Nemf mgmt u want cut backs look in the mirror

imovaherenow

TB Regular
Credits
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH..WHY DONT U CUT THE FAT IN MGMT? HIGH PRICED DO NOTHING'S, I HAVE NEVER SEEN SOOOO MANY DIRECTORS, VICE PRESIDENTS, ECT....ALL GETTING GREAT SALARIES, FOR WHAT??...CUT THE FAT THERE FIRST!!!!

YOU TALK ABOUT LOSING MONEY..I WOULD IMAGINE AFTER 18 MONTHS OF LOSING MONEY SOME BRAIN UP THERE WOULD LOOK AT THE ROOT CAUSE..ITS CALLED MIS-MANAGEMENT..

HOW HAVE YOU CHANGD YOUR OPERATING MODULE.. I WOULD SAY KNOWING YOUR IN A RECESSION WOULD BE PARAMOUNT...INSTEAD OF WAITING..CMON..EVERY OTHER COMPANY HAS DONE SOMETHING......

OK HERES ONE M.S.HOW ABOUT NOT FLYING TO THE HAMPTONS IN YOUR HELICOPTER...TAKE THE CAR!!! YOU YOU CANT BULLY THE WORKING MAN BY WANTING FROM THEM......LOOK INTO THE MIRROR-FIRST:ranting2:

I got my new insurance card with the increase co-pay as planned. All is good here, pay expected to go down while my bills go up. What more can we all ask for?

How about we all match the managements concession's they have been given and allow us to pick two days off without pay in July and August. I am planning a couple four day weekends and would enjoy it as well as many other drivers.

Realistic? NO. Can't get milk without the cow, so we all will be hearded up and told what we will get for concessions which is proper, that is how we negotiated this past contract.

Keep smiling, just a thought with some humor.

I got my new insurance card with the increase co-pay as planned. All is good here, pay expected to go down while my bills go up. What more can we all ask for?

How about we all match the managements concession's they have been given and allow us to pick two days off without pay in July and August. I am planning a couple four day weekends and would enjoy it as well as many other drivers.

Realistic? NO. Can't get milk without the cow, so we all will be hearded up and told what we will get for concessions which is proper, that is how we negotiated this past contract.

Keep smiling, just a thought with some humor.

From what I hear management has had a wage freeze for the last 3 years while we still got our raises. Management got the companies contributions to their 401k eliminated and are paying more into their medical too. When you say look in the mirror, I think you aught to research before throwing stones.

Maybe it is our turn. I will still have a job here rather then starting out somewhere else at 70%, living by the phone, getting less miles, working every weekend and holiday, losing my three weeks vacation, probably paying more for my insurance and on and on. I think we have more to lose then if we took a minor pay cut.

900 drivers average $250 DAY{?] =$225'000 X 4 =$900'000. THIS IS NOT COUNTING THE DOCK WORKERS. $900'000 THAT A BIG SAVING FOR THIS COMPANY. SO LET'S GO FOR IT 4 DAY WEEKENDS . I HOPE MY MATH WAS RIGHT?

No stone throwing here, my glass house has been shattered to many times in the past. A few weeks ago I was BS'ing with some internal workers and was made to believe that this was there first year freeze and they did not know what the future was bringing and that everything else was the same. It probably is the case of who you talk to and what can be sorted out as fact for fiction. As I stated at the end of the comment "Keep smiling, just a thought with some humor." This was not intended to offend anyone or rub salt in peoples wounds or draw freightgod54's comment of "now its your turn to give back. see how it feels." I nor any other worker that applies 100% effort and professionalism into their job should feel the loss of givebacks, but times have changed or atleast thats what I have been made to believe with fancy charts and big dollar figures.

I guess instead of "stone throwing' I should have said be careful what you wish for. I personally would like to give up what the management team has, as in raises over the past three years. As doogie said good luck with the future, but not just for us, but everyone in this industry. We all will need it.

Did I miss something here? Specifically what is being asked for as far as concessions? From whom? And how much?

Anyone got some specifics yet???

I know here at Eastern we have the same freeze on pay increases as well as 401k contributions. Anything that happens on the NEMF side will more than likely be implemented over here as well.

Even though we are non union and get lower pay than our NEMF brothers I suspect we will also get hit sooner than later.

Non-efficiency

On top of all the un-needed management is the freight system it's self here. NEMF has the most inefficient line-haul system i ever seen. You have a Pit driver leaving SPR with a HBG load and A SPR driver leaving with a PIT load and both going to ELZ. What???? That is efficient? NO!!! Start there!:eck13:

On top of all the un-needed management is the freight system it's self here. NEMF has the most inefficient line-haul system i ever seen. You have a Pit driver leaving SPR with a HBG load and A SPR driver leaving with a PIT load and both going to ELZ. What???? That is efficient? NO!!! Start there!:eck13:

That is an accurate statement.

thats what i have been saying for months.. linehaul routes need to reworked big time..why would a shipment for virginia leaving newburgh have to go west to harrisburg instead of going directly south..lets say maybe put it on the tail of a baltimore trailer..then strip it off at baltimore or elkton that way it's almost to it's dinal destination or is that having to much common snese...management always has the answers right guys?

linehaul

problem is the smart guys want to make suggestions to management but the imbeciles who run their mouth ruin it for everybody so supervision just tunes out everyone.