Yellow | New Absenteeism policy????

Something that was very disturbing to me was Friday morning as I waited to get my paperwork at Pittsburg I watched 3 people start calling shipper after shipper to tell them they were not coming to pick their freight up. Some of it was a skid or 2, some of it was trailer loads. I asked one of the people calling "is this a busy week or day?" They replied "no - just a normal day" I asked "you have anybody laid off? reply "no" I asked "are you trying to hire anyone?" reply "I don't think so" I asked "how many pickups do you miss on average?" reply "about 50 a day"
I am not a very smart man but I know if you are missing 50 plus pickups a day & pissing those shippers off we are not going in a good direction.
The trailer I had picked up in the yard had been sitting there for at least a couple days so it was going to be late wherever it was going.

YRC does not care about customer service. Period.
Welch came out with a statement last year which shows YRCF the "on time" delivery ratio at only 80%.
All the regional companies claim a 98%+ ratio.
I can find the links if anyone is interested.

I read a current article within the last week on the internet pertaining to this subject.
I cannot seem to locate the article now, but the DOT is planning to come down hard on employers who violate the current laws.
Did anyone else notice that news article?

The ruling against Oak Harbor was last month so it is a current OSHA action for the exact same thing YRC seems to be preaching as their policy.
These so called managers claiming they are going to come down hard might want to grease up for the government boot headed their way.
Having to reach a termination hearing before a doctors excuse is considered or because you became sick at work is pure crap.

And who might I ask authorizes Kronos to issue discipline?
Is that at the local level or national level?
With "22,000, 26,000, 30,000?" employees, and the cost of mailing out 2 certified letters for each violation, it sounds as though YRC has plenty of cash.

All that may be true, but this is the future.

Kronos knows your bid, Kronos knows if you are late or absent.

As a direct result, Kronos will issue notices and alleviate managerial responsibility for absenteeism.

NBD, but we all know that someone in each terminal has access to Kronos and can override if necessary.

All that may be true, but this is the future.

Kronos knows your bid, Kronos knows if you are late or absent.

As a direct result, Kronos will issue notices and alleviate managerial responsibility for absenteeism.

NBD, but we all know that someone in each terminal has access to Kronos and can override if necessary.

Sounds like Hal in 2001 Space Odyssey. I guess Kronos can have the letters typed out and ready for delivery, as soon as we clock in!

Funny stuff. A supervisor was trying to "locate" a forklift operator last week.
I told the supervisor, why don't you hand out GPS units to all of us, that way you will know where each and every one of us are at, even when we are in the restroom.
A received an angry hostile facial expression. And by the way, I don't spend hours in the restroom.
I'm always in plain view but must have my cloak of invisibility on. Or the supervisor is wearing horse blinders.

Stealth

Funny stuff. A supervisor was trying to "locate" a forklift operator last week.
I told the supervisor, why don't you hand out GPS units to all of us, that way you will know where each and every one of us are at, even when we are in the restroom.
A received an angry hostile facial expression. And by the way, I don't spend hours in the restroom.
I'm always in plain view but must have my cloak of invisibility on. Or the supervisor is wearing horse blinders.
You've got a cloaking device?!?!?!? I want one. Where did you get it?:LMAO:

You've got a cloaking device?!?!?!? I want one. Where did you get it?:LMAO:

I got mine from the Romulans, but it was NOT cheap!!!

Trade it out with those diletheum crystals we keep hearing about?

Artificial quantum singularity reactors are much more efficient than using dilithium crystals in matter/anti-matter reactors.

But, I digress.

If management would just use their tachyon detection grid, the cloaking device would be useless.

The one question I have about this new policy is, do you get 5 infractions a week, a month, a year or what? Do we get 5 chances for the rest of our career? Does this policy include tardiness? The wording on this as clear as mud.

The one question I have about this new policy is, do you get 5 infractions a week, a month, a year or what? Do we get 5 chances for the rest of our career? Does this policy include tardiness? The wording on this as clear as mud.
the infractions last however long your current discipline policy is. For example, our's here is nine months. Tardiness and absenteeism are counted separately.

That is not "one question."

As far as 'mud,' he is usually somewhat sort of clear.

If you have no additional infractions, it resets after nine months to level 2.

One verbal is all you get forever and ever and ever....

Unless there is some other change in the contract that incorporates tardiness and absenteeism.

el there are a few complaining that their term manegers are saying it is one in the same .charlotte manager told the guys its all one deal and you voted for it .

el there are a few complaining that their term manegers are saying it is one in the same .charlotte manager told the guys its all one deal and you voted for it .

I am confused, more than usual, but indeed confused.

What are the TM's saying that is not clear?

Please be specific.