Yellow | New Absenteeism policy????

Regarding these changes - as in many cases I've seen over the years, abuse by a few causes the majority to suffer. Sad.

Most everyone on here, and since probably your first 12 years of school, you had a "time" to be at school, work, appointments, etc., etc., etc. Why then can't we just show up to work on time, and not try to reinvent the wheel here?

hope they move you 65 miles from work and have to drive into a busy metro area . lets see if you can make it every time even leaving 2 hours before your start time .then you can realize why

should be easy for the 60-70 year old guys with no families .their only ties are to yrc . and my goodness .you know the aged group as a whole is getting healthier by the day .hope you all make sure you get your flu shots and no emergencies come up.

I hope no union barn would stand for a truly sick man to be suspended or fired.This would be a fight I would gladly lose my job over.I would hope all drivers would stand together and refuse to drive until we were assured that person was made whole.If this ever happens our union better be outside that barn with signs and I personally will fly to whatever state in which it took place and stand with them.Surely the company knows this and I truly believe this is not their intent.

" I hope no union barn would stand for a truly sick man to be suspended or fired.This would be a fight I would gladly lose my job over.I would hope alldrivers would stand together and refuse to drive until we were assured that person was made whole.If this ever happens our union better be outside that barn with signs andI personallywillflytowhateverstate in which it took place and stand with them.Surelythe companyknows thisandI trulybelieve this is not their intent."

Uh huh. You might fly into a new barn to lick a new mgrs boots. That's who you support.

You're sayin ya support and vote for a scb attendence policy
And then get all brotherly with support for the men you voted to
To be negatively impacted by the turncoat policy that you had to have.
:busted:

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTEThat is not "one question."

As far as 'mud,' he is usually somewhat sort of clear.

If you have no additional infractions, it resets after nine months to level 2.

One verbal is all you get forever and ever and ever....

Unless there is some other change in the contract that incorporates tardiness and absenteeism][/QUOTE]

Yeah Elwood, I guess I started with one question and it kind of got away from me. I just want to know what the rules are that I'm slaving under. I am ocasionally late for doctor or dentist appt. In the past, I tell them the day before and I will do a different run, or I schedule the appts on days that are normally slow. If they're going to bust my balls about being late a couple times a year, I will just book off the day of the appt. No more notifiying them, I will call in the morning and they can figure out how to peddle their garbage. This is the attitude they are cultivating and I hope they choke on it.

" I hope no union barn would stand for a truly sick man to be suspended or fired.This would be a fight I would gladly lose my job over.I would hope alldrivers would stand together and refuse to drive until we were assured that person was made whole.If this ever happens our union better be outside that barn with signs andI personallywillflytowhateverstate in which it took place and stand with them.Surelythe companyknows thisandI trulybelieve this is not their intent."

Uh huh. You might fly into a new barn to lick a new mgrs boots. That's who you support.

You're sayin ya support and vote for a scb attendence policy
And then get all brotherly with support for the men you voted to
To be negatively impacted by the turncoat policy that you had to have.
:busted:

Slabpyle you are damn right I will stand for what is right.You only stand with the people who voted no, what a ****.You are to dumb and hard headed to know we would not have a job next month without a yes vote.My point in the post,for the paranoid people like you who think the company willt abuse and terminte people who are truly sick or have serious family issues.Is that no teamster would allow this to happen.(except you with the yes voters) This policy is in place because of people that abuse days off and I know several.Now why don't you get on your knees and lick a yes voters boots and thank him for saving your job.

you are a real piece of work . no you are right .they would nevvvvvvvver abuse a policy like this .thats why they pushed so hard to sliddddddde it in .now they will slammmmmmm it in with no lube .

hope they move you 65 miles from work and have to drive into a busy metro area . lets see if you can make it every time even leaving 2 hours before your start time .then you can realize why

I already do that. Actually 62 miles each way. 1 hr and 10 minutes.

you are a real piece of work . no you are right .they would nevvvvvvvver abuse a policy like this .thats why they pushed so hard to sliddddddde it in .now they will slammmmmmm it in with no lube .

I helped keep the big bad wolf from extinction as they would not survive when took off their preserve and thrown to the nons where you can get fired at will with a much harsher work enviroment.

we have 14 that lease a van to car pool .74 miles one way .leave 2 hours before shift and sometimes late because going into charlotte at certaon hours just dont happen .was stuck 1 1/2 one day 3 miles from work. got there mail was waiting .

we have 14 that lease a van to car pool .74 miles one way .leave 2 hours before shift and sometimes late because going into charlotte at certaon hours just dont happen .was stuck 1 1/2 one day 3 miles from work. got there mail was waiting .

Makes you wanna give the Company a big kiss eh?
Do what I did, (If you can make it in) Take the dispatch, Go down to the Delaware Water Gap (Out of 120 Stroudsburg) call in, Tell them the roads are to dangerous to drive on, AND SIT IN DA FREKIN CLOCK!!
What worked at Roadway will work at YRC, If you wanna get the Companies attention,

GET IN THEIR FREKIN WALLET!!!!!!!!!

heres a good one for you .
im north carolina even in a state of emergency and roads are closed .if your company is open and they expect you in .they can fire you and you will get nothing from unemployment . thats just crazy !!!!!

How else do get the snowplow operators to show up i bad weather?
If you couldn't fire them they could all book off as the roads are too dangerous to drive on and plow.................................

heres a good one for you .
im north carolina even in a state of emergency and roads are closed .if your company is open and they expect you in .they can fire you and you will get nothing from unemployment . thats just crazy !!!!!

Love those right to work states!!!

aww,poor you! wait till it gets in the 3 digits one way.then undrivable at all for work call...GO TEAM!!!

Always looking at things that could make me late, and just simply plan ahead. Sometimes I do leave earlier to make sure I am on time. As far as the 3 digit thing, they will have to close all of the Chicago area terminals for that to happen. Go Ridge Sox!

Always looking at things that could make me late, and just simply plan ahead. Sometimes I do leave earlier to make sure I am on time. As far as the 3 digit thing, they will have to close all of the Chicago area terminals for that to happen. Go Ridge Sox!

showed what your made of there...meester