Nemf mgmt u want cut backs look in the mirror

Now it's time to give back, or else!!
Strongarm tactics? "I will close any terminal that doesnt give it back".
What if every terminal says no? Close the doors and walk away? If he's willing to say that now, and mean it, does that mean he's thinking about closing shop anyway? If so, when might that be? Who would run this business if he died tommorrow?

How can a man say he'll close it all down if he doesnt get what he wants? Just close and go away? Is that the plan anyway? Figure this would be at least $2500.00 per driver, $1800.00 per full time dock worker. Save all that money and then close anyway? Thats never been done before has it?

Tough call. People have bills to pay, children to feed etc. The economy nees the consumer to drive it back to health, but, the management of these companies want to take any spendable cash away from thier workers, keep them in line, meanwhile, the economy will continue to struggle, and then another round of paybacks will be asked for.

When do workers take a stand. Seems like alot of these companies dont want the economy to flourish. Hmmmm...

Any thoughts?

close it up

MS has more money than the pope. hes 78 years old. He doesnt need this crap anymore. He would close it in a minute and sell everything. UPS would buy him out.

Thats my point.

Maybe that is what he has planned anyway.

Get the giveback, then after saving several hndred thou in employee wages, close the doors.
Several other trcking companies went out that way, the employees feared for thier jobs, wanted to keep working, as we all do, and wanted to keep paying their bills, whatever they might be.
Sadly, after all the poor mouthing was finished, the employees took the wage reductions for the sake of the company, and then, the company dumped them anyway.

Hopefully that isnt the case, but as I asked before, who is going to run this company when MS decides to call it quits?

Will that person be interested in whats going on in this company? Will they stay abreast of daily operations, or, will they have a management team that hides the problems because they dont want to be seen as causing a problem.

MS has more money than the pope. hes 78 years old. He doesnt need this crap anymore. He would close it in a minute and sell everything. UPS would buy him out.

I don't know how long you know him, but this company is more to him than just a business, it's a legacy for him. He takes great pride in it, and he has a great respect for the employees. The company is experiencing growing pains, where it doesn't have the personal touch it did before. M.S. knows that there is over 2,500 employees and their families depending on this job and him to do the right thing. Put yourself in his shoes, your trying to do right by your employees, but your losing money every day in a crumby economy. You hear from disgruntled employees, but not from the ones that are happy to be working here. Lets face it the disgruntled employees do make the most noise. This can get to a person to the point where he would think, why should I bother when the workers don't respect what they have. I personally have been here for over 15 years and have a great respect for him and this company. I don't always like their policies, but I come to work, I do the best job I can, and I go home. At the end of the week my check is always there. Basically what I'm saying if you like working is a stable work environment stop the whining, and if you don't like it here go find a job you do like. Life is to short to do something you aren't happy with.

ms may be old but i know deep down he stil has that fight left in him so this company can keep going long after he is gone..look at the move he just made in canada..he is from what i am hearing closing our two terminals and using a partner carrier which in turn will let nemf have the means to cover every single part of canada..he just now has his own customs port in elizabeth...does this sound like a man who wants to give up just because a few loud mouth all talkers are complaining...there are plenty of people who need a job..you dont like it here and dont wanna join together and help everyone of your fellow drivers and dock workers then there is the door..good luck out there where you probably would make only 70% or less of what you make now..lets be real fellas....

well... i see so much wasteful spending everyday. if you say something to management, their response is always, "let us run it". so... let's see where they ran it to. I know at our terminal, they laid off the smarter ones and kept the "yes" men. unfortunately we need management with a little know how when times get tough, not a bunch of mindless sheep.

had MS and crew worked smarter, we'd not be at this point. NEMF's goal has always been to be the highest growth, Lowest Cost LTL Carrier. They were very successful in that. Who do you think makes up the majority of the "Lowest Cost" part? That would be us. We were underpaid for years and we still are.

a driver told me, maybe true.maybe not.but would u have thought the canadian terminals would have closed?...nope.......answer.most goes to montreal and quebec.....dude it wouldnt surprise me....actually the driver told me 14 would be the terminal....and after thinkn about it..why not cartage could handle it..probably just as good.

a driver told me, maybe true.maybe not.but would u have thought the canadian terminals would have closed?...nope.......answer.most goes to montreal and quebec.....dude it wouldnt surprise me....actually the driver told me 14 would be the terminal....and after thinkn about it..why not cartage could handle it..probably just as good.

No more 14? Woot! I'm coming back to NEMF - sign me up! I F'n hated the

L I E!!!!

Well in our case, if he does shut our terminal down and works around us, we have the right to go to the terminal that gets our work! That's not too far away for me so..... move over new terminal!

the terminals that would close are the ones that are not making a profit..some do some dont...we are all being dictated but whats going on in the industry with the news makers at yrc..once that crap is over and done with hopefully we all will be alright

Well from what ms has told everyone..he hasnt made money in years...can u read between the lines.....trust me that ....he may not be showing a profit , but he is making money....

he always will make money and good for him thats what everyone in america wants ....the profits mat not be showing but the right front pocket is full while the left front pocket is only half full...