same....then he said that one other driver and myself are the only two guys that never pestered him about retiring and he appreciated that.... I told him I wouldn't do that as it was none of my business and he was free to do as he pleases...btw he is still there, and I'm sure the same guys under him are still irritated...
Yeah, I don’t pester either. I just wait for it to happen. If you’ve been in this gig for awhile you know that you lose a few drivers a year to retirements, firings, new jobs or unfortunately death. This job is all about outlasting others.

Meanwhile with the increase in the value of the stock Bedard is now currently worth about $700 million.

It’s funny, when you take a look at the revenue printed at the bottom of the travel copies you can clearly see we are making money hand over fist. To say that TForce can’t afford to give a substantial raise and keep the pension is bs!
REvenue means nothing unless you understand costs..
That is the brilliance of ODFL...

How does a thread about our current contract negotiations turn into a thread about retirement? Let's try to keep our eye on the ball
Because there is always someone out there ready to belly ache about the double dippers in any thread..... pretty redundant and tear dropper to me , but you are correct with we need to stay focused with the business/thread at hand. Sorry for my off topic to all,but it rubs me wrong that they don't understand it's none of their business.

I recall an older Roadway driver from Pottstown, he was into his 70's and just miserable. Found out he had a young wife with 2 kids in school and needed the insurance and remained on the job. Everyone has their own reasons to do what they need to do.
When you get up to the 70’s to mid 70’s and are still having to work, the pension starts to be an afterthought.

Since I was 19 when I started to work, I was younger than most guys who bitched and griped because I wouldn't retire and let jr people move up the board.
I only retired when the company folded.
Decent or not, I would not have retired at 54 had the company not closed.
Since I was a multi-millionaire I didn't want to start at the bottom again, so I live in luxury.
I made my millions on the pinball machines.
My brother’s uncle was pulling down 1400 a week at age 19. He worked in a window shade factory