Yellow | New Absenteeism policy????

excalman60

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone know what the new policy is and when does it take affect? I work at 135. One of our stewards said they were waiting for a message from Tyson. Or are they waiting for YRC to add some pages to it !!??

I'm out West and we have it already. 5 days are still there. After the 5 sick days are used every absence works against you in progressive discipline. Doctors notes are still in play but not right away. What management does is discipline you, suspend you, terminate you or whatever they're gonna do. Then they send you to the panel and that's where the doctors notes are considered. It's a bunch of crap and it sucks but that's what we're dealing with. My advice is for everyone to fill out FMLA paperwork. If you use an FMLA day they cannot discipline you ( by law).
That's how it works out here. Another thing you should know is that they will not accept a doctors note that was written after the fact.
If you called in Tuesday night and get you're note on Wednesday, you get disciplined. Good luck!

Now I've heard they are including "tardiness."
One click late=verbal. 2nd time=warning letter.
Not sure if this is included with absenteeism, but am sure the Yes guys have no problem with the new policy, as long as doughnuts or burgers are brought in and shared on the same morning.

Not sure if this is included with absenteeism, but am sure the Yes guys have no problem with the new policy, as long as doughnuts or burgers are brought in and shared on the same morning.

What?!?!?! Nice shiny apples are no longer acceptable.:biglaugh:
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Kronos will issue letters of discipline based on tardiness and absenteeism.

I'm out West and we have it already. 5 days are still there. After the 5 sick days are used every absence works against you in progressive discipline. Doctors notes are still in play but not right away. What management does is discipline you, suspend you, terminate you or whatever they're gonna do. Then they send you to the panel and that's where the doctors notes are considered. It's a bunch of crap and it sucks but that's what we're dealing with. My advice is for everyone to fill out FMLA paperwork. If you use an FMLA day they cannot discipline you ( by law).
That's how it works out here. Another thing you should know is that they will not accept a doctors note that was written after the fact.
If you called in Tuesday night and get you're note on Wednesday, you get disciplined. Good luck!

How does FMLA work? Do you need a diagnosis from a doctor for anxiety or something like that? This sounds like an interesting option to combat new policy.

What I read in pittsburg is that starting the 12th we will have to call in to a central call off number for sick, days off, vacation, earned time off etc.

What I read in pittsburg is that starting the 12th we will have to call in to a central call off number for sick, days off, vacation, earned time off etc.

Regarding these changes - as in many cases I've seen over the years, abuse by a few causes the majority to suffer. Sad.

Regarding these changes - as in many cases I've seen over the years, abuse by a few causes the majority to suffer. Sad.
Agreed that it gives Management a soapbox to get up on and it will take more than them crying it cost us 40 million a year for me to believe the rhetoric. Our Conference pretty much had the same language so not much change around here and the professional absentee will still get their time off, as they have in the past.

Just come to work and do your job, not come to work and look for ways not to do it.

should be easy for the 60-70 year old guys with no families .their only ties are to yrc . and my goodness .you know the aged group as a whole is getting healthier by the day .hope you all make sure you get your flu shots and no emergencies come up.